• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

building bases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I got a starcraft barracks that i've made 3 times as large as the original and i need to make the base bigger. right now units can run threw it and buildings can be made that overlay it. I tried messing with the pathing map but I can't find anything large enough and there is no custom size larger then 4x6. I'm having this problem with the factory and any other buildings im enlarging. Any help will be appreciated.

thanks

Level 13
Lol, not model, but path texture.

You have to make the texture for your pathing. (in this case image dimensions don't have to be a power of 2).

Create an image in dimensions AxB (for example 6x6 if you want your pathing to be 6x6).
Now you have to color every pixel of image with color representing specific pathing:

light purple - RGB(255,0,255) (unbuildable, unpathable, flyable).
black - RBG(0,0,0) (default)
white - RGB(255,255,255) (unbuildable, unpathable, unflyable)
blue - RGB(0,0,255) (unbuildable, pathable, flyable)

You want a path for a building, so you will be interested in light purple (RGB(255,0,255)).

Color every pixel with this color. If you want to have some fields pathable, leave them black (RGB(0,0,0)). 1 pixel = 1/4 of medium grid.

You can also make the blue frame to give your building waygate.

Save your image as TGA bitmap, import into map, and set as path texture for your factory (path doesn't matter).

If I missed something or you didn't understand something let me know. :wink:

Examples:
4x4unflyable2qg.gif

Unflyable 4x4

cityarch453yj.gif

City Arch

Level 1
this may be a huge noob question but

what do i make the image with and how

if i'm a total idiot go ahead and tell me

i haven't been getting much sleep due to my archy studio final project so i'm a little out of it

Status
Not open for further replies.