• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Centaur Campaign: The Hoof Of Destiny-Full Crew Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49
Hello, Debode is here!
--------------------
You may know me if you seen my models, or my posts.

So... i am searching for a good crew for my campaign, The Hoof Of Destiny. I already got a base story, but it sucks so i also need an story writer. At all, i didn't started making this campaign, unless making models and requesting models is called a progress. So, short intro:

Intro:
Blizzard made centaurs evil. But even those evil creatures have a heart. And a destiny.

...And now for the crew:

Website: We need someone who will make us a site. It should not be a site that requires cash to be built.

Modelers\Skinners: We need some modelers and skinners(mainly skinners) to make the characters and buildings in the campaign, since some of the Chapters will require from the player to establish a base.

Voice Actors: We need them most. A total of at least 5 voice actors are required(4 main characters and the ''Story Teller''\''Creditor''). Also, a few ''minor characters'' voice actors(soldiers, villagers and such) are required.

Story Writer: We need a better story writer than me... But the story has to be somehow related to the final battle between the centaurs and taurens, that after that battle they will be in peace because of another enemy to both of them(i think it will be Harpies, but this is not 100%).And also an ''Prophet Of Destiny'' should play a role as the Prophet from the WC3 campaign.-

Triggerers(GUI and JASS): I suck at triggering... and this will be a GOOD campaign, not a sucky one that got no triggers.

Terrerainer: The second most needed crew-member. The best terrain i can make is non.

Cinematic Crew: People who are experts(or beginners at least) in cinematics, this campaign will have LOADS of them...

Logo Maker: We need someone who will make us a logo. It should be somehow related to a centaur.

Already in the crew:

Story Writer-Linaze
Triggerer-graystuff111 and ragingspeedhorn
Skinner-FrIkY
Terrainer-ragingspeedhorn and (maybe) Jamzuz
Website-Linaze

Logomaker: Zeverens

Last edited:
Level 24
Since I like you debode, and your attitude towards other people, I have decided to write a little story for you down here below, if you like it, I will improve it greatly (of course), since this is just a very basic concept of what could evolve into something good, I think.

"It was in the age of terror... Jaun Plainrunner had pushed us his enemies towards the eastern border, he sought to rid himself of that which had scourged his lands for generations. His enemies were nothing more or less than the ancient Centaur, half-humanoid and half horse, these creatures have raided the Tauren, killing their young and slaughtered pregnant women, cut offood and water supplied and even worse, made war upon the Tauren, threatening the very security and future of the race itself. But now, with new powers, and with all the tribes united, the chieftain of the Tauren would stop at nothing to win this war, only one certain enemy stopped him from crushing his foe directly... The centaur khan Khag'Zhan who was a brilliant strategist when it came to war, but was also the most fearsome warrior upon the planes. The khans oldest son, Tubb'Jeg was to lead a band of guerrilla warriors to a Tauren camp but were caught in an ambush and were taken captive by the Tauren, this is were our story begins.
Little does the son know that the fate upon the future of his and his arch-enemy's race's future will rest upon his shoulders one day and that he shall unite with those that he would refer to as his most hated enemies"

If you did like that story then read the following things I have written below, those are ideas for the different missions (chapters) for the campaign, if you already have ideas for those of your own, ditch the following ideas, or just ignore them.
  1. Riot at the Prison - You control Tubb'Jeg in his quest to find and exit trough the prisons only way out, the prison is crowded by both tauren guards, but also with centaur prisoners who will join your cause in the case that you free them.
  2. The Road East - At last you can see the sun again, you must quickly return to your father and report of your failure, and that the tauren has taken an enormous amount of prisoners, prisoners whom the khan believed to be dead, basically a map where you kill taurens until you get to your fathers camp.
  3. Inturlude: Reunion - You find your father and speak to him of your findings, though he is not glad of you're failure with the tauren base, your new information allows him to forgive you, thus sending you on another quest, a second chance to prove yourself to your father.
  4. A Second Chance - Your next quest is to find and kill the tauren seer, called Mooneyes, his death is necessary because he supplies his brothers with information about the centaurs weaknesses etc. On your way, you fight taurens and harpies.
  5. Flying Monstrosities - The seer lies dead, but this is only the calm before the storm as on your way back, you are attacked by a huge amount of flying harpies, female birds who want you dead! They speak of that they are the harbingers of the end of the world, weird enough, in the end you are saved by a group of tauren, who then walks away without speaking a word. You then get back to your father.
  6. Inturlude: Another Reunion - You get back to your father just as the final preparations for war are being made, you tell him of the harpies and that perhaps the taurens are not evil as your father has believed all the time. Your father is not happy about it but gives you control of a force that shall go and speak with the tauren chieftain, regarding an alliance.
  7. Chieftain Jaun Plainrunner - Your quest is to find the taurens chieftain and cause as little harm as is possible to his warriors and any other taurens as well. Once more you are attacked by harpies. He finally agrees to your pact of no violence. On your way back, you spot a shitload of harpies headed toward the centaur capital, you hurry back to Jaun to ask for reinforcements.
  8. Enemies No More - Jaun agrees, but says that his army is scattered, take his letter that approves the alliance, find his army and bring them to a circle of power in his town.
  9. Showdown - You ride back home whilst the taurens prepare to move out, just survive for like 40 min and then comes pewpew reinforcments.

Over and Out!

Level 1
Hi, just wanted to pop in and let you know that centaur are my favorite mythological creatures and I would love to play this campaign! I read over the summary of the story and it sounds great!

Blizzard made centaurs evil.
That they did! The centaur people are very savage, and all I can say is "Finally!!"

In original Grecian lore the centaur was a canine-toothed meat-eater and craved the taste of humans especially. Very few were peaceful and the ones that were were immediately excommunicated and banished from centaur lands. Chiron is the most famous centaur and was one of those that abhored having to eat meat and act brutish. He was a wise stallion and a teacher and he lived alone, but he was not helpless. He trained others in the art of fighting as well as healing.

D&D and other RPGs based their entire centaur society around the peaceable Chiron, as druidic herbivors and archers. They ended up more like elves than centaurs, and people don't take them seriously anymore for this very reason. I have no problem with the rare peaceable centaur or two becoming a destined leader and even gaining godhood, but on the whole they were VICIOUS MONSTERS. I haven't seen a real true Grecian centaur species in any other game thus far, so Blizzard gets kudos from me for doing so. :thumbs_up:

I don't really have anything to do right now, besides browse the forums, so I could be a triggerer I guess. My specalty is GUI spells, so don't expect me to do jass. I hate terraining, so there would be no way I would do any of that. I will give you somthing that I have been working on for a while, it acuratly represents my skills. It is protected, so don't even open it in the WE, just load it in the frozen throne. If you open it in the WE, it looks blank, but trust me, it isn't.
Dont touch anything, or else it won't work: View attachment Spells Pro.w3x

Hey Debode, I just spent a little time working on some centaur AI, it causes injured centaurs to remove themselves from battle, and ranged centaurs damaged by melee units to try and offtank themselves. Also, almost killing the centaur's Domanant Leader will cause the entire group to flee. It's not finished, but it is ok: View attachment Centaur AI.w3x

Edit: I dont know if you want to use it for anything in the campaign, but I have been sitting on that idea for a while and I just thought I would make it.

Tell me what you think, or if you want somthing else.

Last edited:
Here is a demo of the Riot at the prison map I threw together really fast. The terrain and cinimatics need work, but all in all it looks o.k.
Note: this is the first time I have tried to terrain a dungion, so it looks really crappy. The level is easy, and is completed in 5 minuits, but I just felt like trying to visualize the game.
Edit: Here, I worked on it a little, here it is.
View attachment Riot at the Prison.w3x

Last edited:
Level 49
Yea, you are back! now... can you somehow write a new level when you will need to establish a base? or, perhaps, three levels like that? so, like, when you first come to such level, you will learn about basic structures, then you will learn some advanced structures, and finally, you will be able to build all of the structures. Hope it gets good!

oh, and graystuff, RSH will make a terrain as soon as he can, so you will trigarize and cinemate it :wink:, and i will ad units and stuff :wink: :wink:

Level 24
“Jaun Plainrunner, ruler of the plains and chieftain of the Tauren, a race of minotaur-like beings, looked at a dead palm that law near a small oasis filled with crystal water. But he did not see the dead palm as it self, but as a scar of his enemy, the Centaur, half humanoid and half steed, swift, ferocious and savage creatures that have scourged the chieftains lands for as long as he can remember. Chieftain Plainrunner swore to himself to rid his lands and free his people from the curse of his enemy, the curse of the Centaur! Having pushed the Centaur to the eastern border of the desert where they lived, the chieftain had grown confident in himself, perhaps even too confident for his own good...

In a small camp, hidden under the shadow of a great mountain, a council of Centaur seers plotted revenge against the Tauren. Greatkhan Khag’Zhan, the one khan whom had grown strong by uniting the scattered centaur clans of the desert, who had become weakened after 50 years of civil war. Even though all odds seemed to be on his side, he fought a losing war that he had lost control of against the Tauren. In this time of war and chaos, a humanoid man dressed in a white robe that covered the majority of his body that called himself the Prophet of Destiny visited the Greatkhan and told him of the coming apocalypse that would sunder the world and sent it to the bottom of the sea, unless of course, the apocalypses harbingers, the harpies, we’re destroyed. Khag’Zhan laughed at the man and dismissed him from his war hut; perhaps he made the wrong decision after all…”

That’s probably it for the new “opening”, I like it way more than the other one to be honest. See you later, alligator.

Level 49
That is much better, but is kinda boring to read all that lol... anyways, as i said, this is MUCH better, but what about the new 3 levels? oh, and also, now we need to make a skin\model for a half centaur half tauren... but as soon as FrIkY will get back from his vacation, he will be able(i hope) to skin the Pit Lord...

Hey debode, I made something that may be usefull to the campaign, a chestnut centaur skin.
It is ok, I made it today useing Gimp.
Changed the hooves and recolered the fur. View attachment Centaur.blp

Attachments

• Chestnut Centaur.jpg
    Chestnut Centaur.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 195
Ya, I thought about that, it does look to orange. I already knew Fricky was the skinner, but today I downloaded GIMP and wanted to try it out. The interface is kinda annoying, but it is better than having just paint. I will change it, but it would be nice to have some variation in the centaurs.

I'll work on it some more, but I didn't expect it to be wonderful. It is my first skin.
Edit: Here it looks better:View attachment Centaur.blp
I'll change the hooves tomorrow.

Last edited:
“Jaun Plainrunner, ruler of the plains and chieftain of the Tauren, a race of minotaur-like beings, looked at a dead palm that law near a small oasis filled with crystal water. But he did not see the dead palm as it self, but as a scar of his enemy, the Centaur, half humanoid and half steed, swift, ferocious and savage creatures that have scourged the chieftains lands for as long as he can remember. Chieftain Plainrunner swore to himself to rid his lands and free his people from the curse of his enemy, the curse of the Centaur! Having pushed the Centaur to the eastern border of the desert where they lived, the chieftain had grown confident in himself, perhaps even too confident for his own good...

In a small camp, hidden under the shadow of a great mountain, a council of Centaur seers plotted revenge against the Tauren. Greatkhan Khag’Zhan, the one khan whom had grown strong by uniting the scattered centaur clans of the desert, who had become weakened after 50 years of civil war. Even though all odds seemed to be on his side, he fought a losing war that he had lost control of against the Tauren. In this time of war and chaos, a humanoid man dressed in a white robe that covered the majority of his body that called himself the Prophet of Destiny visited the Greatkhan and told him of the coming apocalypse that would sunder the world and sent it to the bottom of the sea, unless of course, the apocalypses harbingers, the harpies, we’re destroyed. Khag’Zhan laughed at the man and dismissed him from his war hut; perhaps he made the wrong decision after all…”

That’s probably it for the new “opening”, I like it way more than the other one to be honest. See you later, alligator.

I like your storyline. It is interesting to read and builds up to something bigger. If everything will be of this quality and we can implement it properly into the campaign then this will be a grand achievement.

About the first mission, do you have any pointers on what I should make, besides from it being a tauren dungeon then I can't see much of a link from that to this.

Please enlighten me, thanks.

Level 24
“Shortly after the prophet was dismissed, the Greatkhan ordered his son out on a quest, leading a dozen men towards well that was guarded by a handful of Tauren warriors, but would aid the cause of the Centaur greatly, and the attack would be worth the consequences. The greatkhan’s son, Tubb’Jeg rode west as he was ordered, but didn’t foresee the ambush that he led his men right into, many we’re killed. The rest we’re rounded up in an underground prison without access to either food or water. After almost two days of imprisonment, Tubb’Jeg had enough and slammed the door with his two back hoofs, again and again, until finally the door was breached. He now saw what was outside his cell, there were corridors with prison doors all over the place, he imagined that there could be around a hundred of his kind imprisoned here, but he had to stop imagining fast, since two guards had heard the noise he had caused and ran towards him. He fought them down easily and realized that he had been lucky, since he could find a prison key on one of the guards, which he immediately guessed would work to open the other cells. He now took his time to look around one more time, the walls of the corridor we’re made of red stone, it looked as though he we’re in some kind of former tunnel system, there were no direct road inside, and he had to follow his instinct to find his way. Torches lighted up the corridors and made it warmer, he was easily enabled to dodge or defeat any guards that found him, though there weren’t many of them on the other hand. After freeing lots of his Centaur brethren, he quickly turned towards what could look like an exit, he led his warriors towards a Tauren blockade, though they were outnumbered, they’re courage allowed them to win the battle, and escape the prison.”

For info on how the prison looks, it should be some kind of cave-ish tileset, but not use the “manmade” walls; instead the corridors are “carved” out of the walls, there should be loads of torches, not really a maze, but still lots of corridors to pick from, not making it linear. There should be cells and the “guard’s quarters” on both sides of the corridor, like in a hotel. There needs to be room for patrolling guards, ambushing guards, normal guards, room for prisoners in each cell, needs to be a room which blocks the exit which is guarded by a warden and some of his guards. Ask me any more if you want to know.

Off topic: Ty for the rep, ragingspeedhorn.

Edit: I started working on a homepage on freewebs.com debode, tell me if you like it and I should keep it.
http://www.freewebs.com/linaze/index.htm

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. I now know enough to terrain the level. Expect it done shortly.

I will try to keep the terrain in a Blizzard style, but without some of their poor design flaws and better doodad placement. As for tileset I am thinking either a modified underground or modifies dungeon. Probably the later as that is what Blizzard used in the Orc campaign for RoC.

Concerning the website, once my new modding website gets up we could get ourselves hosted there, if you want.

Rep given was rep deserved. Good work guys, keep it up.

-------------------------------------
Heroes
-------------------------------------
Something which I have been thinking about is the heroes and their models. Debode, are you able to either geomerge or scratch make some new character models for our main-characters? Because an important part of the campaign should be good looking custom units for the main-characters.

If this is out of your reach then we need to find ourselves a unit-modeler asap.

I will begin today. Time varies, depending on the size, level of complexity and detail, tileset etc. But I think it will take me a little less than a week if I work hard. However I am very busy lately so that might be prolonged. If that is the case I will then just finish the layout and leave the detail for later, in that way it can still get worked on by the rest of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.