• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Square Off v0.06

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: -Kobas-
This map is a 'beta' in that I do not consider it complete and intend to finish it but it is FULLY playable. No leaks to speak of and I doubt there are any bugs (though if you find one let me know).

This is a building map. You have to build on all of the squares in the middle in order to win. Can be played with 2 to 4 players.

After playing online with some friends; leave a comment.

I am the author of this map.

Keywords:
build, building, square, off, square off, squares, beta, playable, fully playable, multiplayer
Contents

Square Off v0.06 (Map)

Reviews
11:48, 17th Jun 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected Could become something after a little bit of tweaking and testing. For now: rejected (until updated).

M

11:48, 17th Jun 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected

Could become something after a little bit of tweaking and testing.
For now: rejected (until updated).

Ok let see... Square Off v0.06

Things that I like:

1st - Idea looks unique and awesome
2nd - Terrain looks ok for this kind of game

Things that I don't like:

1st - Map Description
2nd - 2 many different unit models
3th - Pls write numbers with numbers replace ten with 10, two with 2 etc etc
4th - Use colors ingame (text etc)
5th - Make map preview image or custom loading screen
6th - Add hints to game so new players can know basics
7th - No modes
8th - No Ai

Word or 2 to Author:

You have very nice idea there, but pls don't upload unfinished maps! It can be played but only few buildings and units aren't so good, +models are terrible pls use only human one or orc etc etc! maybe you can add races there like, elves, dark elves, dwarfs, beasts etc etc, some can have larger armor (dwarfs) some dmg (beasts) some can attack from range (elves) some have spells (dark elves) experiment a little! Each race can be better than some other and vice verse!
Also Create game modes, for normal mode (current one), defend tower, when you pick race unique tower is summoned in your base, you must defend it (add abilities to it like some auras etc, it can also be hero so it gain levels and you can level up auras for dmg, as, ms, armor, hp reg etc etc)
Add different terrain so you can play 1v1 on one, 1v1v1 on another, 2v2 or 4 players ffa on current one etc etc
Use hero instead of building summoner!
Remove inventory from normal units...
Add shop to buy items for example...
Add more builders per race, one is good for def towers/building, one is better incomer one is better attacker, so when you maybe play with friend you can make good attack with incomer combo etc etc!
More random events like neutral units summon, gods can play with ya and cast spells like slow or haste, give or take dmg for few sec etc etc...

You must know that I wrote only few things that I don't like but enough for map rejection, yes I will vote for rejection and give you 1/5 mark for now!
I like idea but pls make this map awesome!
Read that what I don't like and improve, then read this boring text above and if you like some ideas add them to game!

It is really hard with ya because you are ancient one, you know maybe all this but I must still write all about it so maybe some new users can check!

Map description:
Here check this one: Click and this one also: Click again

1/5 Vote for Rejection
Map Reported
+rep for awesome idea

Level 7
@DEMIGOD: Yes, I am the author of this map. If I was not I would have said so. No idea why the mini-map is gone; it must have been killed in optimization.

@-Kobas-: Thank you for your review. I think you are right that the game does leave more to be desired but what I add to it will not be the direction you purposed. Your ideas are not bad but a ton of games do those things already.

To address your criticisms directly:

1. The map description completely sucks and should be fixed. This I will get to work on for the next update.
2. I choose the models I did because I wanted to think out of the box and utilize creeps people will barely give the time of day. The matter is purely aesthetic.
3. Good suggestion. I will change this in the next update.
4. A little more color could help the game out.
5. I will look into adding one of these.
6. This was an idea I had considered but I had lost all data on. Next update I will add hints.
7. Different modes are not necessary. Only after I work out all of the kinks in core gameplay will I consider different modes.
8. If I make ai for this game it will not be very good and most players will not care for it. This is strictly a multiplayer game; sorry.