• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Relinquo Terra-A post-apocalyptic RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Relinquo Terra
''It just came too fast, to kill us slowly''

Story: Year 2113, U.S.A's West Coast, terrorists waited very long to take their revenge on America, so the worked on a powerful atomic bomb for 10 years. The unlucky day finnaly came and the terrorists droped the bomb, the bomb was too powerful and it left the world in ruins. After two years, mutations was caused on animals, plants and even some humans, there wasn't anymore food or water, people started killing themselves for food and other goods, they couldn't care anymore that they are doing sins. These robbing and killing for food became cannibalism, most of the people became raiders, robbing, raping, killing and cannibalising anyone that had the unluck to find or be found by them. But there was someone to at least try to change anything, a group of ex-soldiers, policemen, priests and others called themselves The Templars, an organization responsable of reviving history, culture, and change people, but their main goal was to find a Paradise Engine, a small machine capable of purifing water, removing radiations, and most important, changing the wheather.

Gameplay:
You will start waking up in a church owned by the templars:
Brother Bryan: I thought he ain't goin' to wake up...
You: Uhm, where am I?
Father Wings: You are in a holy church, your bad survinving skill (the apocalyptic era is at it's beggining so there where few with surviving skills and you aren't one of them) almost made you dinner for crazies.
You: What? What do you mean?
Father Wings: You were walking through a ruined city, three Maori raiders sneaked up on you and one of them hit you in the head with a pipe, when they drawed their knives to slice you, Brother Bryan was patroling there so when he saw everything shoot the first one that get close to you, so the other ones ran away.
You: So, what's going to happen now?
Father Wings: Your luck is enourmous, kid, the Templars desperately needs more men, Brother Bryan will teach you how to handle yourself out there, then Father Zachary will give you your first assignements. Ah, I forgot, you'll find your stuff plus a gun and a knife in that footlocker there.
And the game begins...
You can play as:
-Andrei Dragunov, an unlucky russian man that just wanted to stay in America for some weeks, he came in the U.S.A just 5 days before the bomb exploded and he couldn't go home anymore.
Type: Melee
Primary Attribute: Strength

-Monique Blue, a young woman whose family died, now she tries to survive using her shooting skills.
Type: Ranged
Primary Attribute: Dexterity

-More heroes coming very soon...

Features:
-Combat System, a damage detection engine, ability name detection, blood flewing as someone is hit and extra sounds and effects
-Book Reading, as in Fallout 1, 2 and 3, when you read a book, your skill gets better
-Talk to NPC
-Custom Music (from Fallout), the main theme when the intro cinematic is played will be the Fallout 2 main theme, when you just travel through wilderness without doing anything there will be the Fallout 3 main theme, and in each city(or cave) there will be a Fallout 2 city(or cave) theme
-Attachement system, weapons, armours and helmets appear on the character as you pick up the item
-Many others coming...

Progress:
Terrain: 5%
Units:1%
Abilities: 0%
Triggers: 15%
Ideas: 90%

Last edited:
Level 6
Cool, the Japanese blow off America with an Atomic Bomb because of boredom, lol. Good luck with your project man, same with me lol.

Um, no offense, but the storyline needs some work. Even if the Japs send an A-bomb, it would only damage a few cities at maximum, and if you argue back saying it is 2113, well although Japan's Atomic technology could have advanced, by then wouldn't America's defense also be reinforced tenfolds? And say this was plausible that the WHOLE of America got plummeted into desolation, wouldn't the UN provide help and service to the people? Sure, the land would be apocalyptic and stuff, but airplanes have been invented.

And as said, it is ALOT like Fallout, you might as well name it Fallout 4.

Other than that, I wish you good luck on your project. I also know a free app that downloads free music, called iMesh. You could get your music there.

Level 10
The thing is that I don't Fallout, the thing is that there is no other way to change the world with something that is not similar to the G.E.C.K
And don't think Fallout is the first post-apocalyptic story in the world, maybe I was inspired 10% from Fallout (the machine thing), 30% from The Road (cannibalism) and the rest are my ideas
PS:This is not the final stage of the story, it's just an idea of it, it will be 100% rewriten
EDIT: Rewritten 50% of the story, now it isn't anymore so stupid

Last edited:
It is better now...but the UN would still send out search-crafts, regardless whether they think all of America survived or not. Maybe you should say a reason why the UN, personally, can not send out their people to rescue Americans eg. the gamma radiation would make mechanical objects i.e. airplanes and boats explode.

Level 4
Nuclear fallout isnt the only way that you can destroy cities and keep other countries from helping.
disease -
evil government -
some new breaking technology that went haywire

Status
Not open for further replies.