• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Transmission Portrait Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
How do i make transmission portrait talk? I am trying to make a marine talk in the portrait.. or atleast make his mouth move..

Here is my trigger:
  • Transmission - Send transmission to (All players) from (Marine (Cinematic) [15.85, 26.03] with Flash (Do Not override portrait) playing Talk) playing No Sound Link with name "Marine1" and message "Hi there" using (Cinematic portrait (Center Left)) playing Talk (Set To 4.0 seconds, Don't Wait until it finishes)
For some reason, his mouth refuse to move.. what am i doing wrong?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Its something to do with the audio data, there is lip sync and stuff which accompanies them. I advise checking every part of the portrait data from actor, to sound and model for this. I definalty remember seing some form of configuration for sound - portrait movement.

For people who are running the game on lower settings, this does not mater as the fully animated unit portrait is only available to higher settings (or turn it on manually in the options, but it might reduce performance).

Level 9
@Grantclan
Yap it does.. except the lips.

@Dr Super Good
I'll give the actor another check. My settings are all on ultra. Thanks for the tips.

EDIT: Didn't manage to make their mouth move still..
EDIT2: On a side note "Create Portrait" when i ask the portrait to play animation, it doesn't seem to work.. (The helm is not covering her face):
  • Portrait - Create a portrait sized (237, 360), at position (0, 0) relative to Left of screen, and show model Portrait - Banshee (look from camera Default Portrait Camera and play its Morph Stand animation) (initially Visible) (Wait until loaded)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.