• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Control Point Hero Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
After i realized that making yet another AoS isn't what i want to do, i decided to try to think of something more creative, but still keep the tactical hero gameplay.

The main objective of this game is to capture all the control points of the map.
There should be 5(or possibly 9) of them. 1 in each corner of the map and 1 in the middle.
When a Control Point is owned by your team it will spawn units that will automatically attack the nearby Control Points.
Control Points work as revival points for your Hero as well.

Each Control point owned increases the Overall morale of your team's units. Should an enemy hero die, your team gains more morale, should an allied hero die, your team looses morale.
Depending on the morale the efficiency of your team's units is increased or decreased, affecting attack & armor.

Each team has a Safezone to which they can teleport from a controlled Control Point. Here they will be able to buy items, regenerate their health & teleport to any controlled Control Point.

To capture a Control Point you would have to destroy it, and then defend it as it builds itself up again for your team. The Control Points have defending towers around itself that attack enemies though(not when building themselves) and they therefore isn't very easy to destroy on low level.

In the beginning of the game, you will start with 1 control point. Then your team will have to capture the neutal points as quickly as possible. Neutral Control Points don't have any defense or offense, but you must still defend them as they build up.

That's about the idea so far. What do you think?:wink:

Level 4
My Initial thoughts...Onslaught from Unreal Tournament 2004
After that...."hey this would be pretty cool!"

I think it sounds like a cool idea, so I give it a:thumbs_up:. I think it would be cool like 4 teams (North, South, East, West) with 2 control points per team to start off with and then 1 in the middle. Or 1 in each teams base then 1 in the middle and 1 sort of half way between the middle and the base for each team (which would add up to 9 with 4 teams) then.... ye from there it becomes a copy of onslaught (which I think would be pretty cool, if you have never played Unreal Tournament then......nothing I can do will help you:grin:).

Overall I think its a sweet idea.

Level 17
I am not very skilled in terraining, so i would probably need someone to do that part.

I added a (terrible) picture over the main idea.

The Light green parts are control points, heightened 1 cliff level over the rest of the map.

The Dark Green part is woods.

The Dark brown lines are the main roads, where creeps will go. they should be broader than on the picture.

The light brown lines is small paths in the forests.

The red dots is spawn-points for powerups.

The black part is unaccsesible.

The gray parts is the safezones.

Attachments

• Control Point Map.JPG
    Control Point Map.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 243
Level 31
Ummm, in my opinion. This idea lack of originality as it similiar to Call Of Duty, Battlefield, Unreal Tournament and etc etc. The genre style of this idea already exist in most of the FPS or Modern Warfare map, but the only thing maybe your idea isn't lack of originality might be the morale which been mention at the first post.

It is recommend that you add more variety into it or else it would be a carbon copy of other map.

Status
Not open for further replies.