• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(1-3) Starcraft Marine Assault V2 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Starcraft Marine Assault V2 !

hi :)

Here is the last version of Starcraft Marine Assault ( version 2 BETA ).
RPG-melee map : you can play a hero in the starcraft universe and you must defend a colony and counter attack on zergs' bases and against zergs' boss.
RPG because you start with only your heroe, nothing can be done without the heroe and spell and items are necessary to complete the mission. Melee because you can have many units, earn money by a small ressource system, attack enemys bases but don't have any troop production.

You can play it alone or with 1 or 2 friends. The difficulty increases with players' number and decreases if a player leave.
This version is very different and a lot of things were improved :

- The gameplay : the last one was too slow and a little boring and as someone told me the map was going no where. In this version, you will be always under pressure, there is no survival part but you can't have a rest.
- The english : improved and corrected by 2 guys.
- The quest : the quests are easier because of the gameplay, each quest are very differents and the player can't be blocked. 7 small quests was added to constitute the learning part.
- The scenario : i include a small scenario, now you are the heroe who will show the way to eradicate zerg from the planet.
- The heroes : tooltips improved. Eradicator has provocation ability instead of blue capsule. Engineer can create horde of antalisk. Medic got a drone which is attacking automatically.
- The units : Medic more efficient, Tank can move and morph, Backup can bring small army..
- Level design : Base is smaller with no allied troops, i added zerg creep terrain art; Zergs' bases are looking really zergy ^^; the ways are faster and more pleasants..

I didn't test the map in multiplayer, only the balance can be a problem, the solo part is fine.

Playable on B.net : 3.5mo ^^

WC3ScrnShot_042908_124359_01.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_042908_130119_02.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_043008_102335_02.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_043008_183419_01.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_050308_145325_01.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_050308_145630_02.jpg

Attachments

• SA Marine assaultv201aBETA.w3x
    3.4 MB · Views: 395
Last edited:
Level 9
Okay i played this, and on the mission where you're supposed to get the spare part and twist the valves, i got the part, walked to refinery and part went in, then i opened the valves and after that nothing appeared to happen.

First time i heard this. Were the 3 flames disappeared ? Please if you are blocked, save and send the saving file.

But Acathla project is now dead?

What do you means ? This is a map beta testing ..

Level 6
I played the map in single player and it really is easier than the first Marine Assault.
It got really hard when I had to destroy the Zerg base, because suddenly the Zerg attacked the Terran base with Ultralisks.

I'll try to convince my little brother to play the map with me, so I can clear that quest too.

Level 9
Yes, it's easier and more fun :)
To destroy the zerg base, start by create defense in your colony. By defending, you will earn more money. With money buy backup with tank, defend your colony and attack zergs' base is a piece of cake with tanks ;)

In multiplayer, i hope that you won't encounter bugs, i have to debug a little bit this part.

Level 11
I think i found the problem, when you shoot it instead of going right next to it, sometimes the valve doesn't re-appear and makes it impossible to keep going, i'll upload a replay to kind of show you what i did wrong. And also, the gold coin reward was bugged i think, it was on my team, i killed it, it goes to zerg, and then back to allies when you kill it, this method can be repeated infinitely, does not do anything but still a bug. Any other things will be in the replay:

Occurs about 7mins in and then the gold thing 30 secs later

will keep posting as i test more

Edit: Sometimes when you jump as eradicator, you fly up into the air and get stuck there (you can move around in mid air) and can't get down until you use jump again.

Attachments

• Bugs.w3g
    89.2 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Level 9
Thank you very much for the test and the report. :)

I think i found the problem, when you shoot it instead of going right next to it, sometimes the valve doesn't re-appear and makes it impossible to keep going, i'll upload a replay to kind of show you what i did wrong.

I'll watch the replay. The valves closing are checked when you come close the valves. ( necessary because Chief and Medic can't attack it ) To fix any problem or misunderstanding, i made the valves invulnerable.

And also, the gold coin reward was bugged i think, it was on my team, i killed it, it goes to zerg, and then back to allies when you kill it, this method can be repeated infinitely, does not do anything but still a bug. Any other things will be in the replay:

Occurs about 7mins in and then the gold thing 30 secs later

It's not a bug. Players win money until the Refinery reward ( the coin ) is allied. If Zergs attack it, they steal the reward. You have to attack it to take it back. So the player have to defend the refinery to continue to win money.

I think i'll display a message to explain that if the coin is attacked ;)

Edit: Sometimes when you jump as eradicator, you fly up into the air and get stuck there (you can move around in mid air) and can't get down until you use jump again.

Yes, i know :/ I have to use newgen pack and vjass to recode it.

Thank you, i'm fixing this ;)

Level 9
Hi :)

Here is the new version 2.01a. No very big modifications, but a lot of things improved, minor bugs corrected.
Mains modifications:
- all quest are linked, you must go to meet the captain to complete missions and obtain the new ones.
- Security in the quest "Assault", no bugs that block the game.
- Tutorial missions have their names displayed
- Sarkoling doesn't visually teleport anymore, but burrow and unburrow with troops.
- Infos quest to understand the Zerg canals.
- No bug on the rescuable units by others players.
- No more counter attack from zergs bases if your men are not attacking.
... and more ^^

Play it alone and discover it before playing online :)

DOWNLOAD MARINE ASSAULT 2.01a BETA

Level 5
I like this map alot. Definately a SC feel to it.

By the way, I went to your site and tried to download the Mission Pack you had in your downloads area, but it didn't work. Is there a way I could get it somehow somewhere else?

Level 3
i hosted this on bnet a few times and once i was doing airport mission and it bugged, i killed all the scourges but the mission did not update or anything

Level 3
You know what would make for a pretty good starcraft online map. Leading a squad of marines through a zerg infected ship hulk to clean up. Its a pretty interesting concept.

Mabey you could do something with it?

Level 3
I wanted to ask how to win the captured rafinery mission.. We killed the big sapro... zergling boss, destroyed all tunnels (all in the water and one hidden near rafinery) found the extraction point situated under the rafinery did few collections with cargo ship..but still it wasnt completed. Meanwhile we found the 2nd Marero or whats the name base with eradicators JUMP. he gave first mission- the bridge I put C4 on the designed place, but after countdown of C4 ended it just disappeared and bridge stayed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.