• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.32.7 PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
My thoughts exactly. They don't want to kick the beehive so to speak. A bold new patch that breaks many things will cause even more turmoil. Slow motion is better than no motion.

One other thing to consider, is that they may be working on big features that aren't finished yet. This patch might have a lot of ground work for a future patch, or maybe they spent half this last month trying solutions for custom campaigns. Of course, this is likely just optimism. This game has been out for about 8 months now, it really shouldn't take this long.

I'm sorry that whiny posts have upset you enough to make one of your own. Thank you for your contribution to this conversation.

@Hazop Read this if you don't understand why Blizzard putting out a half-assed patch doesn't cut it.
As explained previously I was just venting frustrations, you're acting like I think Blizzard is perfect and nothing bad happened. Obviously there are issues with reforged not saying there arnt. If ye read my reply you'd realize what I meant

Level 11
Pro Tournament:
Had to turn to "Classic" mode because Reforged kept crashing...
Pro players:
Playing in "Classic" mode because Reforged is unplayable
Blizzard:
Let's update these footprints and music loops...

tenor.gif

Level 14
Local files are broken, registry folder/keys for Warcraft III are missing, now i have no way to restore original dubbing for my version of Wc3. Stop breaking things we had and start fixing and restoring everything....or better go back to 1.31.1 and retrofit it with all actual improvements(which are quite few in RF - namely renderer, format support for newer MDX and couple other minor things like inviting friends to games directly) and call it 1.33. Relegate RF to side "early access" build and work towards adding in HD mode as just a setting in classic wc3. That way we will have fully featured wc3, and you could focus on actual problems like desyncs to be sorted out

Level 7
Without putting back all the features they stripped from the game before release (that is, features Classic had but Reforged doesn't), there's literally no reason to buy this. It's a downgrade.

Level 20
As explained previously I was just venting frustrations, you're acting like I think Blizzard is perfect and nothing bad happened. Obviously there are issues with reforged not saying there arnt. If ye read my reply you'd realize what I meant
And people who voiced their disapproval or memed on this patch were venting their frustrations as well.

Context matters. Nobody is saying that this is a bad patch, because it isn't. If Reforged didn't launch as an incomplete, broken and severely underwhelming product then a patch like this would have been fine, because let's be real here - yes, the patch is super tiny, but bug fixes are always welcome. The thing is that we're almost half a year in and while Reforged is a bit better, it's still a seriously flawed and incomplete version of Warcraft 3. In that context, releasing a patch like this one just feels bad.

And that's really what people are upset about - it's not that this patch is bad, it's that it's not as significant step in the right direction as people would want.

Level 13
Context matters. Nobody is saying that this is a bad patch, because it isn't. If Reforged didn't launch as an incomplete, broken and severely underwhelming product then a patch like this would have been fine, because let's be real here - yes, the patch is super tiny, but bug fixes are always welcome. The thing is that we're almost half a year in and while Reforged is a bit better, it's still a seriously flawed and incomplete version of Warcraft 3. In that context, releasing a patch like this one just feels bad.
Well, yes, but......In a month and a half, don't you think they could've managed to fix just a little more bugs. Wouldn't say that seven bugs fixed after a month+ is a good thing really, now that I think about it. Other companies put this kind of bug fixing patches in a few hours, let alone days. And it's not like Activision-Blizzard is the most powerful gaming company in the World, to make matters worse.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
This proves that doing nothing is better than doing something.
The disappointment of a small patch seem to be greater than the lack of patches.

There have been quite a few of these sub-patches now and people act like another one is surprising.
Take a hint.

It's also extra fun when clueless people complain like they know anything. You don't know how big the team is, you don't know how the project structure is, you most likely don't even know the basics of how to code a game at all. Not to mention the whole cross-play issue which most likely is limiting.

I don't know either, because we can't unless you are apart of the team. But being like "REEEEEEEEEEEEE according to my baseless expectations this does not live up to my standards"
It's kinda like how people who watch sports on the sofa are criticizing the professional athletes while not even being capable of playing in the local B team themselves, like they would know any better..

Refund>downgrade>shut up
Congratulations you no longer need to care about any more disappointing patches.

Last edited:
Level 13
Refund>downgrade>shut up
Congratulations you no longer need to care about any more disappointing patches.
Guess what? You do "need" to care about any more disappointing patches.

Because of their release policy, your official game has been "upgraded" to Reforged no matter what. Even if you Refunded(like I did months ago), you're official game still lacks Custom Campaigns, and has an extremely laggy main menu, and takes like 5 mins to start, and.......

I know you can get pirated version of the older patches, but they can't be as good as the official game was in January (and that's January, only half a year ago!) And installing a pirated version of the game you legaly owned for two decades isn't the point, is it?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
It's also extra fun when clueless people complain like they know anything. You don't know how big the team is, you don't know how the project structure is, you most likely don't even know the basics of how to code a game at all. Not to mention the whole cross-play issue which most likely is limiting.
We're not attacking the team. The fault is with the company totalitarians.

Even if you Refunded(like I did months ago)

Why is it you mention that you've refunded the game in every post you make lol?

On the main issue, I do think that making attacks on the developer's themselves is not helpful or constructive towards getting the game where we want it. There was someone who claims to work for Blizzard on the Hive discord and when asked why he hadn't communicated with us before he said it was because of the sheer amount of vitriol and hate being thrown out by some people, which is understandable.

some=/=all/most or do those some mean more?

I mean, obviously not everyone is throwing hate at the Blizz devs but, just look at the Reforged forums and even these forums and just look at the sheer amount of negative and awful things some people are saying directed towards the Reforged developers.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I mean, obviously not everyone is throwing hate at the Blizz devs but, just look at the Reforged forums and even these forums and just look at the sheer amount of negative and awful things some people are saying directed towards the Reforged developers.
That's nothing new. This especially happens in politics.
They should not cry over it and show resilience.

That's nothing new. This especially happens in politics.
They should not cry over it and show resilience.

This isn't politics lol, and I didn't say they're crying. All I'm saying is we can't demand more communication and then bite their hand off every time they post anything or reach out in any minor way. If it was me I wouldn't bother engaging with this community if I was a developer cos I just know people would grab the pitchforks and offer nothing of value.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
All I'm saying is we can't demand more communication and then bite their hand off every time they post anything or reach out in any minor way. If it was me I wouldn't bother engaging with this community if I was a developer cos I just know people would grab the pitchforks and offer nothing of value.
Depends what they're after. If they are hungry for fan feedback, then they should post even the slightest unimportance. If they just want to make the game better and it takes times because reasons, they could just write something vague from time to time to keep the community notified they're still working on the game but they don't have anything big to show.

It is over. i think classic team should deal with 2 dimensional games only. 3rd dimension is too complex for them.

Or just someone from clssic team raise their voice and ask boostiing the team.

Or just bring totaly new devs for a new brand game,steal sc2-hots engine and adjust it and make it even more modern, rmk whole campaigns,rmk ladders and port all features,make we extremply simple to use with friendly interface.

Remake whole art too. When you finishe it, sell us skins, and maintain the game like everyone does. And in some future maybe bring us new expansions.

Let it come with open world possibilitys with rts camera and fog of war, besides default ladder,campaign, and customs.

Make some popular custom map like Moba,and let it be your brand inside this new game.

Dont tell me about lore, because you already manipulated it into wow. We can now reverse engeneer your mistakes.

Because according to the manipulated lore,everything until BFA is just a Third War.

Lore is a story.A movie.It can be adjusted.

We will need base models like world of warcraft and dressing room with armor sets.

Invest alot money in the game with huge team and proper organisation.

Organisation made a civilisation, and it came from power. You got a power blizzard.

From new warcraft 3 with adding new expansions you can make in some future so called "warcraft 4". Which would still be third war as i explained.

Anyways...The speed progress of the game would never reach current wow expansion. So no need to wait WoW ends and such a nonense stuff someone is using as argument.

Just give us modern engine. Build warcraft 3 on it,you will have a true solid base for any future plans.

Advice > Can you please build engine and then deal with art , so the disaster like reforged never happens again.

Invest and take care of your games. End of the story.

Last edited:
It is over. i think classic team should deal with 2 dimensional games only. 3rd dimension is too complex for them.

Or just someone from clssic team raise their voice and ask boostiing the team.

Or just bring totaly new devs for a new brand game,steal sc2-hots engine and adjust it and make it even more modern, rmk whole campaigns,rmk ladders and port all features,make we extremply simple to use with friendly interface.

Remake whole art too. When you finishe it, sell us skins, and maintain the game like everyone does. And in some future maybe bring us new expansions.

Let it come with open world possibilitys with rts camera and fog of war, besides default ladder,campaign, and customs.

Make some popular custom map like Moba,and let it be your brand inside this new game. Because according to the lore,everything until BFA is just a Third War.

Dont tell me about lore, because you already manipulated it into wow. We can now reverse engeneer your mistakes.

Lore is a story.A movie.It can be adjusted.

We will need base models like world of warcraft and dressing room with armor sets.

Invest alot money in the game with huge team and proper organisation.

Organisation made a civilisation, and it came from power. You got a power blizzard.

Invest and take care of your games. End of the story.

I believe the chance of that happening could be rounded down to 0%.

Push 1,3 milion in it and it will come true,and get payed off by multiply times in future. Constant cash flow . Make Warcraft 3 for start,make a good system. For future you can add WoW rts with open world with fog of war and all features that wc3 had..

Base models,Dressing room. Races. Artifacts. Items. Skins. A wow cash flow with different camera view.

Just push money into it, and everything will be possible.

Push 1,3 milion in it and it will come true,and get payed off by multiply times in future. Constant cash flow . Make Warcraft 3 for start,make a good system. For future you can add WoW rts with open world with fog of war and all features that wc3 had..

Base models,Dressing room. Races. Artifacts. Items. Skins. A wow cash flow with different camera view.

Just push money into it, and everything will be possible.

1.3 mill seems like a really random number to pull out. Also I think you're massively under-estimating how well an RTS would sell even if i was done well. Also what's WoW RTS? I'm not really sure would kind of a game you're talking about here.

0th degree always equal to 1
except for the case when it's zero-based
but since you divided by zero you've got any possible number existing
sooo it's 1 for most of the cases

you're really optimistic here

Your first part is correct but we don't know what this equals. We could work it out but it would probably require limits testing.

There is no nothing, because we humans understand nothing in this sea of everything.

But what when nothing becomes everything to you on spiritual plane..You becomes nichilist,and after quite some time you start understanding everything . When you finaly understand, nothing is deleted and everything replace everything .

Afterall , eventually you become a high conciseness Reforged being.

There is no nothing, because we humans understand nothing in this sea of everything.

But what when nothing becomes everything to you on spiritual plane..You becomes nichilist,and after quite some time you start understanding everything . When you finaly understand, nothing is deleted and everything replace everything .

Afterall , eventually you become a high conciseness Reforged being.

I'm not really sure what this has to do with anything tbh.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Indeed nothing is a philosophical concept which defines not understanding.
Look at the sky, we see nothing between the stars. But in reality there is something between them.
Look at the light, we see nothing but a ray but in truth it is made of photon particles.
To be a nihilist, you first have to start from something to give it no value. If there's nothing, then there's nothing to give no value to, thus without something, nihilism doesn't exist.

Indeed nothing is a philosophical concept which defines not understanding.
Look at the sky, we see nothing between the stars. But in reality there is something between them.
Look at the light, we see nothing but a ray but in truth it is made of photon particles.

To be a nihilist, you first have to start from something to give it no value. If there's nothing, then there's nothing to give no value to, thus without something, nihilism doesn't exist.

Great examination man. I like it. Cause mine was just a trolling play of words :)

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
I'm still waiting for Classic and Reforged campaign story toggle

Because according to the manipulated lore,everything until BFA is just a Third War.

to be fair the ending of MoP didn't stop the war it was just the first armistice so the Fourth War still starts at Varian's declaration of war at the Undercity and it still hasn't ended yet because

Talanji, Rokhan, and Geya'rah are all still hungry for blood

but yeah I wish there's a WoW: Restart where you start back from the top with all retcons removed

Status
Not open for further replies.