• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(2) Kin Conflict

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Legal_Ease
About map

Kin Conflict
Created by Fnif

Some Text:
Stunning and detailed melee map, based on the Lordaeron Winter tileset.
Multiple routes, with plenty of camps to creep.
Balanced, but not symetric. 84 x 84

Featuring classthemed items, that should create an interesting early game for objectives. As well as powerful items from dangerous red camps.

Numbers & Facts:
• 2 Player (1 vs 1)
Creep Camps:
10 x Green Camps
11 x Orange Camps
3 x Red Camps

Neutral Buildings:
1x Shop South West
1x Tavern North East
2x Goblin Laboratory. One close to each base.

Mines:
12500 in each base
1 Close expac for each base. Guarding by Fubs with Abolish Magic!
1 Mine i North East corner. Hardest camp on map.

Above:
9ubbZYA.jpg

The Tavern:
v4nFlPm.jpg

Creature and terrain variety:
gAo2G2o.jpg

In addition, you will encounter, Wolves, Bears, Spiders, Trolls, Ogres, Golems and ofc. a little Murloc camp!
Loot!
EXSUVNg.jpg

Updatelog 1.0

Taken a look at strangely placed enviroment
Smoothed out some ramps
Simplified and balanced items
Reinsured that walk timers ARE BALANCED
Increased building space in spawn and balanced treevolumes

Keywords:
Warcraft, Winter, Melee, 3, 1, v, versus, 1v1, competive, ladder, balance, fnif
Contents

(2) Kin Conflict (Map)

Reviews
18:38, 18th Mar 2016 Ardenian: Overall an average melee map, terrain is okay, tile variation is fine, maybe a bit random. However, the map is not symmetrical. This is an important point for melee maps, as a small difference in distance or terrain...

M

18:38, 18th Mar 2016
Ardenian: Overall an average melee map, terrain is okay, tile variation is fine, maybe a bit random.

However, the map is not symmetrical. This is an important point for melee maps, as a small difference in distance or terrain structure can cause severe disadvantages for certain players.
You might want to look on a melee map tutorial, like this,

Level 22
To use images you must add after each [/IMG]. Update please.

I send a description with BB code to you, can use it. Just copy and paste:
[box="About map"][center]
[size=5][color=#60A600][b] Kin Conflict [/b][/color][/size]
[size=4][color=#CCAA00][b]Created by Fnif[/b][/color][/size]

[size=5][color=#CCAA00][b]Some Text:[/b][/color][/size]
[i][size=4]Stunning and detailed melee map, based on the Lordaeron Winter tileset.
Multiple routes, with plenty of camps to creep.
Balanced, but not symetric. 84 x 84

Featuring classthemed items, that should create an interesting early game for objectives. As well as powerful items from dangerous red camps.[/size][/i][/box]

[box=" "][size=5][color=#CCAA00][b]Numbers & Facts:[/b][/color][/size]
[size=4]
Creep Camps:
10 x Green Camps
11 x Orange Camps
3 x Red Camps

Neutral Buildings:
1x Shop South West
1x Tavern North East
2x Goblin Laboratory. One close to each base.

Mines:
12500 in each base
1 Close expac for each base. Guarding by Fubs with Abolish Magic!
1 Mine i North East corner. Hardest camp on map. [/size][/box]

[box=" "][size=5][color=#CCAA00][b][hidden=Screenshots]Above:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/IjGZ6Nw.jpg[/IMG]
The Tavern:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/v4nFlPm.jpg[/IMG]
Creature and terrain variety:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gAo2G2o.jpg[/IMG]
In addition, you will encounter, Wolves, Bears, Spiders, Trolls, Ogres, Golems and ofc. a little Murloc camp!
Loot!
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qnIiIDF.jpg[/IMG]
[/box][/hidden][/center][/b][/color][/size]

Last edited:
Level 21
-reserved

Visuals
While the map features a good variety of both tiles and tile sizes and is very detailed,some doodads are placed strangely,such as grass on snow,corn on snow and cat tails in the middle of the woods.The tile type variety is used properly since the tiles fit well with each other,however the size variety is overdone in some points such as the ramp near the top left gold mine where the noise tool was used too much,causing the ramp to look odd.

Gameplay
Balance is the most important part of a melee map and unfortunately this map does not excel in this.Normal orange camp creeps should not drop two items,however it is in order for a gold mine one to drop two.The normal creeps drop balanced and proper items,however the red camps could drop more powerful items.Level 1 or 2 items is hardly appropriate for such powerful creeps.The fact that there is three gold mines for expansion is also unbalanced since that means that almost always one player will have more gold,and thus be stronger.Another problem with the balance of the map is that there isn't a lot of build space at the starting point,especially at the top left base.

Overall and verdict
You seem to have focused a lot on terrain and it shows,however terrain alone won't make your map a success.The terrain still has some tiny flaws,you should deal with them.However,you need to focus a lot more on the balance of your map.At this moment it's quite unbalanced ,and thus un-enjoyable.I suggest you look at this:Competitive melee maps.For now,I give this
3/5 and awaiting update!

Last edited:
Level 2
Thank you

Thank you very much WhiteFang, ill try to fix the things you have pointed out

How would you suggest I balance out the map? I dislike symetric maps.

To clarify the 5th gold mine. The camp is very hard, and it would be the point of conflict in the late game, something to fight for. I will keep it for a while, but if more people recommend a change, ill consider it.

Ill work on it soon, and give you an update.

Very nice terrain. That's one of the best tilesets from Blizzard. Asymmetric maps are fine. I see no problem with that. You could make it less Blizzardy though. No Blizzard cliffs, new light models and other environmental effects. Regional sounds can be added and weather changes. All of this fits in a pure Melee category. There is no reason to settle for Blizzard quality, you can do better than them. 4/5 +rep

Oh, and the description says 4v1. I think it should be 1v1.