• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help Required; Enquire Within :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKG

DKG

Level 3
Hey guys, I've been working on my custom melee mod project alone for quite some time now but unfortunately I've hit something of a snag (university work > me), while I still have time to make it, the pace is quite slow. So I figured I might post here asking for help.

If you're at all interested in helping develop a balanced custom melee map with upwards of 4 new races (on top of the original 4), then you my friend, are perfect for the job.

So far progress has actually been pretty good, I've added 4 races (though somewhat incomplete) and the balance hasnt yet been torn to shit. From here I need some creative abilities implemented for the new race casters as well as some serious code tidying leakwise -_-.

The best bit about the project is no worrying about map size limit as all custom models make their way into the game through some wonderful war3xlocal.mpq abuse and basically, be totally creative (within some reason obviously).

So far I've added Fel Orcs, Naga, High Elves (could be blood elves too) and Nerubians (who currently have a very unique tech tree and playstyle).

I'd like to get these 4 set in stone before adding more, and this is gonna take a few new units/abilities for each as well some code tidying.

>Largely, I'm looking for spell/unit/hero creators.

>If anyone is up to terraining a 256x256 (or so) map for a melee setting (go nuts on the creep camps and neutral buildings) then I would absolutely love you (total creative control here, as long as it was ladder style you could do whatever you like).

>I know there alot of custom melee mods out there, and I'm not holding my hopes too high for a huge show of interest, but even a casual map maker can help here, alot of the stuff is unit editing in the object editor.

Attaching some screenies of WIP :D
If you're interested post here with details or something, we'll arrange something ;)

Attachments

• nerubian1.jpg
    nerubian1.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 177
  • highelf vs nerubian.jpg
    highelf vs nerubian.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 189
  • war3 2008-04-29 00-12-31-20.jpg
    war3 2008-04-29 00-12-31-20.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 178
  • felorc creeping.jpg
    felorc creeping.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 207
Level 28
Well my campaign seem to be standing still now so why not. I've done what I can to get my requests answered. If I get back on the line I'll balance my campaign with this.

I love making heroes and spells. I would like to suggest that you make goblins too. There are quite a good number of custom goblins here on hive and I have made a goblin race before. Allthough I'm not too good at playing melee maps but making them is another thing XD.

DKG

DKG

Level 3
Awesome :D

Goblins were on my list of potential further races (though possibly combined with trolls), however, if you wanted to design it, I'd be happy to add, or if you wanted to add it yourself, by all means be my guest :)

Do you have msn or something? We could discuss further :O:O

Level 12
Oh my lord, I love those models. And I love how you say "The best bit about the project is no worrying about map size limit as all custom models make their way into the game through some wonderful war3xlocal.mpq abuse and basically, be totally creative (within some reason obviously)."

I love abusing the mpqs. XD

I could help if you want. I'd love to help implement Goblins, seeing as you've brought an idea for that.
Hell, don't mix trolls with them. Goblins are robotic owners. Trolls are ritual beasts. They don't mix.
I know where a shitload of Goblin mods are and I'd love to help implement that race.
I've always been wanting to work on a huge custom melee mod. Can't wait.

Yes, my campaign group hasn't gotten to the terrain yet, and the site is fully updated, so I've been bored as of late.

I have AIM, so I could talk with you on that if you have it.

DKG

DKG

Level 3
Well with the decent level of interest this is getting, I may just turn this into a slightly more serious venture, possibly put up a website/alternative forum or something.

Any ideas are welcome btw, even if you're not really interested in joining to help out.

Level 6
Hi,
I would like to help you, too

My skill is:
-modelling (still learning)
-icon making
-mapping xD, I mean triggers, terrain and object editor knowledge

I made a Naga map a while ago, it was in altered mele map like this, with only 1 new race - naga. The map is german, but if you want to have a look at it, thas would be no problem. We could copy some things.

I already have some good ideas

Last edited:

DKG

DKG

Level 3
Right well, with something of a decent team, and some good solid progress, I'd like to inform everyone that we have a new forum: www.forkinthesocket.com/Forums

If you have any ideas for custom melee mod races/units, any at all, register and post em there :)

MY aim is to have a 2 new race beta out soon, with work on the nerubians suspended for lack of models, and work on the fel orcs suspended until i can get hold of thrikodius again.

So yeah, beta very soon, if you wanna help test, be part of the team or even just have ideas, register up and post em, I'm more than happy to take just about anyone onboard (there'll obviously be some quality control though ;))

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.