• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Axe throw v3.0

My very first GUI and MUI spell. After 2 very different major versions, I will consider this one as the final one if no glitches are found so far.

Description : The Caster channels the spell, throwing axes one by one in a line and dealing damages per second to units being wounded.

You can customize the spell stats in the "Axe throw Cast" trigger. There are comments in the trigger for each stats. You can also change the axes in the Units editor, by remplacing the shadow size, the size of the model and the model in the unit simply called "Axe" (ofc, it can be replaced by any other thing than an axe like a glaive, for instance).

Before importing, make sure to correctly read the documentation.

Versions :
-v1.0 is released !
-v1.02 : added some new stats to change (Different AoEs of the axes, change if it detroys trees, etc.) and fixed some leaks/bugs.
-v1.03 : fixed some minor bugs.
-v1.1 : A new function : The axes are now returning to the caster.
-v1.2 : Added new documentation.
-v2.0 : Whole new version with remade loop triggers (particularly the "Axe moving Loop" one), including new stats to change (distance can be changed by modifying the speed and speed decreasement variables) which are available in the first trigger.
All the terribles "ifs" that were making the axes moving faster and slower have been replaced by a new system that now includes a constant real that increases and decreases the axes speed.
-v2.1 : The possibility to set the total number of axes being thrown is now available.
-v3.0 : Possibly the final version :
> Added new modifiable stats in the Cast Trigger.
> Axes are now dealing damages per second using a simple formula (found in the trigger comments) to prevent an excessive amount of damage glitch.
> Updated documentation and improved the map for easier tests

Comments and rates are welcome.

Hope you'll enjoy

Also, if anoyone can post the triggers in a comment, I would be glad, because I can't copy/paste the scripts from the French World editor.
The new 3.0 version triggers haven't been posted yet...

Keywords:
Axe, Axe throw, Distance, MUI, channeling.
Contents

Axe throw v3.0 (Map)

Reviews
21:51, 26th Oct 2009 The_Reborn_Devil: A quite simple yet useful spell although the triggering could be a lot better. Please use intervals at 0.03 or above. Also, you use way too many ifs. About the speed decrement, use a constant value to reduce...

M

21:51, 26th Oct 2009
The_Reborn_Devil:

A quite simple yet useful spell although the triggering could be a lot better. Please use intervals at 0.03 or above. Also, you use way too many ifs. About the speed decrement, use a constant value to reduce the speed instead of using all those ifs. And it would be better if you put it all together in 2 triggers instead of 4. Another thing is that it would be better if the user could choose how many axes would be summoned instead, as there are many here who do not know how to change that and many are lazy as well. Last, but not least, please fix the facing angle of the axes.
I couldn't find any leaks and the spell is MUI.
Rating: Useful [2.9/5].

Please fix the things above and you might achieve a better rating.

Level 9
Perhaps give us more information on what the spell does except throwing an axe. And tell us how customizable it is. :p

Level 2
very nice spell, although maybe all three axes going out at the same time just in different directions? like \ | /
5/5

Level 2
Hey when the second axe hit the enemies, all enemies that the axe touches are killed pls fix it. ;D. sorry for the bad english

Level 8
Okay, so it's been a while since I haven't been around to look at my stuff's reviews.

That second axe glitch might be linked to the fact that I'm using a group variable (with array) in order to "mark" units being hit as "already hit" so the axe being thrown wont keep hitting it again in the 0.03 interval, but I need to find another way since the second axe being thrown isn't marking units correctly.
It doesn't just simply kills the unit, but it continues to deal the damages as set in the Cast trigger, every 0.03 second, instead of doing it only once after being marked as "hit".

Hope I was clear enough. Can't promise any fix soon, but I'm currently looking for a solution.

Level 4
hey, nice spell. I use it in my campaign.

But I found a bug:

The axes create an visibility area so that I'm always able to look at those places where my axes have been thrown. It's like I would create a "Sentry Ward". I could not find anything in your code, so you must do it =)

Level 4
hey, nice spell. I use it in my campaign.

But I found a bug:

The axes create an visibility area so that I'm always able to look at those places where my axes have been thrown. It's like I would create a "Sentry Ward". I could not find anything in your code, so you must do it =)

I've found a simple solution: Simply change the Sight Radius (Day and Night) of Axe Point to 0.