• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Talking portrait Add-On for Space Marine

Talking portrait model add-on for Terran Space Marine

Made by: Dan van Ohllus (aka Kuhneghetz)

Description:
Fed up with the Space Marine's lack of talking animations in his portrait screen? Well here's a talking portrait model for the unit, so he's able to actually talk instead of acting like if he's telepathic.

Model description:
This is a simple edit of the Villager Man portrait and part of the Space Marine's suit have been added to make the portrait fit better.

YOU MUST GIVE ME CREDITS IF YOU USE THESE MODELS IN YOUR MAP!!!

Feel free to edit this model for your projects as long as you credit me for the model you based it from.

Enjoy! ;)

You must apply this portrait model into this path to make it work with the ingame Space Marine:
Units\Critters\Marine\Marine_Portrait.mdx

Keywords:
portrait, add-on, add, on, space, marine, terran, starcraft, star, craft
Contents

Talking portrait Add-On for Space Marine (Model)

Reviews
21:57, 13th Apr 2010 DonDustin: very useful
Level 11
Very useful for those who actually like to have a story in their maps... No one is forcing you to use it.

Does the face use the Marine skin though? Because Marine skins are quite common, and if they use one, I'm sure they would want their portrait to use it too :D

Level 14
Great idea, Dan Van Ohllus. I thought there was a space marine portrait lizz-made, though. Well good job!

Level 16
@macready shut up and go away...
@DVO Don't listen to such "things" they don't know even how to start the model editor...

Yes, it's possible if you rename my portrait model to UrbanMarine_ByEpsilon_Portrait and give it the same path as his model.
The only noticeable difference would be the shoulderpads as the Urban Marine model uses the Space Orc texture along with the Marine texture applied there.

So I uploaded an edit my portrait model in this post that makes the shoulderpads look similar to Epsilon's model and renamed it to UrbanMarine_ByEpsilon_Portrait, so you can easily import it. Feel free to use it.

Attachments

• UrbanMarine_ByEpsilon_Portrait.mdx
    21.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Level 5
Yes, it's possible if you rename my portrait model to UrbanMarine_ByEpsilon_Portrait and give it the same path as his model.
The only noticeable difference would be the shoulderpads as the Urban Marine model uses the Space Orc texture along with the Marine texture applied there.

So I uploaded an edit my portrait model in this post that makes the shoulderpads look similar to Epsilon's model and renamed it to UrbanMarine_ByEpsilon_Portrait, so you can easily import it. Feel free to use it.

wow!! i have no words! thank you! i am really astonished! you are a very good person! thank you again!