• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Why the units fleeing sometimes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Here is the map. I have a weird problem.

When the test started press esc 3 times and you'll see units not flees from the tower when their health is getting low BUT at the second tower, they're trying to flee from the towers

I want to make this units not fleeing from the towers without changing their slots and alliance settings

Attachments

• flee test.w3x
    15.1 KB · Views: 67
Level 12
I think the units lost their command, try to command them every time when they killed a tower.

No.

The problem is that your Devil Player is Neutral Victim and that there is a certain kind of ai bound to this.
When changing
  • Set DevilPlayer = Neutral Victim
to
  • Set DevilPlayer = Player 1 (Red)
the units dont flee.

I suppose it is possible to somehow change the ai of the Neutral Victim player. I did some short research which showed that jass commands are required at certain places in the war3map.j and just writing triggers in the trigger editor might not be enough, which also led to blizzard.j and common.j. As I have very small amount of time currently I noped out of it.

I did not find any fast solution while still using Neutral Victim.

Level 12
Yeah I checked dota's war3map.j, it seems the solution is when unit "attempts" to run back to its spawning point you must move unit to the its same position again and then ordering to continue attackmove destination.

Problem solved, thanks for your time.

Level 12
If you trust yourself map is there at the first post.I am tired of people who advise to change "stats - can flee".

Level 12
Why you so aggressive and what are you right about?I just said if you know the solution test map is in the first post go and change it.

Because the difference is "my solution" works it doesn't matter whatever it seems logical to your or not.And I am having difficult time while trying to understand what is "your solution" about the problem in first post.All of these object editor fields, gameplay constant fields can't prevent the flee problem here.What exactly you advise about preventing flee problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.