• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

S A N I T Y - Single Player Horror Mini-Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
S A N I T Y

NEW: Map Released: Download

About the Game
S a n i t y is a single player horror mini-game that has an estimated playtime of about 15-30 minutes; with custom sound-effects, music and models.

This game is about a farmer who live inside a deep forest, not far away from the city. One day his daughter Sarah end up missing and he have to go out in the deep forest in order to find her.

The game appear in a First Person view. You move with the arrow-keys and have an ability called Run (move a 100% faster, but it will drain Stamina over time).

This is everything required to find Sarah.

- Screenshots -
attachment.php

attachment.php
- Download -
DOWNLOAD

Feedback is nice, tell me what you think about the map; how it can be improved and such, thank you.

- Known Issues -
Will be updated as soon as any issues are found.
  • None at the moment.

Issues listed here will be fixed to the next version.

- Credit List -
High resolution models
B2M (Born²Modificate)

http://soundbible.com
for sound-effects

http://www.newgrounds.com/
for music

BTNstamina
by Riley

Skeletal Child
by Kuhneghetz

Bear Cubs
by tee.dubs

BTNSanitysEclipse
by 4eNNightmare

BTNLantern
Created by warhog

Attachments

• SANITY_Screen1.jpg
    SANITY_Screen1.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 1,211
  • SANITY_Screen2.jpg
    SANITY_Screen2.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 1,094
Last edited:
Level 19
awww but hes a pedo, and a child is missing in the woods

Lol.

Clone of dualism?:ogre_hurrhurr:

No; the gameplay isn't the same. The only way you could say this is a "clone" of Dualism is because we use the same doodad pack, which make it look the same.

^
Lol, but hey, its flood, so I expect more from this.

:D

A version of the map will probably be uploaded today; I have some more things to do before it's uploaded.

Level 7
No; the gameplay isn't the same. The only way you could say this is a "clone" of Dualism is because we use the same doodad pack, which make it look the same.
And from the first-person horror :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 19
Level 14
I was wondering when will a Slender-inspired game appear. Good luck on that. Will definetly subscribe.
And yes third person view can also be scary if you use enough frightening sounds and sudden horror events.

Level 19
Yes, this is possible. :)
Anyway, you better stay with 1st-person camera.

I will.

I was wondering when will a Slender-inspired game appear. Good luck on that. Will definetly subscribe.
And yes third person view can also be scary if you use enough frightening sounds and sudden horror events.

Thank you.

The first version of the map is like... Done(?). Two days work on this; so don't expect extremely much, but hopefully you like it!

Thanks to hiveworkshop I had to split the map into two pieces (two .rar files). The map is around ~60MB because it's hard for me to delete B2M's doodads because the imported files are german.

So in order to download and "install" the map you download S A N I T Y - 1.0a P Part 1.rar and S A N I T Y - 1.0a P Part 2.rar, extract them somewhere you want, put all .rar files on your desktop or in a map and extract S A N I T Y - 1.0a P.part01.rar in order to extract the map file (.w3x).

Use winrar (download here) in order to extract.

(Currently uploading them to the main post)

Level 19
Perhaps it would be better to upload it somewhere? Try creating a small website at wix.com and I think they have 1000mgb of free upload limit for files.

I'll take a look at wix.com, thank you.

He wants to torture you by having to DL two .rar files :{D

Nice project though. Slender wont be here, but... BLENDER.
I do love the capital letters at the title.

Haha no I don't... :< I can't be asked to upload a non-complete map to the map section.

Level 28
Ahhh, Slender *remembers the old screaming days*

Nope not wix, you can't download a shit there, the only downloadable files there are "doc & .docx, .xls & .xlsx, .ppt & .pptx, .odt, .pdf" and this are the files limit:

Pics: 5MB/.jpg, .png, .gif & .swf
Music: 15MB/.mp3
Docs: 10MB/file

Wix is mostly use for blogging it doesn't support download button. And we're fcking dying to get one but the developers don't give a shit about that.

Level 19
Ahhh, Slender *remembers the old screaming days*

Nope not wix, you can't download a shit there, the only downloadable files there are "doc & .docx, .xls & .xlsx, .ppt & .pptx, .odt, .pdf" and this are the files limit:

Pics: 5MB/.jpg, .png, .gif & .swf
Music: 15MB/.mp3
Docs: 10MB/file

Wix is mostly use for blogging it doesn't support download button. And we're fcking dying to get one but the developers don't give a shit about that.

Yes, I've noticed after 15 minutes of design editing... Bah.

Edit: I'll use my dropbox as source new download link.

Last edited:
Level 12
Sanity. Pretty cool project. but unlike the title, this map is insane instead of keeping any sanity. lol. Love the atmosphere. Looks like First Person View kind of maps is starting to appear more in numbers. :D hope to see more progress on the project. Perhaps I'll make a banner and sig for this project as well. Hope it's okay with you. This project looks promising. ;)

Level 28
I played this one, really cool and scary, terrain is somewhat plain on many parts, you should add more details on it, and the tall grass have some goods and bads
Good: It gives you a creep on what will you see when you get out of the grass.
Bad: Annoying sometimes.

Also you should make a system to detect where that baby shit was coming out, since sometimes it will show behind you(or anywhere that you can't see) and it will increase your sanity even though you don't see it.

Level 19
Sanity. Pretty cool project. but unlike the title, this map is insane instead of keeping any sanity. lol. Love the atmosphere. Looks like First Person View kind of maps is starting to appear more in numbers. :D hope to see more progress on the project. Perhaps I'll make a banner and sig for this project as well. Hope it's okay with you. This project looks promising. ;)

Thank you, the next version is under development.

I played this one, really cool and scary, terrain is somewhat plain on many parts, you should add more details on it, and the tall grass have some goods and bads

Also you should make a system to detect where that baby shit was coming out, since sometimes it will show behind you(or anywhere that you can't see) and it will increase your sanity even though you don't see it.

Terrain is not really final and will be improved. Also, I think I'll leave the grass as it is.

The child never appear behind you and I think it will be a pain in the ass (sorry for my words) to make a system to detect if it's begind a tree/grass; they're doodads and not destructibles, so I can't detect them with triggers and then see if the child is behind. So imagine you/your character hear a sound where it appear and that's the reason for sanity.

Changelog for version 1.1a:

Player
  • Now have the ability to toggle your lantern on and off. While the lantern is off you recover stamina more quicker (because you don't have to hold it in the air with your arm).
  • Player movement speed has been increased slightly.
  • Player run speed has been increased slightly.
  • Sanity recovery is now slower (-1/2.5s to -1/3.33s).

Bug/Other Fixes
  • Size of Sarahs' toy slightly increased, make it easier to find.
  • Removed in-game conversation texts I've forgot to remove; I decided to remove those and forgot two of them.
  • Removed an un-used child on the map I've forgot to remove.
  • You are no longer "sucked" under ground when the map starts.

and... You are now even more haunted...

- Map Released: Download here!

Last edited:
Level 19

Thank you, the next version is under development.

Terrain is not really final and will be improved. Also, I think I'll leave the grass as it is.

The child never appear behind you and I think it will be a pain in the ass (sorry for my words) to make a system to detect if it's begind a tree/grass; they're doodads and not destructibles, so I can't detect them with triggers and then see if the child is behind. So imagine you/your character hear a sound where it appear and that's the reason for sanity.

Changelog for version 1.1a:

Player
  • Now have the ability to toggle your lantern on and off. While the lantern is off you recover stamina more quicker (because you don't have to hold it in the air with your arm).
  • Player movement speed has been increased slightly.
  • Player run speed has been increased slightly.
  • Sanity recovery is now slower (-1/2.5s to -1/3.33s).

Bug/Other Fixes
  • Size of Sarahs' toy slightly increased, make it easier to find.
  • Removed in-game conversation texts I've forgot to remove; I decided to remove those and forgot two of them.
  • Removed an un-used child on the map I've forgot to remove.
  • You are no longer "sucked" under ground when the map starts.

and... You are now even more haunted...

- Map Released: Download here!

Status
Not open for further replies.