• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Translation Request 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hey there once again!

It's been a while since my last translation request, but I'm still making the campaign! I never give up. So, I have been making my campaign now over a year now. I have already released a lot alpha tests from it. Some of the testers have said to me that the english is bad so here I am: translation request 14. I have couple of texts and if you even can translate one text I would be greateful(to "better english"). I will give you credits at the campaign and also some rep in here. Thank you beforehand.

This time, theme is a conversation. An old, very old tree talks about who he is etc, etc. So I want you not only to edit the text to "better english", but also make the text somehow
"epic" and "oldish". I hope you understand what I mean.

It is not necessary to edit Phodom's texts. Just a "better english" is enough.

Here are the texts:

E = The Talking Tree
P = Phodom (A character of the campaign)

E: You have drank all four poison wells and you have not died yet. You are powerful, you are the one who is perhaps a challenge me. It will be an excellent battle, but first, ask me anything.
P: Who are you!?
E: I am a "thing" that have to be removed from this world.
P: A thing?
E: Indeed. I am an expirement of them. Just like you.
P: I'm not an expirement. I have my parents, they delivered me to this world. I was born, just like every human.
E: It seems like you do not know at all about us, and even your own race. How we started, when, why and what is our purpose.
P: I know... The God created us long ago.
E: God doesn't exist, there is no "god".
P: How dare you?
E: Our race... Was one of their experiments. We were one of the first ones of their expirements and we are far from perfect, unlike the race of human. We have weakness' they told us. We are too slow, we think too much, we are too big, and most of all, we live too long.
E: Then they decided to wipe us out because of our weakness'. I am the only one left now. I was wise and faster than others, I ran, and I run fast. I escaped from them, and I have been hiding here... hundred of years seeing how they make new expirement, how they wipe new expirements... And how this world changes as they want.
E: I am jealous because of you. I am jealous to all other of your kind. Why did they choose your kind? Your race was chosen to be their servant for eternity... And it was certainly that your race serve them... But then.... Your race challenged them. Now your race is free. Free of them. I wish this could happen someday to my race... but we were too weak.
E: I want to challenge you. I want fight with my last powers to a perfect race like you. The one who they let alive. Alive. I want to see what kind of race is this perfectly race they created after other 100 expirements including my race... Yes... After 100 other experiments. I want to fight one last time... Against you.

P: Tell me!? Who are "they"!?
E: So you still do not understand. They choose your race as perfect because they made your race how they wanted. Life is short, you are not as powerful as other races, you think a little and your needs are minimal. That is why you can't see all the truth of this world. You die, when some other race is still in young age. They are.... Dragons.
P: I can't believe you!
E: You believe what you want. I lost all my friends, I lost everything. Now I lost the fight. There is nothing anymore left for me. At least I saw what was this perfect race. You are a strong person, a strong race. We never could match against your race. You are the second after them I see.
E: Your race even challenged them. What a courage and bravely move... But a stupid move. We cannot win them... They are always stronger than us, at least they created us. They will always have more power. You cannot win them, they will always come back.
E: Now I go, these shall be my last word. I destroyed a powerful shield from an entrance of a dungeon nearby. I have been keeping a powerful dragon spirit inside it two centuries. Go and kill it. Do it for us, for our and your race. For the revenge. This shall be my last wish. Farewell.

Level 25
No problem

A few parts I've changed due to seemingly errors and somesuch

E: You have drunk from all four poison wells and you have not died. You are powerful, you are possibly a worthy challenge. It will be an excellent battle, but first, ask me anything.
P: Who are you?
E: I am a "thing" that has yet to be removed from this world.
P: A thing?
E: Indeed. I am an experiment of them. Just like you.
P: I'm not an experiment. I know my parents, they delivered me to this world. I was born, just like every human.
E: Hah! It seems like you do not know at all about us, or even your own race, or even its origins. How we all started, and what our purpose is.
P: I know... The God created us long ago.
E: Hah! God doesn't exist, there is no "god".
P: How dare you!
E: My race... And yours, were their experiments. Mine were one of the first experiments, and we are far from perfect, unlike your miserable race. We have weaknesses, they told us. We are too slow, we think too much, we are too big, and "worst" of all, we live too long.
E: Then they decided to destroy us because of our weaknesses. I am the only one left now. I was wise and faster than others, I ran. I escaped from them, and I have been hiding here... Hundred of years, seeing how they make new experiments, how they destroy the failed ones... And how this world changes as they want
E: I am jealous of you. I am jealous of all your kind! Why did they choose your kind? Your race was chosen to be their servants for all eternity, to be... Perfect!... But then.... Your race challenged them. Now your race is free. Free of them. I wish this could have happened to us... but we were too weak.
E: I want to challenge you. I want fight, with my last strength, to a 'perfect' race like yours. The one who they left alive. Alive. I want to see what perfection this race they created after the 100 other failures holds... Yes... After 100 other experiments, I want to fight one last time... Against you.

P: Tell me!? Who are "they"!?
E: So you still do not understand. They choose your race as perfect because they made your race exactly how they wanted. Pitifully short lives, not as strong as other races, little desire for thinking, and your needs are minimal. That is why you can't see all the truth of this world, you die before you realise it. "They"... are Dragons.
P: What? I don't believe you!
E: You believe what you want. I lost all my friends, my family, I lost everything. Now I have lost the fight. There is nothing left for me. At least I saw what this... perfect race. You are a strong person, a strong race. We never could match against your race. Almost as powerful as they are
E: Your race even challenged them. What courage and bravery... But foolish. We cannot defeat them... They are always stronger than us, for they created us. They will always have more power. You cannot defeat them, they will always come back.
E: Now I go, these shall be my last word. I destroyed a barrier blocking an entrance of a dungeon nearby. I have kept a powerful dragon spirit inside it for two centuries. Go and kill it. Do it for us, for my and your race. For vengeance. This... Is my last wish. Farewell...

Status
Not open for further replies.