• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Increasing Accuracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
IS there an ability in warcraft 3 which could up your acuuracy?

By acuuracy i mean chance for an attack to hit the enemy.

Thanks,
- Tauren_009

Level 33
Accuracy in Warcraft III (without having negative buff of Curse-based ability) is totally, 100%.

You can alter this fact, into adding Curse ability to the unit.

Well, I guess you will have to create the ability to 100 levels or so (1% for 1 level) or you can do 20 levels (5% for 1 level), your choice.

At start, the unit has 20% (example values) chance to miss on normal attack, over time, it will improve based on levels, items, etc, and your Curse will start to decrease to like 11% (example values) miss or so, this mean that your Accuracy has risen

A good idea to make Accuracy-based system is your unit should be based on Agility or whatever, like 7 Agility for -1% chance to miss upon attack. (this is just an idea)

Important element is the Curse-based ability gets into action.

Level 17
Well if there isnt any abil to up ur acuuracy, then can you code it?

u can code it with gui damage system, easily just make a integer variable arrray where u store the unit accurancy, another for eva, and make a formula

so simple a example when unit accurancy[custom value of unit]=unit agility*20+accurancy from items + accurancy from buff (ofc this last 2 thing depend by ur system , i definied the stats at map init and add x bonus if unit pick x item and if wear off then decrease that thing)

If Accurancy[custom value of damageeventsource]>Evasion[custom value of damageeventtarget] then do dmg else write miss with floating text

ok i suggest

read this and do your system with gui damage suystem without dummy unit and any ability

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Damage#Evasion_.2F_Accuracy

Most physical attacks can be evaded, in which case they do 0 damage. Magic attacks never miss.
evade% = ( target evasion - 1 ) / ( ( 2 * attacker accuracy ) + ( target evasion - 1 ) )
hit% = 1 - evade%
The evade equation is rounded up to the nearest 2 decimal places (remember 0.67 = 67%). Thus you can only get a 100% hit% if the target's evasion = 1.

Level 33
Yes, Evasion is to be added to Attacked Unit, while Curse is to be added to Attacking Unit, if you combine them both, I think it's pretty dynamic system that you will obtain from it

But if you prefer simplicity, go for only one of them (Either Attacked Unit has Evasion or Attacking Unit has Curse)

Level 37
I suggest evasion and hidden spell book.
Set evasion levels from 1 to 100 (1% evasion per level).

I believe Evasion rounds the chance up or down to the nearest number that can be divided by 5.

For example
1 -> 5 (or 0)
3 -> 5
8 -> 10
9 -> 10

EDIT: Tested with Critical Strike, over 1000 hits with each test.
It rounds to the nearest number that can be divided by 5.

1 -> 0
2- > 0
2.49 -> 0
2.51 - > 5
7 -> 5
9 -> 10

and so on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.