• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(2) Mountain Pass

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Mountain Pass 1v1
Autors : Bagot and KaplanHorus

6 neutral camps (2 green, 2 yellow, 2 red)
3 gold mines (12 500 golds each)
10 items from drop (2x Level 2, 4x Level 3, 2x Level 4)
4 neutral buildings (2x Tavern, 2x Goblin Laboratory)

Download, play, Comment, give rate, etc.
Do not edit without my or Bagot´s Permission
you can put this map on other sites

210023-albums6487-picture70343.jpg

210023-albums6487-picture70344.jpg

Uploaded

Removed Golems in middle
Removed some bandits
Added Merchant
Moved Taverns and Laboratories
Moved 1st team´s green creeps from base

Keywords:
Mountain, Pass, Kaplan, Bagot
Contents

(2) Mountain Pass (Map)

Reviews
19:38, 18th Jun 2013 Orcnet: Needs more work:

M

19:38, 18th Jun 2013
Orcnet: Needs more work:
Orcnet;2362599 said:
Tested the whole game and uh it needs a new recipe overdose :(

In-game size is small its useful when it comes to map file size but the in-game quality now lacks enough expansion to both sides and breaking down melee strategy. Tavern doesn't need creep camps while the Goblin Laboratory, Marketplace, and Goblin Merchant requires lesser or intermediate leveled creeps in place. the overdose creep out area is bad idea especially the only 1 expansion in the middle with too much creeps in it.

In total expand the map more, when it comes to 1v1 expansion sites(gold mines) needs to be atleast 2-3 in numbers, and weak level creep camps is in order, for now practice or show wips in the map development.

Level 9
hi there, i saw your map and i think

good things
-well terrain
-well enviroments

things thats limits the game play in melee
-bases are to small and that barricades, doesnt help
-creeps arent in camp mode
- a green creep is to near from the red starting location
-you have to much problem space that you had to put the tavern and the goblin maker in the same zone
-only one way to attack and is very small, is like the Termopilas
- the badits creeps are like to much
-no market :( no buy items, my hero will be sad

interesting for a first melee, the first always have problems
if you have to chose between balance and enviroment, first balance, enviroment later

Thank you :) I am updating it now :) There´s another way to attack, Zeppelins ! :) Reducing the bandits, removed golems and added Market to make the hero happy ! :) Moved the green camp in red zone far far from spawn, removed barricades

Level 10
interesting for a first melee, the first always have problems
if you have to chose between balance and enviroment, first balance, enviroment later

Not for me :)

Anyway remove barricades cause then you can expand out, move the golbin laboratory and tavern to the trees more or even put golbin lab with the creeps down south.

Besides that I like it

Edit: oh you already did 4/5

Level 10
4/5, I have a 6 player melee map with a 3/5 and without the problems mention here, if he gets a 4/5 i have to jump from a window... XD

But see I didnt see a problem with his map with creeps terrain and the shops were the only thing that bugged me but I have seen it in blizzard maps before and liked it. To me having thwt provides different gameplay.

Anyway ill look at your map later and if terrain is good ill love it (I base marks more on terrain and difference with gameplay)

Level 29
Note: This is not a review

Hmm, this map is simple. It reminds me of Booty Bay. Above average melee map. 4 stars.
Im going to jump from a window.
im the only one who thinks that market should be anywhere exept there, maybe a fountain can be there, because it fits with the water

if you are going to keep the market, change it for a goblin market
because the market you have put, doesnt sell items, is empty, it has to be configured in the objet editor

Level 9
> Update your screenshots.
> There is some unbuildable terrain in the blue side. A slight disadvantage.
> Although almost the units in the orange camps are quite identical, the way to the red one is quite shallow, making it very hard to cramp up some melee units to the battle, but on the other side, the disadvantage does not exist. Widen it up.
> Red has an upper hand when it comes to base size.

Come on Captain Tee-, er , KaplanHorus, you can still improve this!

3/5

Level 13
I took a look at your map, and here are my thoughts:
the good:
-sufficient space and lumber for a game
-terrain looks nice

the bad:
-no expansion gold mines. This automatically eliminates about a third of the strategies and means both players must rush. Additionally, starting gold mines don't have nearly enough gold in them if they are to be the 'only' mine anyone gets. I realize there is one expansion mine accessible only by zeppelin, but if anyone gets to it they've already won.
-green creep camps are a bit too close to the tavern on the left side.
-huge pathing bottleneck across the middle

the quirks:
-not enough creeps overall, but it is a small map so that's alright.
-no goblin shop. people will howl! But that's really fine...

suggestions
-open up the map a little by removing some of the trees in the center area.

Level 30
Tested the whole game and uh it needs a new recipe overdose :(

In-game size is small its useful when it comes to map file size but the in-game quality now lacks enough expansion to both sides and breaking down melee strategy. Tavern doesn't need creep camps while the Goblin Laboratory, Marketplace, and Goblin Merchant requires lesser or intermediate leveled creeps in place. the overdose creep out area is bad idea especially the only 1 expansion in the middle with too much creeps in it.

In total expand the map more, when it comes to 1v1 expansion sites(gold mines) needs to be atleast 2-3 in numbers, and weak level creep camps is in order, for now practice or show wips in the map development.