• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Save-Cachés and Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Say I store an integer variable in a caché, and I want to be able to move it around to different map versions. Would that be possible?

If you don't quiet understand what I mean, this is sort of what I mean: I saved 150 points (wood/integer) as a Stored Integer in version 1.0. I created 1.1. Now my question is, would I be able to load that integer in 1.1?

On that topic, does anyone have a save system I could possible borrow. :)

Level 6
Well you could save data into the catch, but you cant load its if your playing online and change the map (means end game join/start another game) in singleplayer that should work.

Well an save/load sys is a bunch of work, the best way to get an fitting system is to do it youself. For example i did an savesys which can save up to 4.000.000xp and an checksum in an code like this xyxyxy-xyxyxy. If you want to save items you need an mutch longer code.

Level 3
Thanks, but all I want is just to move an integer, so maybe a few other people could tell me (I took the oppinion of 1 person one time, just 1 person, it led to horrible turns).

So the question again is, can I move an integer from map to map via caché? Like v1.0 to v1.1 and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.