• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ragnarok PvP Izlude v1.7

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Ragnarok PvP Izlude
Map Description
Well, this map has finally completed. In fact, I'm quite proud of this map I made. This map is based on the PvP Arena of Ragnarok Online, people who loved playing Ragnarok Online must play this map and the ones that have never played before too can try playing this. This map is inspired by Ragnarok Online and also Valkemiere's Ragnarok PvP Prontera.

Featuring-:
*Ragnarok PvP Feelings
*Ragnarok Sound Effects
*Ragnarok Gaming Effects
*Ragnarok Terrain

Enjoy ~
Credits
Ribenamania
General Frank
JetFangInferno
SinisterX
Protection
This file is protected.
Versions
v1.7
- Added sound on player enter arena
- Reduced detecting skill cooldown & mana
- Increased attack speed boost of adrenaline rush
- Fixed floating text bugs
- Fixed some skills
- Disabled hunter auto attack

v1.6
- Fixed some respawn stuck location
- Fixed hammerfall effect
- Fixed high priest resurrection condition
- Fixed frost/stun condition
- Reduced double strafing cooldown

v1.5b - Fixed gold bug

v1.5
- Reduced lag and fixed bugs
- Fixed some spell timing problem
- Fixed item icons
- Removed chat system

v1.4b - Fixed floating text bugs

v1.4
- Added new character [Paladin]
- Changed spear boomerang effect
- Added new item [Yggdrasil Leaf]
- Added chat system

v1.3
- Added new character [Stalker]
- Removed DamageTextDialog due to request

v1.2
-Fixed party system bug
-Added new command -repick

v1.1b - Fixed respawn bug

v1.1
- Some typo errors fixed
- Item gold cost and charges manipulated
- Character rebalanced
- Added party system [F9 for information]
- Skill added cooldown

v1.0
- Units are invulnerable in respawn area
- Back sliding bug fixed
- Credits added [F9]
- Units don't die too easily now
- Unit cannot cast spells when frozen now
- Damage text can be disable now

vBETAb - Map uploaded

vBETA - PrivateVersion, tested with public
Keywords:
ragnarok, pvp, player, versus, skill, slash, hack, izlude, RO, online, arena
Contents

Ragnarok PvP Izlude v1.7 (Map)

Reviews
15:34, 31st Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 3
I don't know why but when I played this, the screen turned black. This is happened to me for some maps. Anybody know whats the problems?

Level 1
hey there
im a big ro fan so i had to try this map...
its pretty good!
im not a big fan of izlude(i prefer payon or prontera) but i think its okay for a pvp...
but im definately not contended with the sniper.
seriously.
his ankle snare and his spring trap skills are useless on the map...
u can see the traps and u have to exactly step on it to trigger...(btw afaik they are called just "trap" not "booby trap"but nvm)
also,he hasnt even 1 transcend skill D=
hope u'll edit him =/

Level 5
This is a really great PvP Ragnarok Map. (Probably the Best)

++Has in-game Izlude Features (BGM, Map, Models)
+Custom Models
+Awesome Stalker,Assasin and Priest skills.
+Just Like Ragnarok :)
+Blue Gem (Resurrection) System!! First Map i've seen with that!
+Ygg Leaves :D :D :D
+Party /organize and invite system just like the real game.
+Great File Size for such a complex map.

Although, there are some things that needs balancing.
-Priest's Kyrie is abit too imba. xD Almost invulnerable with it.
-Wizards have instant cast Storm Gust, Meteor, and Jupitel. Which is unfair :(
-I tried getting stuck after entering the portal. Somewhere on the upper left corner.

All in all, i give it 4.5/5
-And what class are you planning to add next? Would really want atleast Champ, Clown/Gypsy, and Professor in it as it would really make a big change.
-Having plans on adding a "flinch" system? So atleast when people get hit, they get mini stunned? :) That way, it will make the game more RO Like :)

Level 1
its pretty useless if u fight someone with a high AS like assasin cross or sniper
-Having plans on adding a "flinch" system? So atleast when people get hit, they get mini stunned? :) That way, it will make the game more RO Like :)
this would render every fast attacking char to uberness oO
adding such a system would make this map just totally imballanced

This is a really great PvP Ragnarok Map. (Probably the Best)

++Has in-game Izlude Features (BGM, Map, Models)
+Custom Models
+Awesome Stalker,Assasin and Priest skills.
+Just Like Ragnarok :)
+Blue Gem (Resurrection) System!! First Map i've seen with that!
+Ygg Leaves :D :D :D
+Party /organize and invite system just like the real game.
+Great File Size for such a complex map.

Although, there are some things that needs balancing.
-Wizards have instant cast Storm Gust, Meteor, and Jupitel. Which is unfair :(
-I tried getting stuck after entering the portal. Somewhere on the upper left corner.

All in all, i give it 4.5/5
-And what class are you planning to add next? Would really want atleast Champ, Clown/Gypsy, and Professor in it as it would really make a big change.

Actually I'm planning to have all the jobs that is currently available in RO including ninja, gunslinger and star gladiator. But sadly I don't know for what reason I'm kinda paused the progression of this map. I think its because I found too many unknown bugs in the map that I can hardly solve. Especially for the timing stuff of warcraft. Even a polled waiting can't fix it, I wonder why. I've missed something that is important in map making that is the wait function. Bugs just come out whenever the timing that depends on the speed of the computer is wrong. Oh well, should have learn more bout' the wait functions be4 making the map xD [wow I wrote a lot]

As for the flinch system is kinda like what FrozenFenrir said, warcraft III probably won't get to support something like that. In fact, I've tried once doing the same thing that you're saying and failed xD

its pretty useless if u fight someone with a high AS like assasin cross or sniper
this would render every fast attacking char to uberness oO
adding such a system would make this map just totally imballanced

Yeah, I agree with you =)

My notes
Anyone want to sign up for a place to fix bugs of the map? ^^ credits will be given.

Level 5
I think not continuing this map would be a BAD idea. Lol, this is one of the few games i enjoy playing on the net with a small file size, so i can play it with random people with out them waiting too long.
But it's up to you really. Though, i find this map really fun :)

you must have my permission when use all my spells.

Seriously dude, yes I can say that this map is inspired by your Ragnarok PvP Prontera.
But why do you think that those spells are triggered by you? There are all coded by me, also the spells are just following the real Ragnarok Online game. Dude, you don't expect me to make skills that doesn't look like the actual game just because you did them before?

I think not continuing this map would be a BAD idea. Lol, this is one of the few games i enjoy playing on the net with a small file size, so i can play it with random people with out them waiting too long.
But it's up to you really. Though, i find this map really fun :)

Yeah, I do think its bad too.. its in fact the best ragnarok map in the warcraft III modding. The thing that blocks my way in continuing the map is the bugs, therefore I'm now recruiting an experienced bug fixer =)

Level 13
Seriously dude, yes I can say that this map is inspired by your Ragnarok PvP Prontera.
But why do you think that those spells are triggered by you? There are all coded by me, also the spells are just following the real Ragnarok Online game. Dude, you don't expect me to make skills that doesn't look like the actual game just because you did them before?

we have make this map together before. I made the spells then you declare by yourself on this map?
U just edit my spells.
must i report you to admin?

we have make this map together before. I made the spells then you declare by yourself on this map?
U just edit my spells.

Don't get offended please, "we have make this map together before".
Think thoroughly what you dedicated to the map. And also, I didn't even touch one of your spell. You can ask an admin to check on it if you're so upset in it, the admin will check the codes of my spells and compare them to you. And you'll see they're all different.

Just because "we have make this map together before", I can't make another map? I can tell you, I made this map out of scratch.

Level 13
i know you just converted the spell from GUI to jass. I tell you all the job spells i made is crusader, wiz, ass, rogue, knight, monk, hunter, priest, blacksmith. In this map you add some this job. The spells same. just little different

you made this out of scratch?
what it is mean http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f202/ragnarok-pvp-mvp-izlude-90864/

how about this

i dont want argue with you. delete all my spells. then make by yourself

i know you just converted the spell from GUI to jass. I tell you all the job spells i made is crusader, wiz, ass, rogue, knight, monk, hunter, priest, blacksmith. In this map you add some this job. The spells same. just little different

you made this out of scratch?
what it is mean http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f202/ragnarok-pvp-mvp-izlude-90864/

how about this

i dont want argue with you. delete all my spells. then make by yourself

You're making shame on yourself, anyway I don't want to be in any arguements too.
The map you linked me is also mainly made by me, yes you did some on that map. But I've started a new map that is this one. I didn't even take a single code from the one you linked.

Why do you think that I converted your spells from GUI to JASS.
If you report this happening, I can just give an unprotected map to simply an admin or moderator. The codes are not the same, I won't be upset on you since you don't really know what differs JASS and GUI. My spells are BJless, and that isn't possible in GUI because GUI triggers are BJs. Also, my skills aren't like yours neither, not even the concept.

For example, sonic blow... your spell uses two trigger that first starts the spell, and the second one does the 7 series hits.
My sonic blow uses only one trigger that uses loop triggering, it completely isn't the same. Seriously, I don't have to steal someone's stuff to make a map.

Level 13
First time when you made this, you show me your map then ask me. must i input your name in my map?
then now you told this "But I've started a new map that is this one. I didn't even take a single code from the one you linked." you shame too

Well .. I would like to see where you can develop this map. Want to see other job beside that say above.

First time when you made this, you show me your map then ask me. must i input your name in my map?
then now you told this "But I've started a new map that is this one. I didn't even take a single code from the one you linked." you shame too

Well .. I would like to see where you can develop this map. Want to see other job beside that say above.

Aihz, you just don't understand...
I wouldn't care if you report this occurrence or not since this map is 100% made by me myself. But please, stop being a fool. I've once tried to make the map with you but because I'm not that experienced, those spells I coded there are all non-leakfree. And also, I can say that you didn't dedicate that much in the map. What happens when somebody request a credit for a map that is made by yourself. What will happen if I write a reply in your Battle Stadium D.O.N map, "Give me credits when I .....".

The map is already out, what kinda development thread you want me to show you dude?
Is the party system made by you? Is the chat system too?

are u stupid. the spells dude. first i develop pvp idzlude. then u want to help me make the map. so we together made pvp idzlude. i give you the map with the spells.
then why you make same map?? what you mean? kick me?

-_- Calm down dude.
Are you stupid <-- flaming

The spells dude? Excuse me.. your hard disk broke and everything is missing.
I recreated the whole map, this current map that I've map is all by me. You didn't even lay a single touch in the map. I didn't kick you, but you quited it.

Seriously, you judge the spells by just looking at the interface. But actually you've done nothing. Just be steady, the more you talk.. the more you make shame on yourself. All I can say is that this map is 100% made by me.

You can't stop one in making a map just because you tried to make them before and you failed. For example, I've tried making Digimon Rumble Arena. So if someone actually made another map called Digimon Rumble Arena, have I done anything in that map? I developed it also started a thread ~ So thats map is mine? Sadly, no.

i sent the map before my hardisk broke. i'm not child. the spells same like me. coz you see and copy all my spells. you smart lie. ok. up to you. never trust you.

Realised that your replies going shorter and shorter?
I bet the reason is that you can't even defend yourself because the right is with me.

You sent the map before your hard disk broke, yes.. sort of. I even made stuff in it, but as I said above.. my mapping skills aren't that good that time. Every code I made has leak and I abandoned the map. Can't you see the landscape of this map and the one you sent me differs? Every single tileset differs? And the terrain is way much better? That's all because of one reason. This map is made from scratch by me. You can choose not to trust me but all I can tell you is, I never steal a single tip from you.

edit: if you really want to have an argument with me, open your msn.

Level 31
i know you just converted the spell from GUI to jass.

Convert a spell from GUI to JASS would just be a stupid thing to do if the author know nothing about JASS. As there is some function of GUI would be visible in the form of JASS such as bj.

Infact, it would be better just to make a JASS ability out of scratch instead of making it in GUI and then convert it to JASS.

are u stupid. the spells dude. first i develop pvp idzlude. then u want to help me make the map. so we together made pvp idzlude. i give you the map with the spells.
then why you make same map?? what you mean? kick me?

Avoid trolling, if you suspect a stealing have occur. Simply post a thread at map moderation forum. Posting a message with intention of trolling and flamming would not help.

Level 13
Realised that your replies going shorter and shorter?
I bet the reason is that you can't even defend yourself because the right is with me.

You sent the map before your hard disk broke, yes.. sort of. I even made stuff in it, but as I said above.. my mapping skills aren't that good that time. Every code I made has leak and I abandoned the map. Can't you see the landscape of this map and the one you sent me differs? Every single tileset differs? And the terrain is way much better? That's all because of one reason. This map is made from scratch by me. You can choose not to trust me but all I can tell you is, I never steal a single tip from you.

edit: if you really want to have an argument with me, open your msn.

i didnt talk about terrain. tileset. i know it made from you.

@septimus : he sent me the unprotect map pvp idzlude. Different trigger jass converted with jass make by self. He convert my spelss to jass then said it i made by him.

i'm sorry for this.

i didnt talk about terrain. tileset. i know it made from you.

@septimus : he sent me the unprotect map pvp idzlude. Different trigger jass converted with jass make by self. He convert my spelss to jass then said it i made by him.

i'm sorry for this.

How many times should I say, I didn't convert your spells from GUI to JASS.
Well, the problem is because you didn't see the unprotected version of this map. If you report this problem to the admin section, I'll send the unprotected map to the moderator and he'll judge whether the spells are
GUI -> JASS spells or
Scratch made JASS spells and everything will be solved

Level 31

Ok, to solved this problem once and for all. Why not both of you send me the unprotected version of the spell so that me, Hanky, DSG and few guys could have a view on it to see if it was a rip-off or not.

That's it, if you want to solve this once and for all and avoid those senseless bickering.

Ok, to solved this problem once and for all. Why not both of you send me the unprotected version of the spell so that me, Hanky, DSG and few guys could have a view on it to see if it was a rip-off or not.

That's it, if you want to solve this once and for all and avoid those senseless bickering.

Okay, its cool with me but wait till I get into my computer that contains it.
I think this misunderstanding is caused by the map I sent to him some time ago.
This is completely a different one =)

Map: Recruiting Bug Fixer!
Personal Message sent to Alexis Septimus

Last edited:
Level 5
So erm... Ribenamania... I am a huge fan of this map untill now and i can't wait for the update. (New Job Please :D Any would do. Professor? Champion? Clown/Gypsy?)

So, i dont mean to be cocky or anything, whens the next update gonna be? :D

So erm... Ribenamania... I am a huge fan of this map untill now and i can't wait for the update. (New Job Please :D Any would do. Professor? Champion? Clown/Gypsy?)

So, i dont mean to be cocky or anything, whens the next update gonna be? :D

To be honest I wanted to continue this map too. But the map had too many bugs and leaks. For some reason, the map lags in multi-player. Also, there are many unknown bugs - major one floating text bug

So, I'll only continue the progression for updates if I could find a bug fixer that could fix these bugs.

lol, looks like the arguement and investigation ended up somewhere. Well, thats good anyway.

I'm still looking for an experienced bug fixer, anyone?

Bah....please remove those ugly icons, and green icons...i can not say much about it..though you may have been investing a lot of time on it, i suggest that you polish it more !

In fact, I let them be green to keep the file size low & b.net compatible. I've already fixed the item icons =D

edit: DanThanh don't double post xD

Level 3
Bug fixer

I had been playing your map, but I can't really see those bugs. Btw, what kind of bugs that you are talking about?

Maybe I could help you with the gameplay, terrain (characters getting stuck), and (right I remember a bug, but I think it's not really a bug), the cam, it's not really centered, and some other things. But if you have problems/bugs regarding your Spells... sorry can't help you on that field.

I would like also to integrate some systems on your map such as:

• Basic AI Script - this is just to let players master or "get to know" a character and use/test them.
  • Bot chat system - just to make additional fun onto the game.
  • Bot organize their own party - let you try how can a character handle against a party.
  • Deathmatch mode (race to <number of kills>) - to increase the fun and excitement when battling against other players. But I think this mode might make your map unfaithful to the ragnarok PVP gameplay. oh well....

Well, if you are worrying that I'll copy/hack your map, I'm not that NERD enough. I just want to integrate them for my personal gaming exp. Once I'm done integrating them, I don't intend to distribute it to anyone, except to you, if you want a copy.

Oh by the way, integrating an AI also helps in debugging Spells bugs since some spells required a target unit, but I would like to repeat that I can't help you in debugging Spells bugs, though I can report/give you suggestions basing on my observations and analysis, so that you may be able to fix them.

I had been playing your map, but I can't really see those bugs. Btw, what kind of bugs that you are talking about?

Maybe I could help you with the gameplay, terrain (characters getting stuck), and (right I remember a bug, but I think it's not really a bug), the cam, it's not really centered, and some other things. But if you have problems/bugs regarding your Spells... sorry can't help you on that field.

I would like also to integrate some systems on your map such as:

• Basic AI Script - this is just to let players master or "get to know" a character and use/test them.
  • Bot chat system - just to make additional fun onto the game.
  • Bot organize their own party - let you try how can a character handle against a party.
  • Deathmatch mode (race to <number of kills>) - to increase the fun and excitement when battling against other players. But I think this mode might make your map unfaithful to the ragnarok PVP gameplay. oh well....

Well, if you are worrying that I'll copy/hack your map, I'm not that NERD enough. I just want to integrate them for my personal gaming exp. Once I'm done integrating them, I don't intend to distribute it to anyone, except to you, if you want a copy.

Oh by the way, integrating an AI also helps in debugging Spells bugs since some spells required a target unit, but I would like to repeat that I can't help you in debugging Spells bugs, though I can report/give you suggestions basing on my observations and analysis, so that you may be able to fix them.

Yeah, you don't see many bugs now cause I've fixed a lot of them. I'm working on an MvP, save/load system. Anyway, I've stopped it awhile [just what I do everytime XD, would continue soon enough as I have the interest]. I did thought of deathmatch mode and such, but since there's a save/load system. I had a different way to make the game interesting, well.. people do love bullying =D. About the AI, maybe after the next version is out.

Level 3
So it would seem that you continued the map. Thankfully! So you already managed to find a debugger, or you did all the fixing all by yourself?

Men... you're awesome!
So you're saying that there will be an "event" system on your map too??? This is getting more interesting. However Izlude for me is too small if this, I would like to suggest Morroc; but on the other hand, I can sense that this MvP on this small map will be exciting since it is crowded, a total clash will certainly occur... Grrr.... I can't wait to try the 1.7.... :lol:

By the way, what is this save/load system? And oh 'bout the AI integration, I just hope you'll find a good AI scripter as good as cloud_str. I'll be looking forward on that. :wink: goodluck!

Last edited:
So it would seem that you continued the map. Thankfully! So you already managed to find a debugger, or you did all the fixing all by yourself?

Men... you're awesome!
So you're saying that there will be an "event" system on your map too??? This is getting more interesting. However Izlude for me is too small if this, I would like to suggest Morroc; but on the other hand, I can sense that this MvP on this small map will be exciting since it is crowded, a total clash will certainly occur... Grrr.... I can't wait to try the 1.7.... :lol:

By the way, what is this save/load system? And oh 'bout the AI integration, I just hope you'll find a good AI scripter as good as cloud_str. I'll be looking forward on that. :wink: goodluck!

Yeah, I fixed them by myself. The floating text bug still exists in 1.6, its also fixed in 1.7. MvP will be summoned by dead branches, the way to get dead branches isn't planned yet thou. Well, making a big map makes some impatient people to be bored. Being too big might need a lot more doodads, it means models too. So I do think izlude is good, well not for the BGM haha.

Level 3
Instead of being summoned, why not use trigger "event" style. This would certainly make the PVP more intense. (Actually this is the PVP mode style on one of the Private International Ragnarok Server... I forgot the name :mwahaha:) While players are battling each other, suddenly a MVP appeared and attack them, isn't it exciting??? (especially when players don't know that you implemented the "event system" :grin:

Oh btw, MVP aren't summoned by dead branches, well maybe sometimes but it's 1/10000 chance that an MVP will appear. I would suggest use Bloody Branch. If you would really like the MVP will just summoned by Bloody Branch not not through instant random spawn, I would like to give a suggestion:
1. Why not in every <certain number of kill> a player could achieve they'll be rewared with Bloody Branch.
2. OR Instead the MVP will autospawn randomly why not, placing Bloody Branch randomly in the map in every <random time>.

So I do think izlude is good, well not for the BGM haha.
You think so...??? :thumbs_up: :lol:

Level 12
I vote no approval for this map.

This map was originally created by my friend, Valkemiere. When he decided to go venture with Ribenamania, both of them worked together. However, Ribenamania cheated and went solo by himself.

This is unethical people, if I am a moderator, I will not vote for this to be approved!

valkemiere said:
U just edit my spells.

Don't worry Valk, you have my support and the whole IDGS community will support you as well!