• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some Warcraft Screenshots in Sc2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey guys, so I was playing around with the editor and I decided to make a few screenshots with only WoW models from my Warcraft library. After playing with sizing and light, I think they look presentable. Tell me what you guys think- what can I do to improve on them? Criticism is always welcome as long as it is constructive. :goblin_yeah:

testshot1.jpg

testshot2.jpg

spooky2.jpg

sppoky.jpg

Level 10
Nope, they're all Sc2 Tiles. I think I used the haven tileset, but the lighting is what probably makes them unrecognizable. :)

I haven't imported ground textures in my library yet.. its on my to-do list.

Level 16
I don't like the lighting, It looks unnatural, use a bluish lighting for Elwynn Forest and the light source should be coming from above not below!
I see no problem with the wow textures, yes they are blurry, sharpen them and add a bump map, the result should look better. The quality of the models and textures should not matter much if you are a good terrainer.

Think I'l get my hands on sc II and try terraining, might produce better looking terrains and efx than WC3.

Level 16
I see you made changes to the light, try to experiment with the light editor more. It's good that you removed the red light but you can try to use a darker ambient light. I could say you are making some progress but I have to ask you~ Did you add an alpha mask and a bump map to the materials? I noticed that models without the 2 important materials (it seems) in sc2 do not shade correctly and look strange/horrible.

Level 16
This tiles are from wow, right? <probably custom made> The tiles you send me were pretty well made however there are some sharp cuts in the textures that you or hoever made them need fixing. I suppose that they are still whips!

The image looks just like wow, also did you use a custom light on this?

Level 10
This tiles are from wow, right? <probably custom made> The tiles you send me were pretty well made however there are some sharp cuts in the textures that you or hoever made them need fixing. I suppose that they are still whips!

The image looks just like wow, also did you use a custom light on this?

Thats what I'm trying to ask if someone who's an artist can help me tile the terrain textures so they don't have the sharp edge blending/tiling problem... so far no one's offered to help though...

Level 10
Right now all of the assets are reserved for use by our team only. However, once we release our melee mod, we will open up all our resources so everyone can use and make Warcraft maps

Level 20
^As we go we're compiling all the assets we use into organised mod files. Most of them are actually from World of Warcraft, so with time you could obtain them yourself. We will however post release, distribute the mods to the public as Turminator said. Saving you guys all the time and effort of ripping/converting/organising/TCing etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.