• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Taktika:Stoletna Suma

Brige or Shalows for river crosing ?

• Shalows

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Brige

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
-Screenshots Soon-
I need HQ tree models for ashenvile !

Attachments

• Taktika_Stoletna Suma.w3x
    20.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 182
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    594.9 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Level 3
It's a uniqe map ,some cind of Battlefield .
Maybe i shoud:
Use curstom:
-tiles
-trees
-bridge
-animated grass
-rocks
:D.

If it's a unique map, then you should make a unique terrain. :p
You may find my following statement disapproving or discouraging, but your current terrain is very generic and common. You can take a look at threads from this section to estimate how common your terrain is.

You will need to give a concept to it, for example a battlefield doesn't always necessarily mean a verdant area that features certain predictable paths, which will encourage tactics in terms of gameplay. Add more complexity to how the scenery is set and maybe some signs of civilization, for example ruins of a watch tower. Moreover, you have to be more flexible with your terraining technique. Variation for example is the key to a natural and realistic environment. Definitely change your tree models and place them with a random scale from 1.5 (for example) to 2.0. In the river, don't abruptly stop the path, you can place sand trails within the river, so that it looks like a trail and a continuum of the leaves path. By the way, leaves' path doesn't do justice in your case, since the trees are placed too far. You can try a tileset from Diablo's maps (which are open source) in the forums which have integrated a tileset made out of stone and/or pebbles.

Level 3
Thanks Pharaoh_ for supportive replay.
You may find my following statement disapproving or discouraging,
Nope, wise man learns from his mistakes ;) .
Thanks for tileset advice i will download his maps and try to use them in the right way ;) .
+Rep :p

Level 3
I am working from strach (fix my spelling please :( ).
So far i created two cliffs , i need tree models to make it more realistic .
Once again thanks :D .

Status
Not open for further replies.