• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Village Survival (Final 30 Update)

Reactions: Warhunter
Description: Survivors build together bases, fight 15 min against incoming zombie waves,
and kill than all living zombies to win. If you die you will be reborn as a zombie hero and help to hunt the left survivors

Warning: If you die as a zombie you will be only revived by your reincarnation ability!

Only with teamwork you´ll survive!!!

Hint: Hold the line until the army arrive after 13 min! But how long can they help you?

Note: Pls play only the latest Final version!!!
I have fixed very, very much things.
Now the map is much better than ever!

This map is not made 100% by me alone
some people like Warhunter helped me.
Official version made by AoA
The real author has no problem with it to update the map

Tell my if you have ideas for the map!
Also if someone want to help me with the triggers then tell me it!

Map isn't protected!

Note: The file size of the map at The Hiveworkshop is always a little bit smaller than on other websites because of the missing description! (Only ("important") for persons who play the map first time

Village Survival(Final 26 Update) log:
- Complete new terrain by Warhunter!
- So added many new good places to build a base!
- New loading screen
- Fixed some bugs by me and Warhunter
- Decreased lagg of the map!
- Increased game difficulty!

Village Survival(Final 27 Update) log:
- Added new undead survivor hero!
- Survivor gain more money for zombie kills!
- Increased game difficulty
- Decreased lagg of the map
- Improved loading screen
- Improved terrain
- Added some new environment
- Some other things...

Village Survival(Final 28 Update) log:
- Decreased the lagg(Complete?!)
- Added new survivor ability: molotov coctail lol
- Improved balance
- New survivor upgrade: hitpoints
- Improved terrain
- Some other things...

Village Survival(Final 29 Update) log:
- Fixed some bugs/triggers
- New tower: mechanic
- Improved balance
- Updated molotov coctail model

Village Survival(Final 30 Update) log:
- Improved spawn areas
- Improved terrain
- Fixed bugs/improved some things...

Credits:
Firts of all thx Warhunter(Warhunter 565) for creating the new awesome terrain!

Thx all people for the use of their awesome models, skins or icons!
HappyTauren: Demon Tower
Donut3.5: Wraith Lord
Mr.Bob: Temple
Anarchianbedlam: Puma, Kronous M8
KelThuzad: Letter
Http://www.wc3sear.ch/: Armor
General Frank: Armageddon Tank
Mc !: GhoulLord
Kofi_Banan: Bunker
Horusrogue: Abomination
Funkid2: Round Log Pile
Draknyte1: Village_Fencelong
Communist orc: Poisoned Well, Hut
PrinceOFFame: Molotov coctail

Keywords:
Zombie, zombies, survival, Resident Evil, team, teamwork, build, village, endtime.
Contents

Village Survival (Final 30 Update) (Map)

Reviews
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under...
Level 6
There are some bugs & leaks. E.G. hotkey O doesn`t build scout tower.

Mh I just tested it and it the hotkey O works-> maybe you mean the number 0 but the right letter O works
Ok but there are some other not working hotkeys-> I fix it

And also an important trigger of the beginning did't work-> All players have 20 gold at the start...

New version 29 is ready I will upload it very soon...

Last edited:
Level 6
LOL it´s strange if i press T it builds tents-> O it builds scout towers

Ah I know why-> It´s because you have an other language in WC 3 so the standard abilities have other hotkeys!

Last edited:
Level 6
Well I have just no really time to improve the map- Hopefully at least in my next summer holidays I will have time to update it.
Thx hiveworkshop team for review it.

Last edited:
Level 5
Hey I just downloaded this map and had tested it out various times and here's what I think of the map,
+ Pros +

✔ Bug free: It's nice to see that a map has no bugs at all.
✔ Fun game play: Pretty entertaining in my opinion.
✔ Well made terrain: The terrain just fits the environment of the game accordingly.
✔ Nice variation of zombies: Gives the game a more in-depth meaning to the game.
✔ Great skins/models: Unique skins and models are simply outstanding (especially the tanks).
✔ Good use of inventory items: Example - pistol, shotgun etc.
✔ Game mode concept: I especially like this point mainly because most maps like this one never provides the player with the option of picking the game's difficulty.
✔ Mechanics: Each side synergies appropriately with abilities and units. (For example - the death coil is a good synergy with healing another undead player or the survivor's healing ability to heal teammates).

+ Intermediate -

! Balance: The survivor side has a bit more of advantage then the undead side due to strong bunkers and certain spots in the map that undead are unable to reach.
! Originality: I have seen a few maps similar to this one.
! The zombies tend to act very clumsy sometimes. They would start accumulating on one spot instead of going around.

- Cons -

× The game freezes for about 3 seconds every time zombies spawn.
• Suggestion: Try making the file size a little less bigger. (Although the file size is not that big at all anyways, but could help.)
× It is very difficult for the undead player to get through or around zombies. When the game reaches a point where there are lots of zombies accumulated in one spot and you're in between them, it becomes a living hell trying to get out.
• Suggestion: Either remove collision for zombies at least, or give them a jump or some sort of ability to move around the zombies)
× There is a spot at the very bottom right of the map where I seen players cut the only two tress down and then building a bunker on the entrance. That just makes the undead side impossible to get through or have any chance of winning.
• Suggestion: I highly recommend entirely removing that single spot at the bottom right of the map or take off the ability from the survivor of be able to cut trees down.
× The bunkers are WAY too strong. The bunkers have more health, more armor, and can cover a larger area then barricades can. That just makes the barricade completely useless in the game. There is no need of building barricades when for a few more gold you can build a bunker that is WAY superior to a barricade.
• Suggestion: I highly recommend lowering the health and armor of the bunkers or limiting the amount of bunkers a player can build.

Conclusion: In overall, the game could use a little bit of work on those minor bugs and needs to be sharpen a little bit more in order to succeed enjoyment and full entertainment and make it an extraordinary map. However, the map is indeed fun and somewhat recreational. I really hope you can come up with new versions of this map, because as far as for me I liked the map and I see forth to it as playing it many times in the future. It would be a shame if you stopped working on this map. From the looks of it, it is noticeable that you did put effort in this game and you did a good job on it :thumbs_up:. I rate this map a [3/5]. Keep up the good work man! :ogre_haosis:

Last edited: