• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

🛠 Ralle's Development Updates 🛠

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Changes: (Oh boy, I am busy lately with non-Hive stuff. It's been over a month since my last update)

• Automatically fall back to non-JS download when people block JS (Thanks @Selaya).
  • Fix bug in rendering of high-res node icons on project pages.
  • Add small icons to account drop down (Thanks @Archian).
  • Update XenForo.
  • Fix bug where hosted projects link to non-existent forum when forum is a link.

Last edited:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Changes:

• Alter link of thread resources on post profile to link to member resource page using anchor links instead of a bad search link (Thanks @Eikonium, Source).
  • Alter [trigger] to use native colors to the current theme. From this day on this tag will not blind people (Thanks @Cheshire, Source).

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
This is the result of the first full day of work thanks to our Hive Heroes.

Changes:

• Add 'search description' to resource repositories.
  • Add relevance search to resource repositories.
  • Fix trigger viewer JASS/Lua code overflow. (Thanks @MyPad)
  • Update model viewer. (Thanks @GhostWolf)
  • Add download of single resources.
  • Investigate nested trigger categories not rendering.
  • Investigate if melee maps are properly displayed as melee.

❤️ Thanks to all our heroes for this workday: ❤️
@Bernkastel, @Bribe, @Daemonic_Sword, @Daliox1, @Eikonium, @Footman16, @Gismo359, @Goffterdom, @Gyrosphinx, @JCarrill0, @Kam, @Kick King, @King I Rat, @Lich Prince, @MindWorX, @Nihilism_Is_Death, @rangger16, @Regeneration, @Retera, @ScrewTheTrees, @Tarrasque, @Tauer, @Thepriest1750, @ThompZon, @Vishu Tyagi, @Xthreo

Ralle

Owner
Level 77

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Today marks my second "Full workday on HIVE" completed. The list of completed tasks isn't as long as last month. But the tasks are for the most part bigger.

Changes:
  • Add collaboration support to pastebin (Thanks @SpasMaster).
  • Fix broken bundle draft, now storing description and tags (Thanks @Verdun).
  • Work on secret theme (Thanks @Archian).

I started and finished pastebin collaboration support today. It isn't as cool as Google Docs, but it allows you to add collaborators. They will see the pastebin entry in their own pastebin and have the ability to edit. I have made certain measures to prevent multiple people from editing the same pastebin entry at once so no data gets lost. I am sure this will be helpful to many of you :).

@Archian and I are working on a new theme and got really far today. Working during the day instead of at night was far more productive. We both had more energy and better ideas. If everything goes according to plan we might release it on wednesday. No promises though :).

❤️ Thanks to all our heroes for this workday: ❤️
@Bernkastel, @Bribe, @Daemonic_Sword, @Daliox1, @Eikonium, @Footman16, @Gismo359, @Goffterdom, @Gyrosphinx, @Kam, @Kick King, @King I Rat, @Lich Prince, @Med. MapGuy, @MindWorX, @Nihilism_Is_Death, @rangger16, @Regeneration, @Retera, @ScrewTheTrees, @Skopetski, @Tarrasque, @Tauer, @Thepriest1750, @ThompZon, @Vishu Tyagi, @Xthreo

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Good progress today, but I bit off more than I could chew. I feel insufficient by not providing a list of 5-8 things I have done.

I decided to approach a task I have been suggested a few times. To expand the resource section's "View resources in use" and "View usage" to allow arbitrary uploads of a file to view its usage in maps or upload a map and view the resources in use for it. Without submitting the file to the resource section.

It took longer than expected and I am not done. I will see if I can progress on it over the coming weeks so I can approach something new on next month's full workday :).

I hope to work a bit more on it tonight when things quieten down here but I doubt I will finish it.

❤️ Thanks all heroes for your contributions in justifying this work: ❤️
@Achille, @Bernkastel, @BlakeAVENGER, @Bribe, @CroMoX, @Daemonic_Sword, @Daliox1, @Eikonium, @Footman16, @Gismo359, @Goffterdom, @Gyrosphinx, @Kam, @Kick King, @King I Rat, @Lich Prince, @Med. MapGuy, @MindWorX, @mori, @Nihilism_Is_Death, @rangger16, @Regeneration, @Retera, @ScrewTheTrees, @Skopetski, @Tarrasque, @Tauer, @Thepriest1750, @ThompZon, @Xthreo

Ralle

Owner
Level 77

I have worked half a day on the site Friday and done the same today. Schedule is tight these days but I want to respect the "one full day per month" promise I have given. It's great to dedicate real time to working on the site as I enjoy the work.

I have finished the Asset scanner. A tool where you can upload a map and see which assets it is using as well as uploading an asset (model, texture) and see which maps use it. It re-uses a lot of the code of the "View resources in use" and "View usage" from the resource system. The difference is that the uploads you make to the asset scanner are only stored temporarily and will not be accessible to other users.
I have also expanded this feature with a "text version" mode that allows you to generate a quick credits list. The credits list will not necessarily contain all assets used in your map but most and is a great start to show appreciation for the creators of the assets you use (Thanks @Frotty).

I have also created the Icon borderiser. You upload a PNG which is then modified to various button versions: regular command button, passive buttons, auto cast, upgrade, attack type, score screen. If you upload a 64x64 it will be a Classic icon and if you upload 256x256 it will be a Reforged icon. The result is a nicely looking pastebin entry you can share around (Thanks @Mayday).
Something I have yet to do is to make a drop-down allowing you to select which border you want to add. I would very much like someone to reach out and help me create the preset borders. Preferably with versions that work both with SD and HD but we can talk about that.

I also removed unnecessary space taken by border on undead theme (Thanks @Mayday).

@Achille, @Bernkastel, @BlakeAVENGER, @Bribe, @CroMoX, @Daemonic_Sword, @Daliox1, @Eikonium, @Falasae, @Footman16, @Gismo359, @Goffterdom, @Gyrosphinx, @Kam, @Kick King, @King I Rat, @Lich Prince, @Med. MapGuy, @MindWorX, @mori, @NiGlOo-ShOoTeR, @Nihilism_Is_Death, @rangger16, @Ravenwood Skye, @Regeneration, @Retera, @Sclammerz, @ScrewTheTrees, @Skopetski, @Tarrasque, @Tauer, @ThompZon, @tulee, @Xthreo

Your contribution is making a difference on many levels. I have always maintained the site and been happy with that as is. Some days being a site owner is not fun work and I have to make hard decisions. Some times in my life I just have not had time to run the site.
By giving me a financial incentive on top of the satisfaction of running the site, leaves it in quite a solid and important place in my life. The existence of the site is justified in many ways and that is good. Thank you.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hey guys,

Today I have been doing most of my full day of hive (a sick kid got in the way of doing the full time). I promise to make up for lost hours.

Anyway. I started my day with a long list of small things that needed fixing. Many of them boring, but things that make the site healthy and stay healthy.

I then went on to more important matters. The latest version of Reforged came with its own version of the MDX (model) file format which broke earlier versions. I applied a fix as suggested by members credited below and Hive now supports MDX v1100.

Another problem I addressed was that bundle statistics don't show the users configured timezone. It would always show as UTC. Now it shows as the proper timezone of the user.

I then proceeded to work on a promised "customize menu" page that allows everyone to have their own custom top menu. Since before we launched, I imagined a dedicated model moderator wanting Models out of the "Resources" category to make it more easily accessible or for someone to remove the small social buttons and "Support" button. All of this will be possible when I am done. You can remove all our promotional / self supporting buttons and add the things you want instead.

Here is what I managed to change today. The rest of my time will be spent on "customize menu" which is a bigger feature that will take some time to get right (and smooth).

Changes:
  • Remove unnecessary black from icon borderiser ATT and UPG icon types (Thanks @Mayday).
  • Update to XenForo 2.2.10 Patch 1.
  • Update PHP and Nginx to latest supported versions.
  • Fix missing social icons and remove extra menu icon.
  • Fix incorrect line break mode for Resources tags (Thanks @Luashine, Source).
  • Update Discord integration add-on.
  • Allow upload of Reforged v1100 model files (Thanks @Vendro the Wind Mage and @BogdanW3, Source).
  • Fix bug where bundle view/download statistics are not displayed in time zone of the user (Thanks @stan0033, Source).
  • Fix bug where various temporary records where not cleaned up.
  • Add missing phrase for asset scanner.
  • Start work on "Customize menu" that allows you to have a personalised menu instead of the default one.
@Achille, @Bernkastel, @BlakeAVENGER, @Bribe, @Daemonic_Sword, @Daliox1, @Eikonium, @Falasae, @Footman16, @Gismo359, @Goffterdom, @Gyrosphinx, @Harynar, @Kam, @Kick King, @King I Rat, @Lich Prince, @Maynard, @MindWorX, @mori, @NiGlOo-ShOoTeR, @Nihilism_Is_Death, @rangger16, @Ravenwood Skye, @ScrewTheTrees, @Skopetski, @Tarrasque, @Tauer, @ThompZon, @tulee, @Vendro the Wind Mage, @Xthreo

Thanks to those of you who have stuck with us for months. Thanks to those of you just starting out. I am glad for the support and I am happy to be justifying working more on hive despite my busy schedule. Thank you ❤️

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hey guys,

Today I completed the second half of my full day of development on HIVE. I am still very busy in life and had to cut the full day into two half days. Though to be honest two half days (early in the day) are better than a single full day. I at least feel more productive earlier.

I started Friday by putting the final touches on our new "Customize Menu" function, that @Archian and I have been working on since we released the new version of the menu. This gives you full control of which menu buttons you want to appear in your version of the menu. If you dislike the drop downs, you can avoid them. If you want everything to appear as tiny icons all the way across, you're welcome to that. If you want to remove the "Support" menu and the social media buttons, you can. That's totally up to you.

I have improved page load performance on bundle pages with many resources (Thanks @FlameofChange (for creating a bundle with so many resources), Source ). Load time went from ~5 minutes to <5 seconds. I'm pretty pleased with that.

I then started work on a feature that people have been asking for more and more since Reforged came out and since Blizzard starting having really shaky releases. You can now filter maps by the version of World Editor used to create the map, most often the best version to also play the map. A new filter option called "Game version" is added to the maps section, also showing the number of maps with that version (updated every 24 hours).

❤️ Thanks all heroes for your contributions in justifying me spending the time that I would otherwise be billing clients / spending with family: ❤️
@Achille, @Bernkastel, @Daemonic_Sword, @Daliox1, @Eikonium, @Falasae, @Footman16, @Gismo359, @Goffterdom, @Gyrosphinx, @Harynar, @Kam, @Kick King, @King I Rat, @Lich Prince, @Maynard, @Med. MapGuy, @MindWorX, @NiGlOo-ShOoTeR, @rangger16, @Ravenwood Skye, @ScrewTheTrees, @Tauer, @ThompZon, @tulee, @Vendro the Wind Mage, @Xthreo

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Changes:

• Replace "Upgrade Account" banner with a text link of a highlighted color. On mobile the "Account" part is hidden to give more space for the rest of the header.
  • Add throttling of bundle update notifications (Thanks @Deolrin).
  • Improve "Current visitors" page by displaying "Viewing pastebin", "Viewing repository Maps", etc. Hopefully fixing the dreaded "It's saying I am looking at the wrong page" problem (Thanks @BogdanW3).

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hey guys,

This weekend I worked a full day on HIVE. I got to the bottom of many errors that have been nagging me for months. That felt good. A lot on this list is probably a boring read, but important none the less. It's also no secret that I am partial to taking the low hanging fruit to make this list longer. Bigger features take more than a single day to complete and I'd hate to leave a log here saying "Today I worked on X" and not releasing any actual updates.

• Require a post to exist before allowing users to rate, also delete rating if user post is deleted and batch remove ratings not tied to a post (Thanks @General Frank and @Shido).
  • Prevent forever download page if an error occurs in zip generation and return an error instead (Thanks @Explobomb).
  • Fix bug where you could delete the map file from a map resource leaving it in an unexpected state (Thanks @Explobomb).
  • Fix icon borderiser for non-TrueColor images (Thanks @Daffa, Source).
  • Send alert when bundle receives rating.
  • Make "Post resource" visible to guests (but still require login).
  • Fix design of repository latest post in node list (Thanks @deepstrasz, Source)
  • Add resource dropdown to member tooltips (Thanks @deepstrasz, Source)
  • Fix bug where lower exp for child nodes would be overridden by parent nodes. E.g. icons section was supposed to give +10 EXP per icon and +1 EXP for ported icons.
  • Keep file hash, filename, file size and date of old resource file versions for asset scanner to detect usage of old versions in maps (Work in progress, Thanks @Misha).

❤️ From the bottom of my heart, thanks all heroes for your contributions. You guys rock ❤️
@Achille, @Bribe, @Daemonic_Sword, @Daliox1, @Eikonium, @Falasae, @Footman16, @Gismo359, @Goffterdom, @Gyrosphinx, @Harynar, @Kam, @Kick King, @King I Rat, @Lich Prince, @Maynard, @Med. MapGuy, @MindWorX, @NiGlOo-ShOoTeR, @Nihilism_Is_Death, @rangger16, @Ravenwood Skye, @Retera, @Skopetski, @Tauer, @ThompZon, @tulee, @Xthreo, @╇`邪魔ご大肥猫(大猫)

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hey guys,

This month's development day is over and here is my report of what I managed to do:

• Update to XenForo 2.2.12.
  • Add rich authors to bundle edit (Source).
  • Make asset scanner display resource matches with older version of resource (Thanks @Misha).

I updated our forum system XenForo. This is boring, but also step 1 of proper forum maintenance.

I sprinted to complete this within a day. It doesn't seem like much, but there are many small pieces to it. The author system has a new field "Role" so you can specify each author's role in the project. You can also re-arrange the authors now with a simple drag and drop.
authors.gif

I also managed to update the asset scanner to now show if a map is using an old version of a file from a resource. Last month I made it so when you update a file in a resource, it saves a hash of the old version. Currently it does not say "This is is an old version" but it shows the result. I would like to put more emphasis on the versioning later though. But you should be able to update a model and still see a particular map showing up as using it now.

❤️ This is possibly the final update this year, but who knows. A big thanks to all our heroes for sponsoring this day of development. ❤️
@Achille, @Bribe, @Daemonic_Sword, @Daliox1, @Eikonium, @Falasae, @Footman16, @Gismo359, @Goffterdom, @Gyrosphinx, @Harynar, @Kam, @Kick King, @King I Rat, @Kuzakani, @Lich Prince, @Maynard, @Med. MapGuy, @MindWorX, @NiGlOo-ShOoTeR, @Nihilism_Is_Death, @rangger16, @Ravenwood Skye, @Retera, @Skopetski, @Tauer, @ThompZon, @tulee, @Xthreo

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hey guys,

Today marks another monthly day of HIVE development.

The past two months I have been working on a new moderation system we've come to (mostly) agree is a good sucecssor to our current system. There will be a longer post about this soon, but suffice it to say, review state is split into two groups now: review state and review rating. Useful / simple and Director's cut are now part of review rating along with lacking, recommended and high quality. Everything that was approved before, still is, but is also recommended now.

Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 22.51.28.png

I have started work on a grid view for the resource sections. I plan to make it a setting you can persist per section so if you always want to view icons in grid view for example, you can do that. This will not be released today, as I have only been working on the visuals so far.

1674943021056.png

Changes:
  • New moderation system.
  • Unreleased progress on grid view.

Also of note. My Paypal account was recently restricted. This was due to the fact that I changed my name when I got married years ago. Paypal wanted proof of my new name and I uploaded my passport. Based on this, they inferred that I was a minor when I signed up for Paypal (more than 15 years ago) and decided to restrict the account. This means that roughly a third of our heroes have had to cancel and sign up again to subscribe with my new Paypal account. I have already reached out to them all but it's been a bit of a rocky road.

❤️ Thanks all my heroes for sponsoring this day of development. ❤️
@A]mun, @Bribe, @Daemonic_Sword, @Daliox1, @Eikonium, @Falasae, @Footman16, @Gismo359, @Goffterdom, @Gyrosphinx, @Harynar, @InsaneMonster, @Kam, @Kick King, @King I Rat, @Kuzakani, @Lich Prince, @Maynard, @Med. MapGuy, @MindWorX, @mori, @NiGlOo-ShOoTeR, @Nihilism_Is_Death, @rangger16, @Ravenwood Skye, @Retera, @Skopetski, @Tauer, @ThompZon, @tulee, @Xthreo

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hello again,
Today I have spent most of the day working on hive thanks to our fantastic hive heroes.

I started out very ambitious wanting to make a system to save applies filters per repository so if you like the grid view, you will always return to the grid view, or if you wish to see useful / simple as well as lacking resources in all your queries, you can set that too. But I hit brick wall after brick wall and soon decided to attack this problem after more offline thinking. Sometimes you just have to give it time to rise like when baking. I did get good progress on this and will be releasing it over the next month or two.

1676239218356.png

I have more or less finished the grid view itself. I just need a way to switch between it and the detail view. I will be making it Wednesday which is my weekly evening of hive development with @Archian. Here's a sketch for it:
pill.png

A member suggested we make an option for model filtering that excludes any model that requires a custom texture. I looked at our setup and found that it was very easy to add. This will be available at the same time as grid view. It will be a checkbox like so:
1676239166756.png

For months I have been meaning to upload some multilingual versions of Warcraft 3 to our WC3 Download Archive (1.00 - 1.31.1 + BETA & DEMO). After procrastinating on this for so long, I finally asked @BogdanW3 to help me out and he made short process of it. I am in the progress of uploading these archives and they will soon be made available in the thread.

I have also been working with @StormKnight to get the last few important pages of the Classic Battle.Net site backed up. You can see it over at classic.hiveworkshop.com. Big thanks to StormKnight for helping test it.

❤️ As always thank you so much to all our Hive Heroes. I wouldn't be able to justify the hours of a full day working just on Hive without you. Thanks! ❤️
@A]mun, @Bribe, @Daliox1, @Eikonium, @Falasae, @Footman16, @gagnonr01, @Gismo359, @Harynar, @InsaneMonster, @Kam, @Kick King, @King I Rat, @Kuzakani, @Lich Prince, @Mason666, @Maynard, @Med. MapGuy, @MindWorX, @mori, @Nihilism_Is_Death, @Ravenwood Skye, @Retera, @Skopetski, @Tauer, @ThompZon, @tulee, @Xthreo

(Some heroes are missing from this list because we had a falling out with Paypal. They will be back next month when they can properly resubscribe)

Last edited:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hey guys,

Today was my March day of development. I managed to get through the whole day despite an injury. I am happy to say that I finally cracked the persistence of filters. I am excited to hear if you like it. I hope it works well for you. At the bottom of the filters you now have a "Save filter for default" and "Reset default filter". Saving means the filters will be applied every time you visit the section of which you did it. So it's unique per section.

Here's my changelog:

• Add save/clear of filters to keep filters such as review state and grid view.
  • Add share description for bundles and increase image size of embedded image (Thanks @InsaneMonster).
  • Fix error when removing all authors from bundle.
  • Start tracking sound files for "View usage" (Thanks @GrapesOfWath).

This day and these changes were made possible largely by our Hive Heroes. I am honored that you wish to sponsor my further development and improvement of the site. I am just some goofy coder after all. Thank you ❤️ .

@A]mun, @Bribe, @Daliox1, @Eikonium, @Falasae, @Footman16, @gagnonr01, @Gismo359, @Gyrosphinx, @Harynar, @InsaneMonster, @Kam, @Kick King, @King I Rat, @Kuzakani, @Lich Prince, @Mason666, @Med. MapGuy, @MindWorX, @mori, @Nihilism_Is_Death, @rangger16, @Ravenwood Skye, @Retera, @Skopetski, @Tauer, @ThompZon, @tulee, @Xthreo

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Changes:

• Fix changing between models on the blue "View in 3D" button version of the model viewer when models had the same name (Thanks @biridius).
  • Improve spacing of "Grid view" to make it easier to know which image a title belongs to (Thanks @OutsiderXE).
  • Fix bug with "Match all authors" always being true (Thanks @ScrewTheTrees).

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I just solved the weirdest problem. Around 24 hours ago someone submitted a pastebin entry with a value unexpectedly set to an empty string. This caused all attachments on HIVE to be moved into his pastebin entry (removed from everywhere else). A pastebin with 300K+ files. I found a backup that was dated 2 minutes before his pastebin, restored it to a separate database instance and wrote a script to read from that and update all pastebin entries to be moved back into their proper place. Also, I fixed the code so it won't happen again.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hey guys,
On the 21st I had my dev day. I didn't wrap up everything as nicely as I usually do, so I am doing that now.

@Archian and I are working on a new major system for HIVE, distinct from the resource sections but complimenting them when necessary. I won't say more about it now but suffice it to say, much time is spent on it lately and in the past few months.

I did still manage to make some exciting tweaks here and there. Most importantly I made it more intuitive to cast ratings on bundles. It wasn't a nice workflow before, but now it encourages the writing of a review and isn't hidden behind a "hover your mouse" gesture which doesn't even exist on mobile devices.

Anyway, here is the full change log:

• Fix "View usage" display of review state/rating (Thanks @Archian).
  • Add recent database optimizations to Setup script for new installs (Thanks @Ghan_04).
  • Add attachment support for bundle moderation page (Thanks @deepstrasz).
  • Add support for v3 of object files (Thanks @The_Spellweaver and @eejin).
  • Make bundle rating more intuitive.
  • Fix bug where bundles could not be deleted properly if they have ratings.

❤️ As always. This day of development wouldn't be possible without the support of my (and hive's) heroes ❤️
@A]mun, @Bribe, @Celaquil, @Daliox1, @Eikonium, @Falasae, @Footman16, @gagnonr01, @Gismo359, @GodPoro, @Gyrosphinx, @Harynar, @InsaneMonster, @Kam, @Kick King, @King I Rat, @Kuzakani, @Lich Prince, @Mason666, @Med. MapGuy, @MindWorX, @mori, @Nihilism_Is_Death, @rangger16, @Ravenwood Skye, @Retera, @Skopetski, @Tauer, @ThompZon, @tulee, @Xthreo

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hey guys,

Today marks my monthly development day.

I started with a bit of a false start of taking it upon myself to update the model viewer to support MDX version 1100. But I decided to give up on it considering I know practically nothing about 3D.

I then went on to fix a bug, add a BB code Archian has been asking for, for years and then created a nice little add-on. The add-on helps users refrain from creating multiple accounts in case they didn't know it's against our rules.

Changes:
  • Investigated if I can update the model viewer to support MDX version 1100. I cannot (Thanks @BogdanW3).
  • Fix bug marking/unmarking post by deleted user as review.
  • Add blizzard quote BB code (Thanks @Archian).
  • Create add-on that warns users about rule violations on registration if their IP was already used to create an account.

I will be spending the rest of the day working on the super secret project that I eluded to in my last post.

❤️ I wouldn't be able to justify this day of development without our lovely Hive Heroes. Thank you all for supporting us. ❤️
@arfus, @A]mun, @Bribe, @Celaquil, @Daliox1, @Eikonium, @Falasae, @Footman16, @gagnonr01, @Gismo359, @GodPoro, @Gyrosphinx, @Harynar, @InsaneMonster, @Kam, @Kick King, @King I Rat, @Kuzakani, @Lich Prince, @Mason666, @Med. MapGuy, @MindWorX, @mori, @Nihilism_Is_Death, @rangger16, @Ravenwood Skye, @Retera, @Skopetski, @Tauer, @ThompZon, @Xthreo

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
What a day for a dev day,

Today I have been working all day in the shade to give HIVE the attention it deserves. I have been catching up with many small yet important changes. Updating the forum system, fixing compatibility, ensuring my dev environment works the best it can and then fixing some real bugs in my code and adding a small feature. Find the changelog below.

Changes:

• Update to XenForo 2.2.13.
  • Update Ranks and Hero add-ons for XenForo 2.2.13 compatibility.
  • Setup new local clone of HIVE for development.
  • Upon leaving a rating you will now also watch the bundle for replies (Thanks @deepstrasz).
  • Add "Awaiting update" to "Your submissions" in sidebar in repositories (Thanks @stan0033).
  • Prevent multiple audio resources from playing at the same time (Thanks @stan0033).
  • Hide experience in inaccessible forums/repositories (Thanks @IcemanBo).

My work today doesn't end here though. I am spending the remaining time on the previously mentioned unannounced project :D

❤️ As always, thanks to all our generous heroes for making this day possible: ❤️
@A]mun, @Bribe, @Celaquil, @Daliox1, @Eikonium, @Footman16, @gagnonr01, @Gismo359, @GodPoro, @Gyrosphinx, @Harynar, @InsaneMonster, @Kam, @Kick King, @King I Rat, @Lich Prince, @Mason666, @Med. MapGuy, @MindWorX, @mori, @rangger16, @Ravenwood Skye, @Retera, @sebalarios, @Skopetski, @Tauer, @ThompZon, @Xthreo

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
This month's development day has been more of the same. I am still working on the ultra top secret project I definitely can't tell you about. Progressing on it slowly. But I believe it will augment HIVE to a new level for many projects. @Archian and I are very excited to show off our work when it's ready.

I did most of the day last Sunday and the rest few hours today.

I did do one small change that you can enjoy today.

• Fix bug where searching "This repository" in regular search engine searches all resource sections (Thanks @deepstrasz).
  • Started work based off of full development environment on an external hard drive (Hive is a little big 😅).
  • Troubleshooting texture preview generator adding back alpha'ed away parts (Thanks @Mayday).

❤️ As always, these days wouldn't exist if it wasn't for our great Hive Heroes. Thanks a lot guys. It makes a great difference. ❤️
@1)ark_NiTe, @Aldeia, @A]mun, @Celaquil, @Daliox1, @Eikonium, @Footman16, @gagnonr01, @Gismo359, @GodPoro, @Gyrosphinx, @happykagen, @Harynar, @InsaneMonster, @Kam, @Kick King, @King I Rat, @Lich Prince, @Mason666, @Med. MapGuy, @MindWorX, @mori, @rangger16, @Ravenwood Skye, @Retera, @Skopetski, @stan0033, @Tauer, @ThompZon, @Xthreo

Last edited:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hello guys,
I have just finished my monthly day of development on HIVE. I always want the list to be longer, but good things take time. Here are my changes for this month:

❤️ I wouldn't be able to justify spending this extra time on HIVE if it wasn't for our generous HIVE Heroes. Thank you very much. ❤️
@1)ark_NiTe, @Aldeia, @A]mun, @Celaquil, @Daliox1, @Eikonium, @Footman16, @gagnonr01, @Gismo359, @GodPoro, @Gyrosphinx, @Harynar, @InsaneMonster, @Kam, @Kick King, @King I Rat, @Lich Prince, @Med. MapGuy, @MindWorX, @rangger16, @Ravenwood Skye, @Retera, @Skopetski, @Tauer, @ThompZon, @Xthreo, @~El

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hey guys,
Time for my monthly Hive Heroes update.

I... don't have many changes to report. I got stubborn and decided to look into a bug I have received numerous reports on. Often, when resources are reviewed, they would stick in their previous position despite being reviewed to appear in other ones. I spent more than half a day digging into this and did end up fixing it. But I burned way too many hours on it. Buut, it's an important fix.

Aside from that, I double checked that the drafts system works but raised the "keep alive time" of drafts from 24 hours to 7 days. Hopefully now people will trust it more. I do always store things in pastebins though instead.

Finally I am working on a way to filter icons by whether they're HD or SD. I'm thinking we will soon start to see mixed icons sections in some places.

❤️ As always, this would be impossible to justify in this busy period of my life without my lovely Hive Heroes. ❤️
@1)ark_NiTe, @Aldeia, @A]mun, @Celaquil, @Daliox1, @Eikonium, @Footman16, @gagnonr01, @GodPoro, @Gyrosphinx, @Harynar, @InsaneMonster, @Kam, @Kick King, @King I Rat, @Lich Prince, @Med. MapGuy, @MindWorX, @rangger16, @Ravenwood Skye, @Retera, @Skopetski, @Tauer, @ThompZon, @Xthreo

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I have had a hard time fitting in my dev days in the past months. This trouble is coming to an end. On October 31 I will have my last day of work in my job. So better become a hero now to keep me afloat 😉.

Because of this forseeable expanded free time I have decided to move the dev day of October into November where I will have at minimum two full dev days as well as many spontaneous coding sessions at my leisure.

They are slowly announcing the launch of XenForo 2.3 which I will be spending some time migrating to when it's released as well as our top secret project and others. Stay tuned :)

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
We're nearing the end of November and I've been working a full day this Wednesday as well as a full day last week to make up for the lost time last month. I've made a lot of nice important changes. Many of them small requests and bugs here and there but that's important to keep the wheels spinning in this machine.

See below for the changes made so far:

• Switch to indexing semantic version of maps since Reforged. This allows you to filter maps by the more recent versions. (Thanks @MindWorX, @eejin, @BogdanW3.)
  • Add warning when deleting a bundle to let author know that deletion and then resubmission is the wrong approach (Thanks @deepstrasz.)
  • Add FLAC support to sound section (Thanks @GrapesOfWath.)
  • When deleting last post in a thread by a user, resulting in their rating getting deleted too, the overall rating should be recalculated (Thanks @General Frank.)
  • Apply fix for thumbnail generation of TIFF files containing multiple images (Thanks @Karmondia.)
  • Add filtering by SD/HD in icons section (Useful for AI generated icons section for now).
  • Retain bundle primary image across map updates (Thanks @stan0033, Source.)
  • Add "Support Us" link similar to "Upgrade Account" but for guest visitors.
  • Fix security hole where people could re-order resources in bundles out of their control.
  • Remove breadcrumbs and unnecessary title on frontpage (Thanks @Archian.)

❤️ As always, this wouldn't be possible without the financial support of our Hive Heroes. Thank you guys, it means a lot. ❤️
@1)ark_NiTe, @Aldeia, @A]mun, @BaiyuGalan, @BurnedSmackdown, @Celaquil, @Daliox1, @Eikonium, @Footman16, @gagnonr01, @GodPoro, @Gyrosphinx, @Harynar, @InsaneMonster, @Kam, @Kick King, @King I Rat, @Lich Prince, @Med. MapGuy, @MindWorX, @Naveander, @rangger16, @Ravenwood Skye, @Retera, @Skopetski, @Tauer, @Xthreo, @~El

Last edited:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hello everyone,

I've now spent two full dev days here in December because I will be traveling from start January until around mid February. Instead of getting behind on dev days, I've spent my extended free time (because I quit my job) getting ahead. By the way, if you know someone who may want to become a Hive Hero, it would be very helpful right around now :).

I have changed the "recommended version" field for campaigns to be similar to that of maps. It works by parsing all maps within a campaign and finding the highest version number. These numbers aren't stored in the campaign metadata, so I had to dig into the maps. Thanks (@Footman16.)

I have been digging deep into PNG-to-BLP conversion. It turns out the Icon Borderiser as well as the built-in version in the icons section don't create very good icons. The problem is that I'm generating paletted BLP files which has inferior colors compared to the input PNG file. I need to create BLP files with embedded JPEG image data. I have tested various libraries as well as tried building my own in PHP. I've asked for help in case you can lend it as this problem doesn't seem super simple to me. I need to create a JPEG with alpha channels and in 99.9% of the world, JPEG doesn't have alpha, so practically no libraries have support for that use case. I had a false start with creating a CMYK JPEG (as it has 4 channels) which at least loads but didn't work out. I think in total I've probably spent a full dev day on this (sorry). It's hard to let go of a problem when you can smell the solution right around the corner. (Thanks @Mustang.)

I've spent quite some time as well on the <REDACTED> project. I think it will probably be ready for release in 2024. I can't wait to show it to you.

❤️ As always, this wouldn't be possible without our dear Hive Heroes. Thanks everyone and happy holidays ❤️
@1)ark_NiTe, @Aldeia, @A]mun, @BaiyuGalan, @BlackEclipse, @BurnedSmackdown, @Celaquil, @Ceterai, @Daliox1, @Eikonium, @Footman16, @gagnonr01, @GodPoro, @Gyrosphinx, @Harynar, @InsaneMonster, @Kam, @Kick King, @King I Rat, @Lich Prince, @Med. MapGuy, @MindWorX, @Naveander, @Neps, @rangger16, @Ravenwood Skye, @Retera, @Skopetski, @Tauer, @Xthreo, @~El

Status
Not open for further replies.