• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Development] Survive Custom: Divergent Conflicts (PC game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
title-png.287456
A top – down action survival game.

_Background

A space shuttle has been taken over by a group of terrorist. You are assigned to investigate the situation and report back to the headquarters.

_Progression

The game started being developed in 2015 and various 2d game engines are tested and selected to create a test demo to visualize what is going to be the base of the game-play. As a result, a 2015 demo has been created to envision what the game-play mechanics but failed to fulfill the graphical aspect of the game.

1-png.287453

After the 2015 demo creation, the 2016 demo had been created a year afterwards as a result of the poor graphical content being created. The 2016 demo was specifically created to discover the true capabilities of graphics performance and improvements on game-play systems.

2-png.287454

After two years of great effort of designing demos, the time has finally come for the true development of the game with the knowledge gained from the experience. So far, 80% of the terrain has been completed and soon, the game-play development will take place. Stay updated for more news.

3-png.287455

_Download
Not available

Check out the development of Survive Custom not only here but these places too!

Attachments

• SC-A.png
    SC-A.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 423
  • adwrwf.png
    adwrwf.png
    358.4 KB · Views: 531
  • dwwdw.png
    dwwdw.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 478
  • 1.png
    1.png
    557 KB · Views: 618
  • 2.png
    2.png
    869.1 KB · Views: 611
  • 3.png
    3.png
    149.4 KB · Views: 617
  • title.png
    title.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm, I was always interested to test out to create flash game 2D

Level 15
Box2D suggests you to not set positions directly for a reason.
You can easily push stuff into walls by rotating your character.
Use forces to rotate.

I prefer not, since the character sprite is not really over-view. Moreover, I tried it before, it doesn't work well.

------Warning---------------

Press 1 and 2 to switch weapon!

Last edited:
Level 29
I prefer not, since the character sprite is not really over-view. Moreover, I tried it before, it doesn't work well.

What you have now doesn't work properly at all.
When you set the position of your character such that is suddenly intersects objects, Box2D goes crazy (since, like all physics engines, it wants continuous motion).
You need to figure out how to rotate the character without an explicit set.

Level 15
What you have now doesn't work properly at all.
When you set the position of your character such that is suddenly intersects objects, Box2D goes crazy (since, like all physics engines, it wants continuous motion).
You need to figure out how to rotate the character without an explicit set.

Thanks for the comment. I found the solution to this. It will be fixed in the next update. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.