• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

~††DarkAge††~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
††DarkAge††
(All changes in this post are marked in red)

Map Type: RPG

Hero Choices:
Vampire Huntress: The Vampire Huntress is designed and trained for hunting vampires, (duh that's why she's named that...). Due to the speed and agility of vampires, these huntresses have spells and abilites to slow down the vampires.

Witch Huntress: The Witch Huntress is trained for disposing undead spellcasters. The Witch Huntress has spells to remove buffs, and destroy or drain mana away also being fully immune to spells.

Knight Lancer: Knight Lancers have spells to stun enemies and also a spell to escape. The Knight Lancer is truely one of the deadliest characters due to its spell called Lancing, which can pierce through a large group of enemies in a matter of seconds.

Holy Priestest: The Holy Priestest has spells to aid other characters such as healing, revival, and also defensive spells. The Holy Priestest is vvery weak in attack so there should be someone guarding the priestest.

Inquisitor: Inquisitors are heroes that have a wide range of spells, it has a summoning spell, a mana regeneration spell and also a very devastating spell. Inquisitors can call up their henchmen to aid them to remove the unholy beings.

Daemon Purger: Daemon Purgers are extremely fast and powerful heroes. They can deal damage to more than one enemy at a time, although the Daemon Purger is weak in health and defense.

Beast Lord: The Beast Lord are very slow but devastating units. He can summon Trident Beasts to aid him, also having a defensive skill and an offensive skill.

Monster Types:
Zombies: Zombies are very slow and can intake alot of damage and return alot of damage. Most zombies spread a poisinous cloud after death by the corpse.

Skeletons: Skeletons are fragile and break when ever they are in reach of physical damage, although each group is mostly with a Sphinx. The Sphinx makes the skeletons more resistant to physical damage leaving the best choice to do spell damage to them.

Vampires: Vampires are very agile and fast creatures. They regain heatlh after every quick hit and have very well reflexes making them hard to be hit.

Ravagers: Such as the vampires, ravagers are very fast although faster than vampires they deal very little damage and have very little heatlh. But they travel in massive groups which can strip the flesh off any being in seconds.

Demons: Demons are the most powerful beings to fight. The Demons are very heavily armored and deals heavy damage, although most demons are slow and very vulnerable to spells.

Corrupted: Corrupted are humans or warriors that were killed by a demonic insect. The corrupted depending on what it was has increased speed and very low IQ, all the corrupted deals poisinous damage or corrosive acids.

Ghosts: Ghosts are invisible, they have an eteral form and have no difference from any normal unit. Although the ghosts can come in massive numbers so beware.

Black Orks (New Species): Orcs were a very important ally, all battles human and orcs fought side by side. Although when Bel 'akor first started his siege he made a deal that if orcs join his army they would gain incredible power. Although this was forbiden in the orc society, the orcs under Bel 'akor's command are Black Orks.

Map Progress:
Triggers - 21%
Heroes - 75%
Bosses/Enemies - 40% (New Race! :D)
Quests - 10%
Mini-Quests - 0%

Level 4
thanx! All updates will be on the first topic post so you can check out new stuff which will be in red! Anyways now here's the publics vote on stuff:

Hero Choice
Would you prefer
A) Beast Lord - This hero is very powerful and can scare off many enemies. During battles with the corrupted this hero can hide in the deep murky waters and sneak up on them. The Beast Lord has a combination of different spells, summoning, aura, self beneficial and an offensive spell.

B) Emperor's Champion - This hero contains many auras that gives benefits such as increase in speed, strengh, and defense. The Emperor's Champion is very adept in fighting along with other heroes although his true benefits would be wasted if fighting alone.

Mini Quest Choice
What amount of mini quests would you prefer in playing a RPG?
A) Alittle (5-9)
B) Not so much but not too little (7-12)
C) Alot (10-15)
D) Hell with it! I love mini Quests! (15-??)

Quest Feature Choice
In some RPGs such as Tommy's RPGs (Temples of the Old Gods, City of the Seven Mithril Golems) There are many cinematics, so would you prefer a cinematic for all mini quests? Or none for mini quests and only important cinematics.

c3o

c3o

Level 2
Beast Lord really sound like something I would like :D. I would like a mediocre amount of minquests (8-12, not counting small puzzels etc.) but the would vary depending on aligment. Eg, the "Good" guy would help a little girl finding her mother. The "Bad" guy would help a witchdoctor bringing the head of the little girl so he can make spooky brew of death. The aligment would vary upon the actions of the player. But if the rpg is mainly on the good/bad side that's okay too.
About cinematics I really like watching them, aslong as they are timed well and overall good (Don't let the camera float through a wall or something). Also there wouldn't be an excessive amount: Cinematic 1: Find a cave, Cinematic 2: You see a cave, Cinematic 3: You're entering a cave!, Cinematic 4: You've entered a cave! (You get the point)

Level 4
Why can there be only 1???
Well because that for the Inquisitor's summoning spells, one's the watcher and the other's the crusader. Although the Crusader uses the elven swordsmen model(Captain) while the Emperor's Champion uses the same model and i just don't want two of the same thing running around....

Will there be a storyline?
Yes there will be. If this didn't have a storyline it would suck.....^_^

Why do i write this like advice columns?
Because i want to :D

Level 12
Hero Choice: I'd prefer the Beast Lord, but if you try both heroes, why not use the Blood Elf Lieutenant model for the Emperor's Champion or whatever.

Mini-Quest Choice: At least 7. I think over 10 might be too much work. Even if you did over 10, it would totally rock! :wink:

Cinematics: Sure. They'd be fine with me.

Storyline: Remember to make it good almost like Tommy's Dwarven Campaign.

Level 21
SeaGull1723 said:
Hero Choice: I'd prefer the Beast Lord, but if you try both heroes, why not use the Blood Elf Lieutenant model for the Emperor's Champion or whatever.

Mini-Quest Choice: At least 7. I think over 10 might be too much work. Even if you did over 10, it would totally rock! :wink:

Cinematics: Sure. They'd be fine with me.

Storyline: Remember to make it good almost like Tommy's Dwarven Campaign.

I don't think it should be that complicated and historical like Tommmy's Dwarven Campaign because its for mulitplayer and everyone may not like a very long storyline. It should have a story but not too simple or not too hard.

Level 4
K the poll is done! so its 8-13 quests! and the Beast Lord is permanent! Now here's some info on the heroes....

Hero Abilities
Each Hero has 4 abilites to learn, 3 of the abilities have 6 levels, while the last ability has 3 levels to learn. There is one secret ability which can be unlocked by acquiring items, and one ability that's automaticaly given.

-_- Wished i had my own forum....

Level 4
Sorry for the Inactivefullnessness...ness.....Anywhos~! This RPG would be completed in maybe about.....next month? well it could be next or maybe next next next :? I have crummy engrish ^_^ Anywhos! New Feature to Map: A good history about other stuffness!

Updates:
New Race Added - Black Orks

Level 4
The Dark Age Website is finnally hosted! Yippers! Although nothing's actually complete! Booers! Anyways you can always check some stuff out!

Level 4
Okay on the website all the heroes in Darkage is completed! so you can know a little about them! Most of everything is complete on the website but there still much to do!

Level 4
New Update: I transported my map to my NEW laptop so it's running so frickin fast ^_^ so maby it'll get done! Minor changes here and there, three new enemy types. 1 normal and 2 bosses.

Demon Lord & Demon of the deadly sins - before you fight the last boss you fight these guys, 4 Demon Lords and 1 Demon of the Deadly Sins, if you manag to knock off 70% of the Demon of the Deadly Sins Health, he'lll conjur Baal Prince of Demons. (There is 25 strings for Demon Lords and 7 for Demon of the Deadly Sins which is all real! and afew hidden Demons)

Spirit Walker - These guys walk around with little lanterns and a very ugly face, these guys can cast fear and ugly spells that can make even your guys run away. The higher magic users can cast Karma (Still kinda working on the trigger ^_^') and deals triple the damage of kills you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.