• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTN, DISBTN, PASBTN, DISPASBTN... where are they used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
kinda you wasted your time ...
Well, I was helping someone, so i didn't waste my time at all

my tutorial ALREADY has that ...
It doesn't
i'm not writting about Creating, Editing, Importing or Fixing icon
i'm just showing where each one is used with a simple map
so each people is able to see which ones are required in his work

According to the rules you can't post tutorials with the same subject other have .. i am afraid you will have to delete this one ..
1 - you're not the one who can decide that
2 - your tutorial isn't approved
3 - your tutorial contain things already said in other tutorials, so... According to the rules you can't post tutorials with the same subject other have .. i am afraid you will have to delete this one ..

PS: stop be so fancy... even if your tutorial is good, it doesn't allow you to dépreciate other peoples work... (and please remove you pseudo from the title, it really sounds... noob)

Level 9
i have that explained in the importing section of my tutorial
what exactly is "that"?
i think you don't understand the aim of this topic...
i'm not writting about "how to import icons" (path is just a reminder)
i'm just posting a map where you can see where each kind is used
you can't explain that, it can only by showed (HS: that's not in "ed" i guess ^^')
have you dl the map and lauch it at least?
EDIT: you don't, it's written beside in fact: 0 views ^^'

PS: and you can attach the map to your own tuto if you want

Level 32
Level 9
Oh, btw, tutorials should probably be a bit longer (try to find another related subject to expand the content with or somesuch)
As said by Flame_Phoenix, the "longer" have already be written
i could simply upload the map in the map page, but there is no "tutorial map" section.

but maybe we can think about a "learning map" generic post where every body can post his "how does it work" map
(sample: mine of course, a map with just a spellbook, a dummy simple TD with all required trigger, an arrow moving unit, etc etc)
sometime, a simple exemple is more clear than many explainations

PS: you didn't dl the map too, you need to understant that it's the map wich aim to help people, it's not about repathing, that's just a parenthesis

The subject matter of BTN, DISBTN, PASBTN, DISPASBTN... where are they used?
is already thoroughly covered in
WHERE, not HOW...
i'm not english, but even for me, the difference is clear...
this map is not for people who simply want to import icon
it's for people who want to make only required ones
if you prefer, we can title it "where exactly the game use them?"

ButtonManagement.w3x (36.8 KB, 0 views)
... will you dl the map or not???
dl it, test it, and you will understand its use

and if you continue asking me to expand my tuto, that's useless, just attach the map to an existing one

i should remove all the text from the post, so you will maybe dl and test the map -_-

Last edited:
You guys really missed the point of this.
This can't be count as a 'Tutorial' more as a Sample Map to show where and when each Button is used InGame by WarCraft.
YoshiRyu is right. It IS a four icon system.

The icon you say is a DISPASBTN could also be DISBTN... DISPASBTN and DISBTN looks the same...

But for the sake of knowing if I'm right or wrong (and I probably am wrong), I'll check...

EDIT: Ok. I thought it was three icon system, since all the DISPASBTN'S looked exactly like the DISBTN's. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Level 9
EDIT: Ok. I thought it was three icon system, since all the DISPASBTN'S looked exactly like the DISBTN's.
Yes, blizzard had probably wanted to let themself the ability to have different disabled icon for active and passive skill, but they finally didn't use it

Or maybe, in a first time, they were using DISBTN (not PAS) wich keep the border, and in a second time, they had realised that a button with a border, even if it is darker, doesn't look disabled

In each case, they let the four button system, and even if it's a few stupid, we are now binded to duplicate the same icon for DISBTN and DISPASBTN.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
No problem, you're the origin of this map ;)

Level 9
and how do you convert a sample map in a text?
what do you wan't me to write???

add a sample map section
cause they're is nothing to write about this map
nothing but "launch it to see where each kind of button is used by the warcraft's button's system"

I've see someone posting an other sample map in an wehz thread
his sample map is now going to oblivion, and when someone will come for the same question, the map maker who will decide to help him, instead of giving him a simple link, will be forced to remake exactly the same map...

i've done a map showing where the different kind of button are used, and i won't do a useless text to please you

i'm freely giving you something, and you ask me more... that impolite

i've done a sample map which help to understand the button system
i doesn't want to make a toturial about icon's import
the only time i've done a tuto, i was just flammed
i'm not masochist, i will never retry

Level 40
and how do you convert a sample map in a text?
what do you wan't me to write???
If you yourself don't think it fits in this tutorial section (judging by the rules), then find somewhere else to put it. The WEHZ would actually be a decent place to put it, since you can link to it in your <signature/etc>. (The threads never disappear, they just get buried)

add a sample map section
cause they're is nothing to write about this map
nothing but "launch it to see where each kind of button is used by the warcraft's button's system"
If you want to suggest a sample map section, I suggest you PM Ralle and talk to him about it; he runs this site, and thus that's his decision.

I've see someone posting an other sample map in an wehz thread
his sample map is now going to oblivion, and when someone will come for the same question, the map maker who will decide to help him, instead of giving him a simple link, will be forced to remake exactly the same map...
As I said above, since threads are not deleted and only buried, you can still save a link to the thread, and link people there if necessary.

i've done a map showing where the different kind of button are used, and i won't do a useless text to please you

i'm freely giving you something, and you ask me more... that impolite
We all have to follow the rules. If one person is allowed to break them, more and more will ask to until the rules are meaningless.

i've done a sample map which help to understand the button system
i doesn't want to make a toturial about icon's import
the only time i've done a tuto, i was just flammed
i'm not masochist, i will never retry
Yes, I'm sure some people would/will be helped by this, and thus posting it somewhere and then linking to it (in threads, your sig, etc), would be a fine option. Again, though, if you yourself don't think this is a tutorial, try to find a better home for it than in the tutorials section. However, about the flaming bit, if you're referring to this thread, we're definately not flaming. (Flame_Phoenix's first post was a little hostile, and yes, it could have been worded a bit better, but meh, he corrected himself afterwards anyhow. Also, try not to lose any sleep over one post, if, again, that's what you're talking about)

Status
Not open for further replies.