• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Risen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I would like to join.
Username: RandomPogi
WE Skill: 3
WE Weakness: Triggers, and not enough time.
What I can provide as a member of the team: Texturing, 2D and Photoshop stuff, And also Ideas.
Other Projects: Siege of Velleterra and StarCraft: Fusion (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/siege-velleterra-starcraft-fusion-215433/)
Icon Wanted as part of team:
Archon_SC2_Head2.jpg

Username Color: White
Username Font: Optima

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, guys! :)
I've added a lot to the previous version I've sent to my beta testers, and I think they will definitely like it. :D
Also, I have decided to change some of the names I've used in the campaign, so don't be surprised if some of the people you knew before are named differently now. One will be Raven Stryker, the Hunter of Dusk. Things are getting more awesome. :D
Also, I am happy to inform you guys that my custom race is up and running. A few more tweaks, and it will be just perfect. :)
That's all for now, guys, enjoy the holidays! :)

Level 28
Wow, didn't know this project is still alive. I remember trying this months ago. Well if I still remember everything right, the terrain looks good but still have a feeling of Warcraft. I dunno but I'm pretty sure I have a nice time reading the dialogue since i find it a bit sarcastic.

Also quests are rather good specially the mini aos quest. Anyway will try it again when I get some free time.

@neo_sluf - I'm not entirely sure if I will still have a team working on this; I am having thoughts of removing all beta testers and keep several members that are essential, such as modelers like PROXY/Fan. Although this decision isn't final, and it is more likely to not happen. You still have a chance, and I will think it through and tell you what I think. :)

@sonofjay - Thank you for the reputation! My 299 became a 300. :)
The project is still alive, just taking a really long rest? :xxd:
Thank you! I still try to infuse the Warcraft campaign feeling in the missions although add an experimental mix of modern map genres (such as the AoS and the puzzle part) while keeping the transition of game styles smooth and not awkward. :)
As for the dialogue, I think I will change most of that as well, as I feel they are a bit childish and not up to what I can make now. :)
Thank you! I hope to release a new beta soon. :D

Level 5
Is there room for me to beta test? I have quite alot of free time and I enjoy good RPG's. Which this in fact seems to be quite good so far. But the main reason I checked this thread out is because my good friend sonofjay is keeping track of its progress. So if you decide to let me test, thank sonofjay for me being here.

I'm still fixing up the thread, and I'll still contact the older members that don't want to join the team anymore. :)
I'll probably set a maximum number of members in the team, to limit the distribution of the map. :D
Yes, thank you for taking interest, and you may earn a spot on the team, if the number of members that are kept do not exceed the limit I set. :D

Level 5
My findings so far:

Bugs:

I believe I found a minor bug for one of Raven Stryker's ability. Her ability Backstab doesn't seem to work. I enter stealth mode and go behind an enemys back and try to use backstab but it keeps saying "Must be behind the target"

I don't know how I got this bug but, the anicent of wonders doesn't have any units for purchase... quite weird, will check further into the matter. I have a preview image attached. Ok good news, I have found what causes the bug but I don't know how. The bug occurs if you skip the cinematic when the elven resistance capture you. It also makes the elven resistance not share vision and unable to use their wells, and of course as I mentioned before, unable to purchase units.

Suggestions:

Maybe use a custom model for the two heros, Raven and Shea? And what do you think about giving Shea a passive ability, like Marksman. The ability could decrease the enemys armor by 1-2-3 with each level. The ability could give a chance to do more damage like crictal strike with a chance like 15%-20%-25% chance to do 2x-2x-3x damage. The ability could increase her attack damage and speed with +3-+5-+8 damage and increase attack speed by 5%-10%-15%. If you decide to do this I can help with the description of the ability. And if you wanted to use it I would suggest replacing frost arrows maybe.

How about adding an item shop in the elven resistance base, like your basic health/mana potions, and some support scrolls. All costing wood of course.

NOTES: So far the campaign is very good, I would like to note excellent use in terrain and doodad placement. It makes the map feel very lively in the first chapter. Can't wait for the next beta release! :)

Attachments

• Wc3 bug.png
    Wc3 bug.png
    750.2 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Thank you very much for the feedback! :)

About the Backstab bug, I'll look into it, although there is a high chance I will not understand anything there. I might ask GT to look into it. :)
Regarding the cinematic skip, I tested it on a much more recent version, with a lot of changes from the beta you tested. I didn't experience the same thing, although I will look into it. Could you try doing what you did again and tell me if it happens again? :)
As for Raven and Shea's custom models, I could ask PROXY to make custom models after he finishes the models for the Risen army. :D
About Shea's skills, they are not finished yet. Only Lethal Trap is finished; even then it still has a bug of being able to learn the second level at level 2: an error with the Level Skip Requirement thing. I already have a skill set in mind for her, now I only need to make it. Notice that the tooltips of her three other skills are not formatted like Lethal Trap, or any of Raven's skills. :D
About the items, that is a very good idea. I could add a few to the Ancient of Wonders to help make the battle easier. :D

Thank you for the feedback again! I'll look into those bugs, and try to implement your suggestions. :D

Level 6
Yeah..there will be other around...but my advice is to code your own..because it makes you more pro....just ask them how and do the work yourself...but if it is really hard i you really need help from the others...

So how about the team..its fix now..i am a member?

Level 6
Yeah...best skills are the hardest to make...but it is really worth it when you make that on your own...but it is up to you..in this kind of map..spell doesn't really matters but the story..i suggest you add some little JOKES on the cinematic don't make it really seriously...it will just make the game boring...

Level 6
So as i can see in the screenshot...how about use some new model of Ashenvale Forest Tree?...I also suggest that you will use a new system of spells for hero...it will make sure a hit..i already have an idea...how about like THEY HAVE 4 ELEMENTS....OR THEY HAVE 4 TYPES OF SPECIALTIES...and when they click on it or COMBINED new spells will be created...SO PLAYERS CAN CHOOSE MORE THAN 16 SPELLS FROM PASSIVE TO ACTIVE SPELLS..

Personally, I think that would be too taxing to place in a campaign. Game Caches are hard to deal with. -_-
Also, some parts of the game will be skill-specific, like you have to use a certain spell to advance to the next area. :D

About the trees, I think I should stick to the Warcraft feeling, because the trees I already used go well with the terrain I made for the previous maps. :)

I'm not entirely sure why I'm posting this right now, considering nobody knows about this project anymore.

But for the sake of anyone who is still with me on this one (doubting that there is someone), as you may have noticed, this project is definitely on hold. It has been suspended indefinitely until further notice.

The reason for this is that I am currently a highschool senior. I started this project back when I was a freshman; I think I was 12 years old at the time. (Our educational system here in the Philippines is very different compared to those in the Western countries. You have 6 years of Primary school, then 4 years of Highschool; although it's about to evolve into the regular 12-year education program.) Working almost every day after classes back then was all I wanted to do. As time passed by, I ended up being an honor student at the end of my freshman year. As a sophomore, my interest in modding fell as I strived to stay in the list of excellent students. In that time, I seldom worked on it, sometimes I worked during our week-long breaks when my brother encouraged me to work on it. In my junior year, this was the time I had completely forgotten about modding. Also, at this time, THW was facing many difficulties with the society, and by the time I returned, it felt deserted. Truthfully, I miss all of my friends who left THW for their own reasons; and I hope to see all of you again soon. Thanks for everything, by the way. :)
This year, I am now about to enter school again in less than a week. As a senior, I have to focus on applying for prestigious universities, on our Student Council campaigning and elections, on many different extra-curricular activites in school, and of course, being the Class Valedictorian.
It may seem sad, my whole world now revolving around my school; even just the sight of a below excellent grade makes me flinch and feel scared. Not that I am bragging about all of this, but I am simply explaining why I'm temporarily suspending the project. I hope you all understand.

Despite this, I will still go online on THW occasionally, to check on updates on the other projects I follow. I will still also answer any questions and respond to private messages concerning The Risen, or anything else you want to know about me. :)

So, it might be a while before I see all of you again. Thank you, if you're a THW veteran that's reading this, for the great time I have had here. And thank you, if you're just a new user and you took notice of my project. No, I'm not saying goodbye; not just yet. :)

Level 30
Hey first time I bumped with this project and I must say this interests and tickles me. =D

The plot and story of the Campaign is interesting.

Terrain looks good in-game and WE. You could make the tiles smooth tho. =)

Overall, this looks so much promising even the mechanics and such are quite of the original War3.

+4 REP to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.