• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Discussion] A new game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
I've just finished a survival game but here again I'm going to start yet another survival game project soon. It's different tho. This time I'm trying to make something original. Instead of a primitive survival game, it will be a combination of futuristic, top-down adventure, crafting based, open world survival game. It will take place on earth being invaded and dominated by aliens. Player plays as a survivor with some experience in robotic-engineering. To survive player will have the ability to create robots to defend himself from alien attacks or to venture the schorched earth in search for life supplies (foods, water, etc) and for spare parts to create even more advance and powerful robots. There will be final mission of destroying alien bases but that's still an idea needing works.

This game will be focusing on the crafting system. The crafting system will consist of:
- Blue print expedition: player will venture the world to find more advanced robot-design blueprints. It will unlock new and better type of robot to build.
- Spare parts and upgrades: each robot will consist of many spare parts, each part can be replaced or improved using other spare parts to increase its power.

Player can also build their own base and have to defend it from alien attacks by building robot-powered defensive structures.

I will try not to bloat too much systems into the game. Instead, I will be focusing on a few systems that will fuel all the fun throughout the game play, which is the robot-building and base defense mechanisms. Other than that, I will also try to deliver high quality, flashy, and atmospheric graphic into the game. I haven't written everything here btw. Other things such as laboratory and research system, it's all in my design book.

So why am I posting this here? Well, as always, I'm hoping to get some helps in modelling department to create robot models. Because well, robot assets are kind of rare and the good ones are pretty expensive for me. Having someone to help me will be GREAAAAT! This is definitely a dead serious project, even more than my Island Survival, and I will definitely sell the game one day. I don't mind to share the profit to anyone helping me in the project. :)

Island Survival project is stopped right away because, I believe it has a lot of originality issues. It has near-zero chance of being successful, considering the number of games with similar concept that dwarves my last project is quite A LOT. Having original concept will mean easier competition in someway, that's why I decided to start a new one instead.

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Island Survival project is stopped right away because, I believe it has a lot of originality issues. It has near-zero chance of being successful, considering the number of games with similar concept that dwarves my last project is quite A LOT. Having original concept will mean easier competition in someway, that's why I decided to start a new one instead.
I'm going to start yet another survival game project soon. It's different tho. This time I'm trying to make something original. Instead of a primitive survival game, it will be a combination of futuristic, top-down adventure, crafting based, open world survival game. It will take place on earth being invaded and dominated by aliens. Player plays as a survivor with some experience in robotic-engineering. To survive player will have the ability to create robots to defend himself from alien attacks
I see that you intend this new project to go commercial at some point.

Therefore sorry for asking, but... what makes this new project original / unique for any investor / buyer? I mean, the whole concept of earth survivor(s) fighting hordes of invaders / aliens seems very overused to me...

That being said, good luck with your new game project.
:thumbs_up:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
No problem at all.

It is imho always interesting to read the accounts of both the successes and the failures of some game developers, in order for us to learn from their experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.