• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Survival Town 2014 Final

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Map Info:

Control Your Survivor to build up your town by build farm,tree,wall,tower to defense the enemies from Devil. You can update your Home Town to 3 level and have many other upgrades, unit,hero to defense alot of Devil.

The Idea of this map was inspired from "Zombie Invasion 2014" by "sena31".

Features:

- You have 3 level of your Town. In each level, there are builds,unit,upgrades to make your tower stronger.
- There are 6 Devil Wave. Each devil wave is just not more damage and hit points, there are alot of fun and suprise and require many skills to defense each waves.
- Use Tree to auto-collect Lumber.
- Use horse to transport Gold from Random-position Gold Mine.
- Use Report Spots to auto repair your buildings.
- 3 level of Wall
- 4 Level of Tower
- Hero with abilitys
- 4 Upgrades, each upgrade have 3 levels.
...ect

Quick Tips:
- Build Farm then 5 Trees first to produce lumber.
- If the gold mine was too far, use wall , tower , repair spot to build a way from your home to gold mine to protect your horse.

Screenshots

screen6.png

screen7.png

screen8.png

screen1.png

screen2.png

screen3.png

screen4.png

screen5.png

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • sena31

Author's notes:

You can play this map alone or with your friends. It's so much fun that you play with 8-10 players.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
survival, town survival,zombie
Contents

Survival Town 2014 Final (Map)

Reviews
21:32, 5th Apr 2014 Orcnet:

M

21:32, 5th Apr 2014
Orcnet:
eubz;2507895 said:

Review

1. The terrain is bland, it got nothing in it.
2. You have too many location leaks and unit group leaks.
3. During game, It is better if you have hints on what to do. You can even use the quest tab for the things you want to say to the player.
4. I don't know why there is a pack horse. This is actually useless.
5. Goldmines just spawns everywhere. Why not pre-place them and not spawn them. It feels awkward, really.
6. The game says that zerglings are coming into the town. They are not actually going into the town, they just spawn everywhere and walks in an undefined direction.

Suggestions
1. There are so many things you have to do with your map. Why not create a thread in our Map Development section to develop your map and gain suggestions.
2. You might also want to visit the general mapping tutorials and trigger tutorials to hone your mapping skills.

As for this map, it will be a very long process until this will be considered for approval. I therefor vote for rejection.

Level 3
Thanks for your suggestions. However you will not have time to thinking about the terrian. I tested 10 times with full players and most of them are excited.

Sorry to promote yourself but I think that could be a good idea that you can have a chance to play my map.

anyway, I'll try to add some terrian to the map.

Thanks for your suggestions. However you will not have time to thinking about the terrian. I tested 10 times with full players and most of them are excited.

Sorry to promote yourself but I think that could be a good idea that you can have a chance to play my map.

anyway, I'll try to add some terrian to the map.
At least give it a thought. You'll see that few will play it once they notice that the terrain is empty. Even if it's a low-type terrain, just try (I'm not forcing you, it's useless). Just think about it:wink:

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Hehe, what a cute map (seems nice, too bad there were too many zerglings so I could not hold back until the first timer ran out) :D

You should fix some typos and add hotkeys to the buildings. Also, fix zergling range, they can destroy things built next to walls (from the other side (The wall width is 50 so Zergling range must be less than half of the zergling pathing + 50)).

Keep it up. Seems nice map.

Review

3. During game, It is better if you have hints on what to do. You can even use the quest tab for the things you want to say to the player.
5. Goldmines just spawns everywhere. Why not pre-place them and not spawn them. It feels awkward, really.
6. The game says that zerglings are coming into the town. They are not actually going into the town, they just spawn everywhere and walks in an undefined direction.

Suggestions
1. There are so many things you have to do with your map. Why not create a thread in our Map Development section to develop your map and gain suggestions.
2. You might also want to visit the general mapping tutorials and trigger tutorials to hone your mapping skills.

As for this map, it will be a very long process until this will be considered for approval. I therefor vote for rejection.

Level 3
Hehe, what a cute map (seems nice, too bad there were too many zerglings so I could not hold back until the first timer ran out) :D

You should fix some typos and add hotkeys to the buildings. Also, fix zergling range, they can destroy things built next to walls (from the other side (The wall width is 50 so Zergling range must be less than half of the zergling pathing + 50)).

Keep it up. Seems nice map.

Thanks man :D This map is built for multi player which is really hard for single player so it could don't let you play more. I should make an options easier for single player.

The range of attach is making me crazy. Actually I set the range of zergling just 40. Maybe there are some building use 72 range which is very long and zergling can attack it.

Thanks!

Level 3

Review

Suggestions

Thanks your reviewer, you give me some really good ideas and works need to be done. So I'll take time to take care more.

1. terrain , as I said before. I don't know what terrian I should place in it as there are no need for it. You stand behind your wall and defense with friends :D

2. I don't have exp with leaks so I'll learn it. Thanks for your suggestion!

3. Yes, I forget about the hints and the quests also!

4. pack horse use to transport gold from gold mine to the home/town . If the gold mine is too far, the survivor must build a safe way to protect them.

5. Goldmines place randomly. This is a idea. I want the game to be random and players can't know where are goldmine to build the home. If not random then it will be easy game as they can get gold mine easy.

I'm also want players expand the town so they can have more fun and connect to other players.

6. Yes, sorry for my bad english. I mean they're coming to this field and maybe come to town to kill players :D

:goblin_good_job:

Level 3
I update final version which are no bugs and very interesting to play with 2+ players right now. I tested on garena and be sure it will working fine.

The map could be reject by reviewer however if you're looking for an fun, playable, hard ... then this map is for you.

There are alot of approve map and making peoples bored and could' playable.