• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Transition and Game Cache problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Please, gods of the trigger section, heed my call!
I have been ripping my hair over this for 4 hours now, and made little progress, but now I have stopped completely.

• FCK THIS SHT
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Transfer Region SS <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set ClearedSubmap = 1
      • Game Cache - Store (Player 1 (Red) Current gold) as G of Integer in GameCache
      • Game Cache - Store (Player 1 (Red) Current lumber) as L of Integer in GameCache
      • Game Cache - Store CharHealthLevel as CHL of Integer in GameCache
      • Game Cache - Store CharDamage as CD of Real in GameCache
      • Game Cache - Save GameCache
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Load G of Integer from GameCache)))
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Load L of Integer from GameCache)))
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Load CHL of Integer from GameCache)))
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Load CD of Real from GameCache)))
      • Game Cache - Reload all game cache data from disk
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Load G of Integer from GameCache)))
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Load L of Integer from GameCache)))
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Load CHL of Integer from GameCache)))
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Load CD of Real from GameCache)))
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Player 1 (Red) Current gold)))
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Player 1 (Red) Current lumber)))
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String(CharHealthLevel))
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String(CharDamage))
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Game - Save game as W\Q0.w3z and change level to WardenSS.w3x (Skip scores)
So in this trigger there are lots of "display text" functions. This is what I used to find what the hell was not working with my transition trigger.

If the values stored would have been stored correctly, the texts would have displayed that no?
But they don't! That is what I need help with. Why does the cache refuse to store those values?

Here is the campaign if you want to check the triggers yourself.
The transition is happening between in the two last maps in the map list of the campaign, "WardenC1" and "WardenSS".

Last edited:

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
You did not create the game cache before using it. No trigger that creates it would run. Init was disabled and INITIATION did not run because of the condition. I enabled Init and it worked. So you should create the game cache and save the variable to it.

Level 26
Thanks a bunch man!

Could you help me out further? It seems like my brain have stopped working.
When I go back from the desert map (enter "qwe" as a chat string to do that), my stats from that map is not loaded. This time the data goes into the cache in the end of the desert map, but it does not reappear in the forest again?
Here is a smaller filesize version of the campaign: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/pastebin/184f6f012fa8e4d164af945d430a2ea99645/

EDIT: Never mind that!
My brain rebooted and realized I needed the "When a saved game is laoded instead of "map init"

Thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.