• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Selection Systems

Level 21
As Tonks has left the Hive, I decided to recreate this tutorial.

Introduction:
This tutorial will show you various methods of hero selection systems.
Many AoS or orpg's use hero selection systems which allow you to pick a hero out of one of the various heroes available in the game. In this tutorial I'll try to explain as good as possible on how to create such a system.
A map will be attached with all triggers. They work so you can test them yourself.
Proceed to the Contents to see the index of this tutorial.
Every trigger is written in GUI (pro's: easy to understand for everybody, cons: possible lag) on the exception of a few custom scripts.

VERY IMPORTANT: these triggers have not been de-leaked. The thought behind this is that if you need a tutorial for something as simple as this, you probably don't bother about them anyway. In any way, you can check out a tutorial on leaks on this website to learn more about them.

Index:

wemap.gif
Hero Taverns
Description: If you ever played an AoS (such as Defence of the Ancients), you have certainly seen this system. Basically, you have a circle of power near a tavern. In this tavern you can select one of the various heroes. Every tavern can only sell up to 12 heroes, but you can add multiple taverns to your map ofcourse.
Important note: This system is slightly different from those seen in the AoS maps. In case you want to add randomize modes etc., I recommend you to download the DotA template at thehelper.net
Tut1.jpg

Recommended: Basic knowledge of both the trigger editor and the Object editor. Works well with 12 or more heroes.

Part 1: The Tavern Tutorial

The Object Data:

We will start with editing the necessary object data.

First, we create our first hero and we change the following values:
* Stats - Food Cost: 0
* Stats - Gold Cost: 0
* Stats - Lumber Cost: 0
* Stats - Stock Maximum: 1
* Stats - Stock Replenish Interval: 0
* Stats - Stock Start Delay: 0
We repeat this process for every hero in the game. In this tutorial, I'll do this to 4 heroes: The 4 human heroes.
Tut2.jpg

Next we will create a new Tavern. We create a new unit and base it on the Tavern. The unit is located under "Neutral, Building".
We change the following value:
Techtree - Units Sold: Add all heroes to this value. If you have more than 12 heroes, simply create a second tavern and repeat this tutorial after finishing it.
tut3.jpg

The Map Data:

You need to place the tavern you just made on your map. Now add circles of power (they're located in the unit palette under Neutral, Campaign) for every player and place them next to the tavern.
You must create a region (in the region palette) on the map where you want your heroes to spawn. I've named this region to "HeroSpawn".
tut 4.jpg

The Trigger Data:

Following Variables will be used in this tutorial:
NameTypeInitial ValueArray
Tavern1HeroesUnit-typeEmpty100
HeroChosenByPlayerBooleanFalse12
TempPointPointnono
You can open the Variable Editor by going to the trigger editor and pressing "Cntrl + B" or alternativelly going to "Edit, Variables".

First we create a new folder. Call it "Tavern Heroes".
We create a new trigger in this folder, we call it "Tavern Initialization".

This is how my trigger looks like:
  • Tavern Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Tavern1Heroes[1] = Paladin (Tavern)
      • Set Tavern1Heroes[2] = Archmage (Tavern)
      • Set Tavern1Heroes[3] = Mountain King (Tavern)
      • Set Tavern1Heroes[4] = Blood Mage (Tavern)
      • -------- If you wish to add more than 4 units to the Tavern, you must add them here. --------
This trigger will add my 4 hero-types to a variable. This will be used later. I have only made 4 heroes for this tutorial, in case you have more heroes, just repeat the actions for all heroes.

Now we need to create the trigger where you buy a hero and move it to the "HeroSpawn" region.

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
  • Conditions
    • And - All (Conditions) are true
      • Conditions
        • ((Sold unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
        • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
          • Conditions
            • (Selling unit) Equal to Tavern 0000 <gen>
First we add the events. This trigger will run whenever a unit (such as a tavern) sells another unit (such as a hero).
In the conditions we check if the SOLD unit is a hero, and if the SELLING unit is the tavern you placed on the map. If you have multiple taverns, you add those to the "OR - CONDITIONS".
For example: if I have multiple taverns, my trigger will be looking like this:
  • Events
  • Conditions
      • Conditions
          • Conditions
            • (Selling unit) Equal to Moon Tavern 0000 <gen>
            • (Selling unit) Equal to Sun Tavern 0001 <gen>
            • (Selling unit) Equal to Earth Tavern 0002 <gen>
Next, we will add actions. Right now, our trigger will run when a tavern sells a hero. So what should happen then?
We need to check if you already bought a hero. When you already bought a hero, you're not allowed to buy a second hero! We will instantly remove the second hero in the "Then - Actions".
If this is your first hero, you should buy the hero and instantly move it to "HeroSpawn", where you can start the game.

• Tavern Hero Chosen
    • Events
    • Conditions
        • Conditions
            • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Herochosenbyplayer[(Player number of (Owner of (Sold unit)))] Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Remove (Sold unit) from the game
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: You already chose a...
        • Else - Actions
          • Set Herochosenbyplayer[(Player number of (Owner of (Sold unit)))] = True
          • Unit - Move (Sold unit) instantly to (Center of HeroSpawn <gen>)
          • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Sold unit)) to (Center of HeroSpawn <gen>) over 1.00 seconds
          • Selection - Clear selection for (Owner of (Sold unit))
          • Selection - Add (Sold unit) to selection for (Owner of (Sold unit))
Wait a second. Right now everyone can buy the same hero. So every player will be able to play with for example a Paladin. Now, we probably do not want to see 12 Paladins fighting on the battlefield, do we? If we do, your trigger is finished. Else, go on with the tutorial.
So let's add the following action:
  • Actions
    • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
Thanks to this action, whenever someone buys a hero, this hero will no longer be available for all players.

Your final trigger should look like this:
  • Tavern Hero Chosen
    • Events
    • Conditions
        • Conditions
            • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: You already chose a...
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Move (Sold unit) instantly to (Center of HeroSpawn <gen>)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
          • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Sold unit)) to (Center of HeroSpawn <gen>) over 1.00 seconds
          • Selection - Clear selection for (Owner of (Sold unit))
          • Selection - Add (Sold unit) to selection for (Owner of (Sold unit))
Voila, I have explained how to create a Tavern. In the rest of this tutorial, I'll explain to you how to repick your hero and how to randomise it.

Part 2: Randomising
When randomising, you make the computer pick for you. In other words: you don't know what hero you'll be playing. Everything in the previous tutorial should be working already, as we will build on it.

The Object Data:

Go to the unit editor and select the Night Elf Wisp. We will edit this unit (or, in case you'll use a wisp in the game, create a new one based on it).
Following Values will be changed:
  • Abilities - Normal - none
  • Stats - Food Cost: 0
  • Stats - Gold Cost: 0
  • Stats - Lumber Cost: 0
  • Stats - Stock Maximum: 0
  • Stats - Stock Replenish Interval
  • Text - Name: Hero Chooser
  • Text - Tooltip - Basic : Hero Chooser
  • Text - Tooltip - Extended: Randomise your hero!
Make sure the "Stats - Stock start delay" is 0

Finally, add your "wisp" (a.k.a Hero Chooser) to your Tavern. Note that the tavern can only have 11 heroes now. If you use more heroes, add them to another tavern.

The Trigger Data:

We will make a trigger that runs whenever you "buy" a "Hero Chooser" unit.
  • Events
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Equal to Hero Chooser
In the actions, we will be REMOVING the "Hero Chooser" unit because ofcourse we do not wish to play with a wisp.
Next, we will create a random hero.
Ofcourse we NEED to check first if you already bought a hero before, so we will create an IF/THEN/ELSE action.
If you have not chosen a hero yet, you will do the "Then - Actions". In those actions we create a "Tavern1Heroes" (those you set up at the "Tavern Initialization" trigger at the start of the tutorial). In the array I'll put a RANDOM number between 1 and 4, because I have 4 heroes (the paladin, mountain king, archmage and bloodmage). If I have for example 6 heroes, I will but a RANDOM number between 1 and 6.
This is how the trigger looks like:
  • Actions
      • If - Conditions
        • Herochosenbyplayer[(Player number of (Owner of (Sold unit)))] Equal to False
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Create 1 Tavern1Heroes[(Random integer number between 1 and 4)] for (Owner of (Sold unit)) at (Center of HeroSpawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Else - Actions
        • Do nothing
Voila, that's it. Next in the tutorial? Repicking your hero.

Part 3: Repicking your hero.
In many games (such as DotA, I often refer to this not because I like it, but because everyone knows this map, at least by name) you can repick your hero after choosing it. Usually it randomises your hero. I will, for once, not randomise your hero and allow you to independantly choose a new hero.

The Map Data
We'll need another region centered on the Tavern. I'll call it "Tavern"

The Trigger Data:

We will need some more variables.

Name
TypeInitial ValueArray
PlayerRepickedBooleanFalse12
TempUnitGroupUnit Groupemptynone

Ok, so we want to be able to REPICK your hero. I'll make a trigger that repicks your hero when any player writes "-repick". Ofcourse, I will add conditions so ou cannot "repick" when you have not chosen a hero yet or when you ALREADY repicked.
  • Events
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
    • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
    • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
    • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
    • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
    • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
    • Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
    • Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
    • Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
    • Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
    • Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
    • Player - Player 12 (Brown) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
  • Conditions
      • Conditions
        • Herochosenbyplayer[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to True
        • PlayerRepicked[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to False
I will use the following action
  • Actions
    • Set TempUnitGroup = (Units owned by (Triggering player) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempUnitGroup and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
          • Loop - Actions
            • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Available for training/construction by (Picked player)
        • Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempUnitGroup)
so every player will be allowed to pick the hero you just removed.
The custom script is required for removing a memory leak.
Next, your hero should be removed from the game and you should be able to pick a new one.
  • Actions
    • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Triggering player)) + has repicked a hero!)
    • Set Herochosenbyplayer[(Player number of (Owner of (Sold unit)))] = False
    • Selection - Clear selection for (Triggering player)
    • Selection - Add Tavern 0000 <gen> to selection for (Triggering player)
    • Camera - Pan camera for (Triggering player) to (Center of Tavern <gen>) over 1.00 seconds
    • -------- If you only allow 1 repick per player, keep the action below --------
    • Set PlayerRepicked[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = True
    • -------- If you allow unlimited repicks per player, remove the action above --------
In total, you should have the following trigger:

• Tavern Hero Repick
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
      • Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
      • Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
      • Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
      • Player - Player 12 (Brown) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
    • Conditions
        • Conditions
          • Herochosenbyplayer[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to True
          • PlayerRepicked[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Set TempUnitGroup = (Units owned by (Triggering player) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempUnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • Loop - Actions
              • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Available for training/construction by (Picked player)
          • Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempUnitGroup)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Triggering player)) + has repicked a hero!)
      • Set Herochosenbyplayer[(Player number of (Owner of (Sold unit)))] = False
      • Selection - Add Tavern 0000 <gen> to selection for (Triggering player)
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Triggering player) to (Center of Tavern <gen>) over 1.00 seconds
      • -------- If you only allow 1 repick per player, keep the action below --------
      • Set PlayerRepicked[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = True
      • -------- If you allow unlimited repicks per player, remove the action above --------

Now, there is nothing as annoying as someone who repicks his hero in the middle of the game. So if we want to prohibit players from repicking your hero after e.g. 45 seconds, we add the following trigger:
  • Tavern Hero Repick disable
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 45.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off Tavern Hero Repick <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
That's it, I have said everything about hero repicking in Taverns.
If you have any questions or you'd like to add something to this tutorial, feel free to post.

wemap.gif
Circle of Power Heroes
In many RPG's you enter an area with many heroes standing on Circles of Power. Whenever a unit (usually a wisp) enters this Circle of Power, you gain your hero.
In my example I'll use the 4 Orc heroes.
tut6.jpg

The Map Data:
4 Circles of Power with 4 Orc heroes. 1 wisp in the middle of them.
1 region (HeroSpawn) where our heroes will spawn.

The Object Data:
I'll edit the wisp so it's no longer a wisp but just a unit used for selecting the hero.
The following values were changed:
  • Abilities - Normal - none
  • Techtree - structures build - nothing
  • Text - Name : Hero Chooser
tut 5.jpg

The Trigger Data:
Note: the following trigger needs to be made for EVERY selectable hero. In other words: I'll end up with 4 triggers, 1 for each hero. As they're very similar to each others, I'll only do this for 1 hero in the tutorial:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit comes within 100.00 of Blademaster 0012 <gen>
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Hero Chooser
This trigger will run whenever the "Hero Chooser" (our edited wisp) comes close to the Blademaster.
So what do we want this trigger to do? We want to create a Blademaster for the owner of the Hero Chooser.

• Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 Blademaster for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Center of HeroSpawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
This creates the Blademaster.
  • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
This removes the Hero Chooser from the game. We don't want him to select another hero again.
  • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of HeroSpawn <gen>) over 1.00 seconds
This pans the camera on your new Blademaster.
We turn off the trigger so the Blademaster cannot be chosen by another player.

So this is how my final trigger looks like:
  • CoP Blademaster
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 100.00 of Blademaster 0012 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Hero Chooser
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Blademaster for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Center of HeroSpawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of HeroSpawn <gen>) over 1.00 seconds
This needs to be repeated for every hero in the game.

That's it.

wemap.gif
Dialog Menu
In some RPG's, a dialog pops up at startup. In this dialog you have various options to choose your hero.
A Dialog can have unlimitted buttons, but you'll only see about max. 8 a the same time on 1 screen. Therefor, it's not recommended to use this system with many heroes. However, we can make a dialog with MULTIPLE pages. If you have many heroes, I suggest you read this tutorial and read continue on the "Extended Dialog" tutorial. However, if you're only using about 6 heroes in your map, this tutorial is what you're looking for.
Please note that you can test this dialog system in the attached map by typing "-dialog". As this is a testing map, it would've been annoying if it showed up at startup.

Recommended:
Basic Triggering Knowledge. If you know anything of dialogs, this tutorial might even be unnecessary for you.

The Map Data:
I need a region named "HeroSpawn". My hero will spawn here after selecting it.

The Trigger Data:

Following Variables are used:
DialogDialognonenone
DialogDeathKnightDialog Buttonnonenone
DialogDreadlordDialog Buttonnonenone
DialogLichDialog Buttonnonenone
DialogCryptLordDialog Buttonnonenone

In this example I use 4 heroes again. For every hero, you'll need to create a variable such as the "DialogDeathKnight" variable.
You can open the Variable Editor by going to the trigger editor and pressing "Cntrl + B" or alternativelly going to "Edit, Variables".

We will need to create a new folder in the trigger editor. I name mine "Dialog Heroes".

The first trigger will be called "Dialog Initialization"
The event is obvious:
  • Events
    • Game - Elapsed game time is equal to 0.5 seconds
The actions:
  • Dialog - Change the title of Dialog to Select your hero
This will change the title of your dialog into "Select your hero".
  • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog labelled Death Knight
  • Set DialogDeathKnight = (Last created dialog Button)
Through this action, you add a new dialog button to your dialog, and you give it a name. I named mine "Death Knight".
In order to recognise this button, I need to add the second action (Set DialogDeathKnight = (Last created dialog Button)).
For every hero I have I must repeat those 2 actions.

Finally, I must show this dialog to every player, this will be done in the one but last action.

As I have 4 Heroes, this is how my trigger looks like:
  • Dialog Initialization
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -dialog as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Dialog - Change the title of Dialog to Select your hero
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog labelled Death Knight
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog labelled Dreadlord
      • Set DialogDreadLord = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog labelled Lich
      • Set DialogLich = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Dialog labelled Crypt Lord
      • Set DialogCryptLord = (Last created dialog Button)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Dialog - Show Dialog for (Picked player)
Right now I have made a dialog that works. However, nothing will happen when I press one of the buttons.
In order to make a button work, I need to create the following trigger:

• Dialog Death Knight
    • Events
      • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for Dialog
    • Conditions
      • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to DialogDeathKnight
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Death Knight for (Triggering player) at (Center of HeroSpawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Triggering player) to (Center of HeroSpawn <gen>) over 1.00 seconds
The previous trigger will create a Death Knight when you press the "Death Knight" button on the dialog. I must copy this trigger for every hero I have added to the dialog.

In fact, this is all I have to do.
Check the attached map for the triggers in detail. As said at the start of this tutorial, you can test this dialog by typing "-dialog".

wemap.gif
Extended Dialog Menu
This is a dialog that takes place over multiple pages, allowing you to see many options on 1 screen.
In my example, I'll allow you to choose between one of the 4 undeath heroes or 1 of the 4 NE heroes.
It's recommended that you read the previous tutorial too.

The Map Data:
I'll need a region called "HeroSpawn". In here, my chosen hero will spawn.

The Trigger Data:

Following Variables were used:
EDialog1Dialognonenone
EDialog2Dialognonenone
DialogDeathKnightDialog Buttonnonenone
DialogDreadlordDialog Buttonnonenone
DialogLichDialog Buttonnonenone
DialogCryptLordDialog Buttonnonenone
DialogPriestessDialog Buttonnonenone
DialogDruidDialog Buttonnonenone
DialogWardenDialog Buttonnonenone
DialogDemonHunterDialog Buttonnonenone
DialogPageNEDialog Buttonnonenone
DialogPageUDDialog Buttonnonenone

• Extended Dialog Initialization
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -extendeddialog as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Initializing Undeath Page --------
      • Dialog - Change the title of EDialog1 to Select Undeath Hero...
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for EDialog1 labelled Death Knight
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for EDialog1 labelled Dreadlord
      • Set DialogDreadLord = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for EDialog1 labelled Lich
      • Set DialogLich = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for EDialog1 labelled Crypt Lord
      • Set DialogCryptLord = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for EDialog1 labelled Next Page
      • Set DialogPageNE = (Last created dialog Button)
      • -------- Initializing Night Elf Page --------
      • Dialog - Change the title of EDialog2 to Select Night Elf He...
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for EDialog2 labelled Priestess of the Moon
      • Set DialogPriestess = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for EDialog2 labelled Druid of the Grove
      • Set DialogDruid = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for EDialog2 labelled Demon Hunter
      • Set DialogDemonHunter = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for EDialog2 labelled Warden
      • Set DialogWarden = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for EDialog2 labelled Previous Page
      • Set DialogPageUD = (Last created dialog Button)
      • -------- Showing the Dialog --------
        • Loop - Actions
          • Dialog - Show EDialog1 for (Picked player)
This trigger is similar to the Dialog Initialization in the previous tutorial.
However, there are some differences: In this trigger I create TWO dialogs instead of one, each with 4 buttons. At the end of the trigger, I show the FIRST dialog of the 2 I've made.
Note that for every page you want your dialog to have, you actually need to create a new dialog variable and new actions in this trigger.
There is another change too:

• Actions
    • Dialog - Create a dialog button for EDialog1 labelled Next Page
    • Set DialogPageNE = (Last created dialog Button)
  • Actions
    • Dialog - Create a dialog button for EDialog2 labelled Previous Page
    • Set DialogPageUD = (Last created dialog Button)
As you can see, an additional button is added to the dialog. It's named "Next Page" or "Previous Page". This will be explained later.

For Each hero in both dialogs, you need to make a new trigger (just like the ones made in the previous tutorial). In my example I use the Death Knight.
  • Extended Dialog Death Knight
    • Events
      • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for EDialog1
    • Conditions
      • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to DialogDeathKnight
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Death Knight for (Triggering player) at (Center of HeroSpawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Triggering player) to (Center of HeroSpawn <gen>) over 1.00 seconds
Remember: You NEED this trigger for every hero that is mentioned in the 2 dialogs. As I have 8 heroes (4 for every dialog page), I'll need 8 triggers, similar to this one.

Now, let's go back to the "Next Page" and "Previous Page" button. Right now it doesn't work yet.
What we'll need to do is make a trigger that runs whenever you click the "previous page" or "next page" button. The event & Condition is similar to the above trigger.

• Extended Dialog UD
    • Events
      • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for EDialog2
    • Conditions
      • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to DialogPageUD
    • Actions
      • Dialog - Show EDialog1 for (Triggering player)
In the actions, I'll tell the trigger to show one of the 2 dialogs. In other words: when I click "Previous Page", I'll go back to the Undeath page.
  • Extended Dialog NE
    • Events
      • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for EDialog1
    • Conditions
      • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to DialogPageNE
    • Actions
      • Dialog - Show EDialog2 for (Triggering player)
Thanks to this 2nd trigger, when I click "Next Page", I'll open the NE page.

That's it. I've explained how to browse through multiple pages of a dialog system.
Dialogs are quite powerful. While I have explained how to make a hero selection system, you can also use the Dialog system for other things, such as selecting your race, selecting what weapon you wish to equip, etc. etc.

wemap.gif
Clicking/Doubleclicking.
Although this is not a very popular method, it's quite easy to implement and use.
Basically, this is how the system works: In front of you are a few heroes. By clicking on them a description pops up, and by double clicking you select the hero.
In my example I'll use the 8 neutral heroes.

The Map Data:
I'll need to create 8 neutral heroes (close to each others) somewhere on the map. Next, I must make sure that you can select them. Therefor, I must make sure you can actually SEE the 8 heroes. To do this, one of my units needs to be near those heroes. In my example, I'll simply create a sentry ward near them.
Next, I'll need a region where my hero will spawn. I call it "HeroSpawn".

The Trigger Data:

These are the variables used:
Selectedunitunit-typeno unit12
SelectionHeroSelectedBooleanFalse12

We'll only need ONE trigger.
Basically, we need to check if a unit is selected. However, this trigger can only run when you have NOT chosen a hero yet and when the selected unit is one of the 8 neutral heroes I've placed on the map.
  • Events
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    • Player - Player 2 (Blue) Selects a unit
  • Conditions
      • Conditions
        • SelectionHeroselected[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to False
          • Conditions
            • (Triggering unit) Equal to Alchemist 0019 <gen>
            • (Triggering unit) Equal to Tinker 0020 <gen>
            • (Triggering unit) Equal to Naga Sea Witch 0021 <gen>
            • (Triggering unit) Equal to Beastmaster 0022 <gen>
            • (Triggering unit) Equal to Dark Ranger 0026 <gen>
            • (Triggering unit) Equal to Firelord 0027 <gen>
            • (Triggering unit) Equal to Pandaren Brewmaster 0028 <gen>
            • (Triggering unit) Equal to Pit Lord 0029 <gen>
SelectionHeroSelected is a Boolean variable. Whenever this variable becomes "True", you have selected a hero. In other words: we only want this trigger to run when you have not selected a hero yet.

In our actions we'll have to check if the player has already clicked the unit. If that's true, a hero should be created (as you double-clicked the hero). Else, a description will pop up

• Actions
      • If - Conditions
        • (Triggering unit) Equal to SelectedUnit[(Player number of (Triggering player))]
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) for (Triggering player) at (Center of HeroSpawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        • Set SelectionHeroselected[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = True
      • Else - Actions
        • Set SelectedUnit[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Triggering unit)
        • Wait 1.50 seconds
        • Set SelectedUnit[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = No unit
As you can see, we have an "IF/THEN/ELSE" action. In the "IF - conditions" we check if the selected unit is the same unit as the LAST selected unit. If this is true, "Then - actions" will be executed. else, the "Else - actions" will be executed.
In the "Then - actions" we will create a unit of the SELECTED unit type. We also set "SelectionHeroselected" equal to true so you won't be able to select a 2nd hero.
In the "Else - actions" we will set the LAST selected unit (SelectedUnit[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) to the unit you just selected. This way, the next time you select a unit, the computer will remember what unit you selected the last time.
In the Else actions we'll also put the description of the selected unit. For example:
    • If - Conditions
    • Then - Actions
      • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: The Pandaren Brewmaster...
    • Else - Actions
      • Do nothing
This is how my final trigger looks like:
  • Selection Heroes
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
        • Conditions
          • SelectionHeroselected[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to False
            • Conditions
              • (Triggering unit) Equal to Pit Lord 0029 <gen>
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Triggering unit) Equal to SelectedUnit[(Player number of (Triggering player))]
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) for (Triggering player) at (Center of HeroSpawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set SelectionHeroselected[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = True
        • Else - Actions
          • Set SelectedUnit[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Triggering unit)
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: The Alchemist: War...
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                • Then - Actions
                  • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: The Tinker: Cunnin...
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: The Sea Witch: Mys...
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: The Beastmaster: W...
                        • Else - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                            • Then - Actions
                              • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: The Dark Ranger: C...
                            • Else - Actions
                                • If - Conditions
                                • Then - Actions
                                  • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: The Firelord: Myst...
                                • Else - Actions
                                    • If - Conditions
                                    • Then - Actions
                                      • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: The Pandaren Brewma...
                                    • Else - Actions
                                      • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: The Pit Lord: Warr...
          • Wait 1.50 seconds
          • Set SelectedUnit[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = No unit
That's it.

Attachments

• Tutorial.w3x
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,821
Last edited:
Level 21
wemap.gif
Next/Previous Hero clicking
The following tutorial has been taken directly from Tonks.

Difficulty: Moderate
Note: This is not a good idea if you have more than 8-12 heroes.
This is not a very common method of hero selection. In fact, I've only ever seen it used in the Blizzard map Azeroth Grand Prix. I used it myself in one of my maps.
Essentially what this system entails is having a unit that has several abilities; Next, Previous, and an ability with the icon of the Hero. When you click Next, it locks your camera to the next hero in line, and when you click Previous it locks your camera to the previous hero. Then when you click the ability with the Hero's icon, it selects that hero.

Variables:
- HeroSelector - Unit Array Variable - Size 12
- HeroSelectAbil - Ability Array Variable - Size 12 (Initial Value set to your first hero)
- L - Point Variable

Abilities:
- You will need an ability for every hero. The ability should be named after the hero and should have the same icon as the hero.
- Next - Should be based off an ability easily modified to do nothing.
- Previous - Should be based off an ability easily modified to do nothing, but should not be based off the same ability as "Next."

Units:
- You will need one of each of your heroes (preferably in a line) owned by Neutral Passive.
- You will need one Hero Selector unit for each player. Should have the Abilities Next, Previous, and the ability corresponding to the first hero.

Triggers:
  • View Previous
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Previous
    • Actions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Remove HeroSelectAbil[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] from (Triggering unit)
      • If - Conditions
        • HeroSelectAbil[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to Dwarves
      • Then - Actions
        • Set HeroSelectAbil[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = Panda
        • Camera - Lock camera target for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to Panda 0040 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
        • Unit - Add HeroSelectAbil[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] to (Triggering unit)
        • Skip remaining actions
      • Else - Actions
      • If - Conditions
        • HeroSelectAbil[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to Clubz
      • Then - Actions
        • Set HeroSelectAbil[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = Dwarves
        • Camera - Lock camera target for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to Dwarves 0037 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
        • Unit - Add HeroSelectAbil[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] to (Triggering unit)
        • Skip remaining actions
      • Else - Actions
      • If - Conditions
        • HeroSelectAbil[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to Muskles
      • Then - Actions
        • Set HeroSelectAbil[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = Clubz
        • Camera - Lock camera target for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to Ice T 0036 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
        • Skip remaining actions
      • Else - Actions
  • Events
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Previous
Runs this trigger when an ability is cast, but only if it is the "Previous" Ability.

• Unit - Remove HeroSelectAbil[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] from (Triggering unit)
Removes the ability that is assigned to HeroSelectAbil for that player.

• If - Conditions
    • HeroSelectAbil[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to Dwarves
  • Then - Actions
    • Set HeroSelectAbil[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = Panda
    • Camera - Lock camera target for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to Panda 0040 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
This checks if the HeroSelectAbil variable is set to the Dwarves ability. If it is, it sets it to the Panda ability, Locks the camera to the Panda unit, and adds the Panda ability to the unit.

• Skip remaining actions
This is in there to make sure that it doesn't continue the function.

The rest of the trigger is repetitive, and does not need to be explained.

• View Next
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Next
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • HeroSelectAbil[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to Panda
        • Then - Actions
          • Set HeroSelectAbil[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = Dwarves
          • Camera - Lock camera target for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to Dwarves 0037 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Set HeroSelectAbil[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = Clubz
          • Camera - Lock camera target for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to Ice T 0036 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions
As you can tell, the Next trigger is just the same as the Previous trigger, in reverse.

• Pick Cart
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Hero Selection
        • Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Panda
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Bonez
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Clubz
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Dwarves
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Fatty
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Muskles
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Priest
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Revenant
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Spirit
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Tinker
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Troll
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Set L = (Random point in Team1Spawn <gen>)
          • Unit - Create 1 Bonez for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at L facing Default building facing degrees
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_L)
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Ice T for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at L facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dwarves for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at L facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Fatty for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at L facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Muskles for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at L facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Panda for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at L facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Priest for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at L facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Revenant for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at L facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Toad for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at L facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Tinker for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at L facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Troll for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at L facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions
      • Camera - Apply Camera 002 <gen> for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) over 0.00 seconds
This trigger creates the unit corresponding to the clicked ability.

• Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Hero Selection
      • Conditions
Checks if the triggering unit is the Hero Selection unit and if the cast Ability is any of the abilities corresponding to the heroes.

• If - Conditions
    • Then - Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Bonez for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at L facing Default building facing degrees
Checks if the ability being cast is the ability corresponding to the Bonez hero. If it is, it creates 1 Bonez at a random point in the Team1Spawn region.

Note: "Set L = ..." and "call RemoveLocation(udg_L)" are used to avoid a memory leak in this trigger.

Last but not least you'll want to have a trigger that sets the Hero Selectors.

• HeroSelectors
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set HeroSelector[1] = Hero Selection 0012 <gen>
      • Set HeroSelector[2] = Hero Selection 0013 <gen>
      • Set HeroSelector[3] = Hero Selection 0014 <gen>
      • Set HeroSelector[4] = Hero Selection 0015 <gen>
      • Set HeroSelector[5] = Hero Selection 0011 <gen>
      • Set HeroSelector[6] = Hero Selection 0017 <gen>
      • Set HeroSelector[7] = Hero Selection 0016 <gen>
      • Set HeroSelector[8] = Hero Selection 0020 <gen>
      • Set HeroSelector[9] = Hero Selection 0019 <gen>
      • Set HeroSelector[10] = Hero Selection 0018 <gen>
      • Set HeroSelector[11] = Hero Selection 0021 <gen>
      • Set HeroSelector[12] = Hero Selection 0022 <gen>
This sets the HeroSelector variables according to their arrays. "HeroSelector[1]" is set to Red's Hero Selector unit, "HeroSelector[2]" is set to Blue's, etc..

P.s. Note from Poster: I might rewrite this tutorial

Thanks for reading my tutorial!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 21
yeah I wanted to deleak everything but then I decided I had enough work already and it wouldn't leak alot anyway, but I'll fix that.
the
  • [/code] error wasn't made by me, but then again, I'll fix it.
  • why exactly should I get rid of the "do nothings"? I know it works without them, but I like to play safe...

Level 40
why exactly should I get rid of the "do nothings"? I know it works without them, but I like to play safe...
They make the code a bit slower (heck, they take more processing time than Sin, but then again almost every GUI function does) and they do... nothing. They were originally intended (So it seems) to fill the 'else' (or the 'then') of an If/Then/Else (the kind without multiple conditions) that required something in both fields.

yeah I wanted to deleak everything but then I decided I had enough work already and it wouldn't leak alot anyway, but I'll fix that.
I don't think it's mandatory to (just preferrable, unless the leaks are really bad), so take your time if you want to. Or, you can do something like wyrmlord then, and not remove any leaks but link to a tutorial explaining about them, thus not going off the focus of the topic (getting people scratching their heads over RemoveLocations and stuff), and yet still providing means to deal with the problem. However, in that case, you should probably never remove the leaks, or that method is sort of pointless.

Level 29
There are better ways to make some of the stuff here (for example, you can use a arrayed string variable instead of each for each hero, a second example would be the changing directions, its easier to make when a player clicks the left/right/up/down arrows), but very nice and detailed.

Level 1
Hey thanks for this it have helped me, but i need help. I cant seem to find theese Triggers :
Set Tavern1Heroes[1] = Paladin (Tavern)
Set Tavern1Heroes[2] = Archmage (Tavern)
Set Tavern1Heroes[3] = Mountain King (Tavern)
Set Tavern1Heroes[4] = Blood Mage (Tavern)
In Tavern Initialization. Please help me with this. Yeah im noobish but still .

The click/double click

Else - Actions
Set SelectionHeroSelected[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = ((Triggering unit) is selected by (Triggering player))
Wait 1.50 seconds
Set SelectedUnit[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = No unit

how do i get the Set SelectionHeroSelected[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = ((Triggering unit) is selected by (Triggering player)) to be just triggering unit behind the =?:bored::bored:
send a pm/email

Last edited:
Level 2
Rep given, I think this is exactly what I'm looking for, And if not, Gives me lots of choices. Thank you very much

Level 3
Thanks SO much for the Dialog selection thingy!
It's JUST what I wanted, now if only someone would take the time to post a save/load code trigger tutorial, I haven't seen ANY.
Thank you though, this will help me move through my map process a whole lot faster, even if it is not a popular map, I hope it will be. I'm making it difficult, but easy enough to be player friendly :)
Support my map when it comes out please :)
My WC3 Name is PlayersFear, I play in U.S.West and U.S.East (mostly East)
Thanks Again (3rd time :p)
I'ma go test it out now :D

Last edited:
Level 1
Nice tutorial......:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:
very useful.....:thumbs_up:

But, can u tell me how to make all other unit than the selected get removed from the tavern for the owner of (sold unit).. coz it's still stuck in that tavern...

Woops.. almost forgot!!! +rep

Level 1
Question

Vey good Tutorial but I search for a trigger that allow user (computer user) choose a random hero from tavern automatically after 35 seconds (without typing any chat massage)
if you know this please write this trigger for me in this page!

Level 3
Excellent Tutorial

This tutorial is one of the best I have ever seen. If I were a mod, and it was up to me wether this was aproved or not, I wouldn't hesitate. +rep :thumbs_up:

Level 1
Just to save everyones buts, you can at least put:
Name: DialogButton
Type: Dialog Button
Array Size:[Number of heroes you want]
Your tutorial is perfect, but its realy complicated, just like me and spelling-47.50 grade

Edit:Frogot to give +rep

Level 1
Help needed!

I Really just started World editor and tried to do the Hero Tavern and im stuck here.

I got no idea how to do this:
(Selling unit) Equal to Tavern 0000 <gen>

And for the hero part:

I dont seem to have the (Tavern) word behind it. i only got the name.
Really need help, totally new to this.
Thanks alot :)

Level 2
Okay, i used dialogs for my hero picking i have a random bottom but ive tested it always picked the same unit can you plz put the trigger layout for a random hero pick dialog botton plzz ^_^

Level 8
Good job :thumbs_up:

:infl_thumbs_up: nice coverage of alot of possible hero selections, i guess i should have followed the tutorial earlier because i was doing all kind of weird :ugly:stuff to make my hero selection operateble....

(i made a power circle buy a certain item and depending on item bought it would create a unit and delete buying unit.. pretty much the same as your tavern except its with items ^^ )

+rep given 5/5

Last edited:
Level 1
Extended Dialog Menu

first i have to say... realy great and nice tutorial! :thumbs_up:

i start working with the worldeditor/triggering this week and i can follow your tutorial quite easy & everything is clear :grin: (well i read other basic tutorials first... like how to start triggers ect. but i think thats clear)

:fp: Good Job!!! & get it up

but i find a bug in the extended dialog menu, maybe someone could help me with that ?:confused:

if you test the extended dialog menu -> click on "Next Page", everything should be fine atm... but if you klick now on "Previous Page" the titel dialog of "EDialog1" will disappear. in this order now also the titel of "EDialog2" will disappear if you klick agan on "Next Page"!

i used some more stages like edialog1-8, probably all the titels disappear if i go back to the "main-stage"... i used the titels for herodiscripion & it quit sucks that i can only read them one time...

hope someone can help me with my problem :cry:

iam quit a noob... pls remember that :wink:

Level 6
Hi also want to say that i cant find the circle of power...i can only find it if im in neutral passive and not in any player (color) pls tell me why :(

Level 6
I Really just started World editor and tried to do the Hero Tavern and im stuck here.

I got no idea how to do this:
(Selling unit) Equal to Tavern 0000 <gen>

And for the hero part:

I dont seem to have the (Tavern) word behind it. i only got the name.
Really need help, totally new to this.
Thanks alot :)

thats quite simple i think...all you need to do (well i guess so this is what i did) is change the name and add (tavern) to the names of the heroes :D

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Great and simple to implement double click system. +rep

You need to change one thing though:

SelectUnit is not unit-type variable, but unit variable. I'm sure you meant that but still

Level 7
Being the noob that I am at triggering, I can't find the
trigger. Can anyone help?

Level 1
base.gif
Tavern Initialization
  • joinminus.gif
    events.gif
    Events
    • line.gif
      joinbottom.gif
      folder.gif
      Map initialization
  • join.gif
    cond.gif
    Conditions
  • joinbottomminus.gif
    actions.gif
    Actions
    • empty.gif
      join.gif
      set.gif
    • empty.gif
      join.gif
      set.gif
    • empty.gif
      join.gif
      set.gif
    • empty.gif
      join.gif
      set.gif
This doesn't work, something is missing from the tutorial. I've got my tavern set up with a hero that is buyable (testet ingame), and I got the variable Tavern1Heroes right, but I can't point to a hero. When I open up the tutorial map it's there, but when I open my own map the option to pick (fx.) Paladin is just simply not there. What gives?

Level 1
Xin lỗi tôi đã đăng bài viết này nhưng thành thật tôi đang mong đợi các PRO chỉ có thể giúp đỡ với WE, nó không hoạt động cho người chơi 2- người chơi9, xin vui lòng cho tôi biết vấn đề này, cảm ơn mọi người đã lắng nghe! !!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 678
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 649
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 664
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 642
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 666
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 655
Level 3
Not sure if this board is still active or not,but i am using the tavern and repick selections but am using about 9 different taverns. All the taverns work correctly but the repicking is what im having an issue with. When i go to repick, some taverns dont function correctly when i repick. I cant buy a champ from certain taverns. But i pick one from another then repick again and then the tavern that wasnt working starts working again but adiff one doesnt work. Also sometimes certain heroes are not selectable during repick. Any thoughts?

I feel it may have something to do with the selection triggers but not sure. Pic linked to post.

Attachments

• Repick.PNG
    Repick.PNG
    44.4 KB · Views: 499