• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TDE v0.06

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Storyline:
Your world (Earth) has been trying to create a black hole within the Milky Way Galaxy, by colliding two planet at a enormus rate, and sucseeded. This black hole has caused a rip in time, back to a time of chaos, a time of anarchy. This is known as the first 1000 years of the universe's existance. During this time, there was life. Not necissarally biological, but more of a spiritual life. This life has no feelings, feels no pain, only knows death and destruction. These monsters seem to have found this portal on the planet of Dequarios (Sector 391, Quadrent A96761). Now as we know it, they can only be destroyed in their own timeline, or as the scientists have said, it could disrupt the space time continume if they enter the portal. Disrupting the space time continume may also cause a rip in the universe and end all existance. But on the other hand, destroying these creatures, could change all the future completely.

Mission:
You and your team must stop these horrific monsters from reaching the portal. Also, try to reseearch this life, find its weaknesses, and its strengths.
Personal Notes:
This is made by maddeem (me) and has no recources from any other sites inculding this site. Completely made by me. (I take pride in this :D)
Other:
Oh yeah terrain only looks bland in preview, try it ingame. (btw i cant post because im not a full member or w/e :(.)
What you do:
You are a marine with varrious skills, you rank up though killing monsters. You can use ranks to use abilitys and (coming soon) units. The game periodicly gets harder and harder, so you must use upgrades. I will be adding bosses later. Basically you defend a portal forever untill you leave or are overrun. The map is a working progress and help would be accepted :D.

Special Features:
The units varration change from size, color, model, and speed. Which makes every monster unique. You may also save your rank. (-save)
New updates:
I will now do post these updates: "I now have it so the monsters will attack you, and you may upgrade life, life regeneration, and armor. (note) many people told me to do it so i did. I will be adding bosses as soon as i can." I have completed this and redid some of the terrain, here is the results. I hope you enjoy it :D

Keywords:
Defence, Star Craft, Future, Tower Defence, Evolution, Survival.
Contents

TDE v0.06 (Map)

Reviews
23:42, 25th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected Comment
Level 3
well map terrain looks rather basic and plain.
Description tell us nothing about the units or hero's if there are even any. Buildings?
What kind of items are there? What do you do exactly? tower defense or hero defense or stand around and hope for better day defense. Improve description.

Level 5
"trying to create a black hole within the Milky Way Galaxy, by colliding two planet at a enormus rate"

either the planets are moving near the speed of light (which does not seam possible) or the black hole is about 1.5 cm in radius :/

Also, because the black hole is so small, it will not be black but will be white because it will be emitting so much radiation (killing anyone who tries to go into it (assuming you could get into it in the first place!))

but thats ok because you arent a physics geek like me :D

Level 2
Um, why would a black hole be emitting anything? >.> aren't they spots where density becomes infinite, creating a suction-like lil' "hole" where even light is dragged in a crushed to non-existence?

emitting so much radiation

yes. Unstable plutonium will fly away, ready to explode when even the light around it get's sucked in >.>

.... This is warcraft, get a life? :D if mad wants a black hole, a black hole it is.

Anyway, it's making nice progress mad. :] need any help, just leme' know.
~atk

Although, i do think you should rework your description xP

Level 5
Um, why would a black hole be emitting anything? >.> aren't they spots where density becomes infinite, creating a suction-like lil' "hole" where even light is dragged in a crushed to non-existence?

yes. Unstable plutonium will fly away, ready to explode when even the light around it get's sucked in >.>

.... This is warcraft, get a life? :D if mad wants a black hole, a black hole it is.

Anyway, it's making nice progress mad. :] need any help, just leme' know.
~atk

Although, i do think you should rework your description xP

WARNING COMPLEX PHYSICS INCOMMING

quantum mechanics predicts (and it has been proven that his happens) that virtual particle-antiparticle pairs are randomly created in space, and if they are near a black hole, the anti-particle will tend to be sucked in and the other will be released as radiation. the smaller the black hole, the shorter the distance the particles need to go to become real and cause radiation, so a smaller black hole causes larger radiation, causing them to lose mass over time.

this is what Stephen Hawking proved

WARNING EVEN MORE COMPLEX (and theoretical) PHYSICS INCOMMING

according to string theory any atempt to shrink bellow the Plank Length (10^-32 cm) is (through dualities) equal to something increasing in size to the Plank Length meening that nothing can shrink bellow it meaning that black holes are not a point with infanite density but have a finite density

:grin: go reserch string theory and (more often than not) the people who suppport it will agree with the claim

Level 2
=D that's epic. That makes me actually want to learn physics :3

Although, that doesn't change the fact that it's still warcraft.... i don't see you trolling about a huge green man running around an oddly square playing field, trying to cut sheep who can build things to get in the guy's way... >.> hmm?

"Raging toward the the dark anomaly, the monsters come in masses, expecting to easily reach the sanctity of their outer realm; You are left as the last, and only, line of defense."

vs

"Raging toward the the big shiny (circle-like) thing in the middle of the map, the monsters come in masses, expecting to easily reach the sanctity of their outer realm, you are left as the last, and only, line of defense."

... why not just go with black hole? :D

Level 5
read The Elegant universe and The Fabric of the Cosmos, both are by Brian Greene. great books for anyone who wants to learn physics and is not an expert

well yes, it is not physicly acurate, but it does not claim to be, does it?

you could say black hole (and should do so) allthought it would be very small (bright, and hazardous due to radiation) if it was a physicly acurate black hole

p.s. post 100 woot!

Level 22
Review by Ironside
----------------------

Positive features:

- Has a quest menu

Negative features:

- Bad terrain
- Green icons
- Far too hard
- Could use some sort of leaderboard / multiboard

Additional Information / Conclusion:

The game is very lacking at the moment, please update it once you improve it.

Rating: 1.5/5
Vote for:
Rejected