• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 Awesome suggestions for Hive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
1. "Filter by poster" function in threads. For instance, General Frank would make a thread called "General Frank's lovely ladies gallery" and naturally a bunch of people will post. But when the thread reaches a few hundred pages, it becomes difficult for new comers to see the lovely ladies posted by Gen. Frank. This is where a filter function would come in handy. Next to one of Gen. Frank's posts there would be a "Filter" button. I click it and only his posts comes up.

2. Resource file size from the main menu listing. Right now you have to click on the resource, and scroll down to see the file size. Why not add it to the listing, so when someone searches for "Troll Hunter" and gets 5 results he can immediately see which one is the smallest in size.

Level 13
1. On the right -> "search this thread" -> advanced search -> search by username...

there you go...

2. The filesize is not important when looking for a model.
First of all its important whether it's a good model or not. THEN you can still check the size.

I don't think those suggestions are awesome :D

Level 16
1. It's a nice idea but it won't be easy to implement.
Also, lulz on the example. :D

2. Also nice and could be easily applied, I think. Although it would also fill up the width of a resource page. :p

Level 2
1. On the right -> "search this thread" -> advanced search -> search by username...

there you go...

2. The filesize is not important when looking for a model.
First of all its important whether it's a good model or not. THEN you can still check the size.

I don't think those suggestions are awesome :D

I disagree because:

1. You don't get to see the images attached to the post in that mode you posted. With "filter" mode you will still see the attachments, so you get all the ladiez.jpg's without all the clutter of posts by other users heh heh hmm...

2. File size is important of course. Many awesome models are not as awesomme due to file size (perhaps it's due to the large textures) while others are insanely small (perhaps it uses internal textures). For instance, I saw a model which I thought was pretty cool then I saw it's nearly 1Mb, and I thought with 1Mb I could just use other 5 models in the 200kb size range instead.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.