• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Skirmish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm starting a new project soon, and i'd like to hear what you think about it.

The game will be 3rd person (Camera behind character.) action-based game. First a mod is chosen (Deathmatch, King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, Tag) then teams for that mod. (Not all teamstyles are open for each mod). Then everyone chooses a character, that you use to move around from alternatives (Ideas such as mage, warlock, warrior, paladin.. you get the idea, normal fantasy stuff). The characters are moved around with mouse and advance in levels whenever they kill some opponent/Fulfill objectives such as capturing the flag. I'm aiming to make the gameplay as intuitive as it could be, and im using spellbook system for skills. (Max 11 skills/character.)

More on mods:
Deathmatch: (3v3v3v3, FFA, 6v6) Basically kill all opponents you see as fast as you can. First team to reach a set amount of kills wins.
King of the Hill: (6v6, 3v3v3v3) The name says it all, point here is to stand in the middle of map for longest time possible, every second you earn control points for each of your own units there, at set amount of points you establish control and win.
Capture the Flag: (6v6) Your classic CTF, go into enemy base, get flag, return to your own base. Simple, yet effective.
Tag: (FFA) One player starts as the 'it', whoever is 'it' has increased movespeed / damage / hit points. Whenever someone dies, he becomes 'it'. Whenever you are 'it' you have timer ticking downwards from set time amount, and when it reaches 0, you're out of game and another round begins. This continues until everyone but one is out of game.

Sooo, whaddya think? Good, bad? Worse? Horrible stuff?

Level 5
Just trying to understand, is this going to sort of be like a "Halo" type game except for the fact you play with fantasy characters?

Edit: I'm not trying to imply it's a first person shooter, just that the game types (Deathmatch, King of the Hill etc) are similar.

Level 4
That's pretty much it summed up, the goal is to make an action game that's intuitive to play and skill intensive. Currently, terrain base is done, and i'm propably finishing it at the time i get home from school (Writing this there.)

If anyone feels like helping me with ability-coding, then please drop me a line because there are some abilities that i think might be a bit hard to code for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.