• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Sample/Tool maps upload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello
I've done a sample map wich display where exactly each kind of button is displayed by the game (BTN, DISBTN, PASBTN, DISPASBTN)

I've trying to send it as a tutorial, but moderators think it's not a tutorial.

in fact there is not place to this kind of contribution

the most logic place would be a new category in the map download: sample/tool maps.
but i think people will never go to the download map page to find this kind of help; they first go in the tutorials fora (sometime) and then directly in the wehz; so maybe a sample/tool maps forum at the end of the tutorials fora would be a more efficient place.

i've first send this message to Ralle, and he ask me to post it here, he want your view.

Level 9
i can't
tutorial about "how to import icon" have already be done
"where are use icon" is not writtable

as i said, i've made a tutorial, it was unapproved by modo
one ask me to contact Ralle, Ralle ask me to post here
and now you ask me to... make a tutorial... -_-

and anyway
when someone give you something freely, that's impolite to ask him more
i've done a map, i give it, don't ask more or pay me :p
(be carefull, i'm not cheap)

Level 32
As previously stated:
General Tutorial Submitting Rules and Guidelines
  • The tutorial must describe material, subject matter or techniques not presently available at the Hive.
  • The tutorial must include plenty of content. A tutorial only existing of a few lines is not acceptable.

The subject matter of BTN, DISBTN, PASBTN, DISPASBTN... where are they used?
is already thoroughly covered in:
Therefore this submission must be moved to the tutorial "Graveyard."

YoshiRyu: Please refer to > Warcraft III Tutorials > "Graveyard" > Welcome to the "Graveyard"

You may still edit the document to bring it up to Hive Workshop tutorial standards.

~ Thread moved.
I had studied the tutorial submission (and the map itself) in detail before moving it to the Graveyard. The above still holds true:
the attached map use explicit pictures to show you where each kind of button texture is used by the warcraft system
  1. That document is not detailed or informative enough to be considered a complete stand-alone tutorial by Hive Workshop standards.

2. All authors should be able to freely edit their own work when it's located in the tutorial graveyard.
  3. If, for whatever reason, you seem to be unable to edit the post, I'll figure out something else.

4. Also, I neglected to add General Tutorial Submitting Rules and Guidelines
    • No signature files may be attached to tutorials.

5. You are always free to submit the map itself to the Hive's Map resources section using the Miscellaneous / Other label category.

Level 9
You are always free to submit the map itself to the Hive's Map resources section using the Miscellaneous / Other label category.
As i've said in the first post of this thread, i don't think people go to the map section when they want to solve a problem

they eventually go first to the tutorials fora, and then to the wehz

in a map dl section, you usually think that you will find playable map, that's not obvious that there is sample/tool map... and even for system map, many people, i think, doesn't know there is some in map dl page.

(all the other think in your post are useless, the thread is not about my submit, it is about adding a new category in the map dl or a new forum, react about this)

Level 32
...adding a new category in the map dl or a new forum...
  • It's probably likely that Ralle and the balance of the staff would agree that it would be undesirable to add an entirely new forum to contain one submission or a new map category to contain one map.

• "Keywords" (genres) to further define map (and other) resources will soon compliment the existing approved category labels. Please refer to Categories

• The World Editor Help Zone is an excellent forum in which to post general tips. A great many users will view and comment on material there.

• > Artist's Discussion > Texturing & Surfacing > Game & Icon Interface is another fine location to post icon-specific tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.