• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[10] End of Eternity [AoS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Where to download? http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/end-eternity-v-0-20-a-156449/

For those of you who are too lazy to click the link, I will post the description here:

Features:
-an "Element" system featuring 5 different types of elements, inspired by Element TD
-universal debuffs (similar but nowhere comparable to DoE)
-a total of 22 heroes, each with unique abilities [see Credits for more details about some of the abilities]
-over 55 custom items.
-some heroes have "Talents," similar to WoW, giving more possibilities of where to locate your resources
-a detailed background story [i have accumulated several short stories about the background of the AoS and its characters]
-the map, although changes to terrain and doodads and tileset was made, was originally made by Archael. All credits for the amazing eyegasm of terrain go to him.

Elements (like the Pokemon Chart):

WATER > FIRE > EARTH > LIGHT > DARK > WATER ... etc

I'm posting this under map development because I want more feedback (not enough people are commenting on the map) and because I would also like ideas for heroes.

You'll notice that same heroes have basic abilities. In the next update, i plan on adding more heroes and reworking some old heroes.

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Sample Hero: (Current Version of Map)
kael.gif

Blood Mage

Faction: Alliance
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Type: Caster
Elements: Fire & Earth

They say the smell is the strongest scent for the memory, but for Kael'thas, it was the scent of the death. Before him was an incarnation of death: Ulaire Otsea, once a friend of his. But now, twisted in his own avarice beyond recognition, he was naught but a servant of the Fallen. Around the two figures were the dead and the undead. Ulaire and the Bane had destroyed the High Elven City of Qual'thalas and responsible for the massacre of thousands of Elves. Kael'thas clapped his hands together, producing a wall of fire, but Ulaire seemed unharmed. Tears brimming on his eyes, he wanted nothing more to avenge his fallen brethren. For years to come, Ulaire would taunt him as a coward, but Kael'thas teleported away, only to meet the Bane again years later.

Abilities:

scorchedearth.gif

Fire Wall - Active - Fire
Creates a wall of fire that deals X damage to nearby enemy units. Lasts 8 seconds

decrepify.gif

Banish - Active - Earth
Phases a unit into the Void. Banished units move 50% slower and take 25% more damage from spells. Lasts X seconds

qwe-deafening-blast.gif

Deafen - Active - Earth
Creates a high-pitched noise in a target AoE. Enemy units in that AoE cannot attack for X seconds.

rupture.gif

Phoenix - Active - Fire
Summons a Phoenix with X hit points and that deals Y damage per attack. The Phoenix applies Burn to nearby enemy units in a 500 AoE for 4 seconds. When the Phoenix dies, it becomes an egg. If the egg hatches, the Phoenix will be reborn. The Phoenix loses 5% of its life per second.

Synergy:

scorchedearth.gif
+
decrepify.gif

Fire Wall + Banish
Targets can easily escape Fire Wall's damage (which deals quite a lot more than other spells because it can only deal damage assuming the target does not move). Banish slows the target by 50%, makes it more vulnerable to Fire Wall.

decrepify.gif
+
rupture.gif

Banish + Phoenix
The Phoenix Egg dies rather easily, but by Banishing it, you can protect it from enemy attacks. In addition, the Phoenix moves slower than most units. By Banishing an enemy hero, the Phoenix can then catch up to it.

decrepify.gif
+
qwe-deafening-blast.gif

Banish + Deafen
The Blood Mage can effectively incapacitate an enemy carry for the duration of both spells.

qwe-deafening-blast.gif
+
rupture.gif

Deafen + Phoenix
When enemy units go to attack the Phoenix Egg, simple Deafen them, so they can't and the Phoenix will be reborn.

Notes:
-Although the hero has two abilities straight from the original TFT, it synergizes quite well, which is why i like him.

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Any suggestions on how to improve gameplay, hero ideas, item ideas and so forth are greatly welcome. If anyone know how to post screenshots, a short explanation will allow me to do so

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.