• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] 1.24 ruined my map.. now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Okay, here's the short story.
7 years ago, I released the first version of my map, which I updated over the course of 2 years. It had become a pretty popular map back then (2004). All the triggers were done in GUI.
I let the project rest for a year, when I got someone's offer to upgrade my map from GUI to JASS. That person first started converting my GUI code (thousands of lines) to optimized JASS. During that time, I optimized everything else in the map, created new stuff, designed new systems (which the coder would then implement) etc.
Then that coder bailed out. I don't know enough JASS to write it myself, I can only read it all and modify simple functions.
Since then, several people have tried to help me finish the map. Some were unsuccesful (not good enough), others were much better and got me close to a finished product last month (thanks Deaod!).

Now, however, my map uses Vexorian's caster system (older version), using CSCache...
I've lost contact with my coder (hasn't responded in a while), and I want the map to work!

It was at 99% finished and then patch 1.24 happened... what do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.