• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1 building only trigger help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have tried for the last 3 days to make a trigger to make it so you can only build 1 type of building, but to no avail.I.E:i build a human barracks, i then build another human barracks, as soon as the second human barracks is finished, it explodes w/ a mssg saying "you can only build one human barracks" plz tell me the trigger............i also have another question, i tried to make a upgrade similear to berserk trolls upgrade, everything works, the already existing unit changes....the original icon disapears, and NOTHING appears in its place, help plz

Level 6
ok

If you know how to use variables, this should work.
1. Create a Integer Variable and name it w.e
2. Set the event to something like ordered to construct a building or building is constructed or w/e
3. Set the action to: If/then/else
a.Set the condition of if to: Varible is less than 2=True
b. Action: Set Variable=Varaible+1
c. If not: Order unit to stop or something like that.

I just came up with it quickly, so I'm not sure if it will work. Theoratically it should. Good Luck
-Blue

Level 3
can someone answer my question about the berserker troll upgrade? THe upgrade is called fierceness, it upgrades dogs into fierce dogs thnx to more brutal training, when the upgrade is used, it sets off the fierceness upgrade ability, transforming all dogs owned by that player to turn into fierce dogs, however, in the building that trains them, the dog training icon disapears, and the train fierce dog does not appear toi take its place.

Level 8
Do your research.

Take a close look at the upgrades that a Troll Headhunter uses and what those upgrades do, and then take a close look at the units trained by the Barracks, and the upgrades that a Barracks uses.

Alternatively, the same can be said of Steam Tanks and the Workshop.

Here are the steps to get this to work, for the dogs that is...

Make an upgrade, copied from berserk, call it fierceness, change the units from Headhunter -> Berserker and make it Normal Dog -> Fierce Dog

Make the Fierce Dog have a requirement of the Fierceness upgrade.

Make the Kennel or whatever be able to hire Fierce Dogs and the Normal ones.

When researched it should replace the Normal with the Fierce if you set the upgrade correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.