• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LF Terrainer for new ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm working on a new ORPG (The Veiled Throne ORPG) map for reforged, using all the new natives (e.g. mouse/keyboard/UI natives). I'm trying to make it feel like a top-down MMO style game. If reforged works well with 24 players, I'll probably add some 24-player boss raids as well, probably like WoW with 10-player and 24-player versions of the same bosses, since it'll probably be hard to get 24 people together for a boss.

So far, I've got some basic systems set up, such as custom quests, inventory, vendors, equipment, custom spell system, usable items, etc. I've shared an early demo below.

What I'm looking for is help with terraining. My terraining skills are pretty weak, and some of the terrain I've seen on here is quite amazing, I'll never really be able to put out anything like that. I'd love to have someone come on board and help with terrain, even if its only part of the map, like a dungeon or a zone or something.

Also looking for a UI designer, as my UI design is pretty average as well. I might end up buying some RPG UI pack as there are quite a few, but it would be neat if it was custom just for the game.

If you're interested, I've started a discord here: Join the The Veiled Throne ORPG Discord Server! where it updates with all my changes, and I post screenshots and stuff there. Pretty quiet right now though. Feel free to PM me or post on the thread as well if you're interested, whatever works.

Short demo of what I have so far:

RemorsefulRemoteBlobfish-size_restricted.gif

Full quality here: https://giant.gfycat.com/RemorsefulRemoteBlobfish.webm

Status
Not open for further replies.