• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TheDarkGiganotosaur's Music

Level 15

🎵
TheDarkGiganotosaur's Music
🎵

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I'm also a musician, and I've been composing music for my amusement. But I don't know how good or bad they sound like, so I came here for opinions.

The MP3(s) (Non-looped music.) and the OGG(s) (Looped music.) are stored in this ZIP file (Sorry about the file size but I couldn't compress it more than this.). These music were made for a certain purpose, if you'd like to know what purpose or program that I've used, then please, ask.

I still got more music, but they're still "under construction", and these should be enough music for your souls. Hope you enjoy as I did by making them.

<NOTE>
I make music just for fun. If you wish to use them, don't forget to give me credit.

<MUSIC PACKS>
There are in total 16 Packs (Including this one here.) for you to download. Here's the links for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, and 16th Packs.

<SINGLE MUSIC>
I'll be making new single music from time to time (and only when I'm in a mood). You may find them in my newer posts after 16th Pack.

Attachments

• TDGs_Musics.zip
    28.3 MB · Views: 959
Last edited:
Level 15
Thanks for replying, I feared this thread would go abandoned forever...

I'm glad to know that you liked them. And yes, I've made them precisely for the use of games or mods, or just for listening.

As for myself, I've made these musics for my own use to be added in certain games that I'm planning to create.

Hmm, perhaps you or someone should ask these following questions:

- What's the purpose of these musics?
- Which program do you use to create these musics?

Ask one of these questions and I'll answer, although I prefer the first one, since I have an important message to post here...

Level 15
- What's the purpose of these musics?
Right, but before I tell you, I have a great, great bad news.

Remember my WC3 Campaign project that I was creating? The Ring of Chaotix (You probably have already noticed that in my signature few months ago.)? Well... I am... *sigh* I am resigning. Quiting, that is. *sigh* I can't believe that I've let everyone down... I'm a complete loser...

But seriously, the reason that I've quited the project was because of several problems that could cause any further problems to others in the future, so I've decided to cancel my project. But don't worry, I'll still be in touch with this site since I love being here, I feel like I'm in a big family. And I like all of the Hive's users, Moderators, Site Admins, and the Web Master. And hope to God this site stays alive forever.

Now, back on topic, I'm using these musics for the future games that I'm thinking to create with the Multimedia Fusion 2 program. That's right, from the Clickteam, the creators of the old The Games Factory and Klik and Play.

- Which program do you use to create these musics?
Oh yes, one of the best music making program in the world (Maybe not true at all.). The one and only, the FL STUDIO!

Level 15
Sweet. Well, keep it up with the music, man. It's quite suitable for games and stuff.
Thanks, Frostwhisper, but have you listened to them all or just some? Yes, that includes the beginning, the half, and the end of the music.

But the real point of this thread was to know if these musics were looking good or not.

Well, now I'll be waiting for Elenai, Pyritie, TheDivineBoss and others to hear my musics, and their opinions. Since I'm not familiar with the PM stuff (I prefer discussing things in public.).

And don't sweat it about the project. After all, 99% of wc3's projects are doomed to fail from the very beginning.
Well, like I say sometimes, it was great while it lasted. Let it rest in peace.

Last edited:
Level 10
Well, I'd say don't give up but since you already did... I finished listening all the musics and the ones I liked are actually, most of them but the menu_like isn't my type. I'm thinking on using them for some Eduke mods or Gdoom.

Level 15
I know I shouldn't have given up. And believe me, I NEVER wanted, but I did because of this:

If I had released my project here, it wouldn't be long until someone or more people would be VERY angry at me. Because first, it had some WoW models, and of course I know that's forbidden, even if I modify the WoW models a lot. And second, modifying people's own models and textures is extremely bad, but I would've asked for their permission and credited to their creators, but I've noticed that some people are quite vain about their creations (No offense.), and they don't take too kindly about their modified stuff.

So you see, I don't want to cause any trouble. I had a long talk with Wolverabid about my behaviors in the Admin Contact Section, and I thanked him for understanding me. I'm a nice person and I always show respect to everyone here, and I would NEVER break any rule.

But let's just leave it to that, I'm not sad or depressed at all, now I'm with Multimedia Fusion 2, and I'm hoping to create platform games, or some other sort. But I don't know if I'm allowed to upload my creations here...

Now, back on topic. Menu_A_Like music was only a simple creation, nothing professional but plain simple, so I'm not surprised it isn't your type. But creating the rest of the musics took months, like 8 breakfasts, 16 lunches, 8 snacks and 16 dinners (Not exactly! But still...). You wouldn't believe how many times I had to fix them due to some volume problems, and some instrument types.

If you're using my musics, then it's okay by me, but don't forget to credit me for them, okay?

Level 15
BY ILUVATAR! these are incredible! what did you use?
Ah, good ol' Elenai! I see you've already listened to my musics! I just wanted to prove myself at the community that I'm not just a worthless bag of dung. And sounding +repless too :sad:, since these musics cost me a lot of work...

Yes, they sound incredible, don't they? But they also sound impressive and inspiring. The "Freedom" song, included in this ZIP file, has inspired me with tears.

What did I use? Well, have you met FL STUDIO? Quite expensive along with its plugins, but purchasing them all was worth it. The 8th version, that I've recently upgraded, contains a dancing Anime character called FL Chan, and I'm in love with that scrumptious human girl...

how did you make them?
Well, I've opened the FL STUDIO 8 XXL Edition and did the following:

1st - I choose any compatible FLi, VSTi or DXi instrument or drum plugins, and add each of them as channels. Wave files or the instruments from the old trackers (MOD, S3M, XM and IT.) are also supported.

2nd - Then I start composing whatever melodies I can imagine. Not easy though, as I don't want to create already imagined musics.

3rd - Then I add several effect plugins such as Chorus, Reverbs, Delays, Flangers, etc.. You know, giving it some vibes or explosive sounding qualities.

4th - Then I test the music, there's always some flaws and issues when I play them for the first time, but I keep correcting them from time to time.

5th - And presto! New music created! Now I can export it as WAV file, and then convert it into either MP3 or OGG.

can you make high elven music?
Er... I can try, but I cannot guarantee if it'll sound elven or not. But I'll try...

Of course! But first, you may have to wait for Eduke32 to support mp3 or ogg then I can release a beta of my mod.
Ah, no problem. There's no need to be in a hurry. I've got a whole lifetime to wait. I'm 24 years old, so I can wait, let's say... 76 years?

<ANNOUNCEMENT>
Stay tuned, because sooner or later I'll add more musics. The special ones that I'm about to add will be called:

Fear_Of_Seduction - "When girls seduce boys, they'll tremble in love and FEAR!"
Canine_Desperation - "A silly song, dedicated to my irritating dog that never shuts up!"
WC2_Intro_Music_REMIX - "You may have heard the medieval one, but what about a modern techno one?"

Last edited:
Level 35
Good ol' TDG, you are by far not a useless dung bag, infact you remind me in many ways of Wolverabid, (a high honor coming from the Noldorin)

Your music was indeed inspiring and freedom was by far my favourite.

As for High Elf music it follows a simple pattern of of style.

Echo/Ethereal style.

soft clear strings, (with some echo)
minor drum beats (tropical style)

These make up the ambience.

For the main flesh of the song, there are two parts.

Choir, (clear and yet, haunting and sad, or powerful and magestic with the same ethereal feel)

Wind instruments,

The flutes vary, but come usually in two kinds.

(The first should sound similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOaoUx0Mc0Q)

(The second is clearer, and sounds similar to an ocarina)

As for other bits of effects, bells are beloved by elf kind, even the large boom of a cathedral bell speaks to our souls, and elves also dearly love the harpsicord.

you might also look to this for inspiration, these are quite elven in nature, even if they do not have all the High Elven characteristics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKa6JgI10EQ&feature=related

And some inspiration with art or music ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8InbezU-5cU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xyt9rikMt4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUNOl_zbrqk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n5YhJiaBzQ&feature=related

An example of a majestic elven style:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znsmbtv2bsQ&feature=related

More to come if I find them.

Level 15
Good ol' TDG, you are by far not a useless dung bag, infact you remind me in many ways of Wolverabid, (a high honor coming from the Noldorin)
Really? I would've never thought of that! Thanks for your kind words, Elenai. Because that was EPIC! And Wolverabid, he's a great Legend among us!

As for me, being a "nobody" (Short rep.) is not good enough for me. Oh, please keep in mind that I'm NOT eager to get a lot of rep or something (That would be dishonorable or cheating.), but all I like is respect, honor and friendship. A respected user would be appropriate. But nevermind, I don't want to trouble you...

Indeed. And there's more where that came from...

And you should've seen FL Chan dancing...

Echo/Ethereal style.

Choir, (clear and yet, haunting and sad, or powerful and magestic with the same ethereal feel)

Wind instruments,

(The first should sound similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOaoUx0Mc0Q)

As for other bits of effects, bells are beloved by elf kind, even the large boom of a cathedral bell speaks to our souls, and elves also dearly love the harpsicord.

you might also look to this for inspiration, these are quite elven in nature, even if they do not have all the High Elven characteristics.

Okay, I've got most of those instruments, a couple of choirs, and some special female voices too. Any type of Jeenglee-Jeenglee Bells too. Classic-type drums too. They should be good enough to give me a couple of ideas. After all, FL STUDIO is capable of creating ANY genre of musics.

Do you like Impact Drums too? Now those are some great drums.

Well, creating a classical medieval music would be my very first time. I need to practice a little...

But like I've said, I'll try :wink:...

Level 35
Excellent news Gigantosaur, and I would rep you, but I must spread rep around first ^^

As for the plugins...would they work with a tracker program called Psycle? I have been in desperate need for good choir plugins.

As for impact drums, make it however you wish ^^ I am quite curious to see how drums can be melded into Elven music.

And with your music creation talent, you might just single handedly give life to the sound forum, as well as provide an excellent service to the modding community.

Level 15
Excellent news Gigantosaur, and I would rep you, but I must spread rep around first ^^
Please, just willing, not by force.

"Respected User" Rank, it's tempting me, how can one achieve that?

Um... I don't mean to correct, but Gigantosaur is a huge herbivore dinosaur, Giganotosaur is a huge carnivore dinosaur. So, I eat meat, not vegetables because I regurgitate them. But I'm no cannibal, so I'll spare your life, although you still look delicious to me...

As for the plugins...would they work with a tracker program called Psycle? I have been in desperate need for good choir plugins.
Psycle? Never heard of it. But I once had ModPlug Tracker. It allowed me to create MOD, S3M, XM and IT module musics. Until I met FL STUDIO...

All I know is that FL STUDIO plugins are built-in plugins, so I don't think Psycle supports them. But does it support VSTi and/or DXi plugins? There are countless 3rd Party VSTi and/or DXi plugins around the world, and only few of them are free of charge. The plugins are DLL files, or others...

FL STUDIO, in fact, supports most 3rd Party plugins, be they Instruments or Effects.

If you're interested in FL STUDIO, you can visit their official site and learn more about it.

But be warned, if you plan to download it, it'll come as a demo version, and most of its important plugins will also come as demo.

As for impact drums, make it however you wish ^^ I am quite curious to see how drums can be melded into Elven music.
Ahem... BOOM BADABOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM!

Just kidding...

And with your music creation talent, you might just single handedly give life to the sound forum, as well as provide an excellent service to the modding community.
You mean here? Well thanks, but no thanks. Brad.dude03 rules the music moderating here, not me.

But even so, there are some tiny problems. First I create musics for free, no cash needed. Second, the musics I create, are only useful for games. Me, I use them for my future games created with Multimedia Fusion 2. And third, my imaginations to create musics are very limited, because I fear that I might create a music that almost sounds the same, the real music creator would say: "Hey, that guy stole my song!" or other people would say: "Hmm, didn't I heard this music from somewhere?".

And I don't wish to trouble Brad.dude03. Like I've said, he understands musics more than I do.

Level 15
hey can OGG's be used in warcraft?
No, but they can be converted into MP3s, but that'll screw up the looping points. And WAV files would only make them too large.

<ANNOUNCEMENT>
Here's more five musics.

And Elenai, I'm not finished with the high elven music yet. Give me a couple of weeks. And FL STUDIO looks like this.

Attachments

• FL STUDIO Preview.jpg
    FL STUDIO Preview.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 425
  • TDGs_Musics_2.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Level 15
I just downloaded the part 2, I must say it is really outstanding, I like Canine_Desperation.mp3 the best.
Thanks, but don't forget the rest! They sound good too.

Canine_Desperation, like I've said, is dedicated to a very annoying dog that I have. Because when it sees a cat, an animal or a stranger, its voice emits an extreme high pitched loud whines and barks at the same time; because he wants to reach its target to bite!

And of course, the poor thing's got a bit of Pit Bull's blood and some random dog breed's blood. I don't know, I think he's a bit aggressive miniature Pit Bull.

Those whines and barks were so annoying that I've decided to make this music dedicated to him. It demonstrates how eager the dog is to reach its targets.

I've also got a female Husky dog, but she's more quieter than the little impish dog.

Level 15
Hmm. I might try audiosurfing these some time.
Hmm, no comments for my musics?

I've never heard of Audiosurfing. Is it some kind of space craft game that simulates musics?

Yeah, you've got some good shit in there. Some most definitely remind me of the sort of things they had for Unreal and Deus Ex; and that's a Very Good Thing.
Thanks for your comments.

Making these musics were very hard, took me months. And imagining new melodies these days are not easy. I might suspend my music productions if I don't come up with new melodies...

Level 15
Did you click the link? Basically it's a game that changes depending on your music.

Also woo electronica
_tardgrinn__by_InvaderZaeon.gif
Yeah, I did. It's awesome, and futuristic! But I haven't played yet, but I'll try it out later.

The game must have some sort of volume detecting engine system.

I bet the game would be much harder if I loaded a highly explosive music...

Oh yes. BYOB by System of a Down is pretty much the hardest song I've ever played. It's an intense song so the blocks come at you extremely fast :p

The most fun stuff I find is that with a good beat and different parts. Even though BYOB is hard, I only ever play it once in a while because it's almost too intense.

Your stuff sounds about right. Want me to youtube a song for ya?

Level 15
Oh yes. BYOB by System of a Down is pretty much the hardest song I've ever played. It's an intense song so the blocks come at you extremely fast :p

The most fun stuff I find is that with a good beat and different parts. Even though BYOB is hard, I only ever play it once in a while because it's almost too intense.
Well, I've got a very old music, probably an IT module file, that has a fast beat. It's called Dragon_Strikes_In.

Your stuff sounds about right. Want me to youtube a song for ya?
What do you mean? What song?

Sorry, I'm a bit confused...

Level 35
TDG...you music, you infact...are even more Epic than even I...

And take as long as you wish on the High Elf music ^^ With your talent, nay, your unreproachable skill, I can not wait to grace my elven ears with the result.

PS: the remix of wc2 intro...awe inspiring.

You have inspired me to make more music, I shall add this to my to do list, and I shall add you to my list of EPIC users. (in my mind)

Level 28

Echo/Ethereal style.

Wind instruments,

You forgot to quote harp! Oh god, I love harp.... that sounds pretty epic!
Do you consider this "Elven Music"?

Seriously, I've never seen a better song then this one:

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO4kl3-EQSw

Seriously, this rocks. This rocks so hard. If TDG can make a music like this one.... man, you're god!

Level 15
Hello again, my friends!

Sorry for having you all spooked, but I was over stressed, so I don't remember much about what happened to me. My family said that I've lost consciousness while I was eating lunch. The next thing I knew, I woke up in a bed, at the hospital.

I've made blood analysis and they've said that I've got to cut on the coffee and other things, so I guess it was both the stress and the tension. Luckily, I've stayed in the hospital for one day, just to rest. And now I'm back.

Yes, I gave my password to my sister so she could pass over the news, and I've noticed that when I got here today. I know it's not wise giving away passwords, but still...

Now, let me take a look at the following quotes.

TDG...you music, you infact...are even more Epic than even I...

And take as long as you wish on the High Elf music ^^ With your talent, nay, your unreproachable skill, I can not wait to grace my elven ears with the result.

PS: the remix of wc2 intro...awe inspiring.

You have inspired me to make more music, I shall add this to my to do list, and I shall add you to my list of EPIC users. (in my mind)
Thanks, Elenai. But you're still an Epic Master! I'm just an Epic Newbie.

The remix of WC2 Intro Music was kind of funny to compose, since I've always played WC2 for DOS for a long time.

TDG.... you are incredibly talented at making music. Bit of transquility is by far the best bit of amateur-made music i've heard in a long, long time.

I'm stickying this thread for sheer win. Make more soon!
Brad.dude03! I'm honored by your visit, and thanks for your words, these musics were not easy to make, so I've spent a long time making them.

Okay, I'll try making more musics, but I'm going to need more time, like months. Because they're not easy to make when I'm lacking melody imaginations...

I don't know if necroposting here would be wrong...

Ok this was a bit unexpected and random to occure. Probably will explain a lot though. Anyway I wish you a good recovery if this really did occure.
Thanks, Dr. Super Good. I may be recovered right now, but I've been through a terrible experience.

Sorry for asking my sister to post here, as her post doesn't look rather "musical".

By the way, your comments about my musics?

I hope our intense praise did not damage TDG...
No no no! It's not your fault, it's not anyone's fault!

Your praises were, in fact, well placed! And by the way...

<ANNOUNCEMENT>
Okay, now that I'm feeling better, let's get back on topic. Here's more four musics for your souls.

And Elenai, I've finished the music, it's called Elven_Events. But like I've said, I cannot guarantee if this sounds elven or not. It has 2 minutes and few seconds.

I've called it "events" because the music has four parts, try guessing those events...

Attachments

• TDGs_Musics_3.zip
    8 MB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Level 35
TDG, the elven music sounds quite elven actually, it lacks a little in some places with the flow, but the over all effect, (namely the choir and the beat) is elven indeed.

It has come to me, that your music inspires me, and any medieval/elven/angelic music would be worth more than its weight in mithril, our most precious elven metal.

I cannot wait for more masterpieces ^^

Level 15
TDG, the elven music sounds quite elven actually, it lacks a little in some places with the flow, but the over all effect, (namely the choir and the beat) is elven indeed.

It has come to me, that your music inspires me, and any medieval/elven/angelic music would be worth more than its weight in mithril, our most precious elven metal.

I cannot wait for more masterpieces ^^
Well, it's more or less. But still sounds quite good...

Sometimes I get some nice results when I mix things, like a super banana split, but only with instruments, effects, and music genre types.

More masterpieces will come sooner or later, I'm about to finish the Wacky_Zapper music. A bit morbid music but sounds wacky.

Mithril metal, like those in Oblivion, right?

Hmm, you think you can make some troll music, there Dark?
Like sort of reggae style, but mainly concentrated on drums and claps instead of other instruments.
Something like voodoo caveman music.

That would be interesting to hear.
Hmm, that would also be my first time, but I'll see what I can do.

Ha yes. This music is actually really good on audiosurf. Not too hard, lots of traffic... very nice :D
I think the Wacky_Zapper music might be a little bit challenging...

Level 15
The new musix are awesome as well :D
Thanks.

Hmm could you remix mozzard's requiem (Kyrie) to your style? I think it would own :D
If you dont know how kyrie sounds, either search for it, or I could make you a sample file of it in FL.

actually, do you know the music called "requieum of a dream"?

I always find it to loud, and clangy, but still a well made piece, perhaps you could make a remix of it?

Er... wouldn't remixing someone elses' known musics be against the authors' rights? I mean, if any of the authors notice their own melodies on my musics, they won't be very happy about it. They might just come out and run after me with their torches and pitchforks, ouch!

But if those musics are extremely obsolete, I might give it a shot. Anyway, I'll decide which music to remix and then I'll try to reshape it into some modern techno-a-like sounds...

<ANNOUNCEMENT>
Here's the so-called Wacky_Zapper, and the Orcish_Horde_Theme_SLOW_TEMPO for Frostwhisper. And Frostwhisper, I dunno if this sounds like reggae or not, so I've made this in a jiffy as a test.

Those were the last musics I've made. But more will be coming in the future. I will also be converting all of my old MOD, S3M, XM and IT modules into FL, and give them some retouches.

Attachments

• TDGs_Musics_4.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Level 35
Ah I see your point TDG ^^.

Oh, if it would not be too much trouble, could you (tell me/send me/link me), any free vst "choir" plug-ins you have knowledge of?

I have searched, and all I seem to find is Magnus which doesnt work on Psycle unfortunately.

I dont want to sound like a bum or a burden, but I would be most grateful to a fastly growing member of the modding community.

If you wish, you may Private Message them, I wanted to send this request in a PM...but I couldnt pm you.

Thankyou for your time and patience.

-Elenai the Epic-

And your last music set was quite gorgeous.