• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"The Horde" ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
The Horde

cinematic teaser

Years of endless battles...
For decades, many have tried to defeat us...
The Alliance... Scourge... Burning Legion...
Many have tried...
Many have failed...
We stand proud! We still stand, and we always will!
We fight together and breath like one!
We are The Horde!

Greetings fellow warcraft lovers. After many hours spent working on my new project, I have decided to reveal it. It's and ORPG The Horde, a multi-map ORPG based on warcraft lore. Each map is unique and challenging with many different enemies, events and encounters.

There is also a save/load code with 14 characters that allows you to store your character and continue your adventures in one of the maps from this campaign.

There are 8 classes:
Barbarian - berserker that can strike with devastating force and aid allies by boosting their damage.

Raincaller - powerful spellcaster, very effective at destroying masses of monsters in short period of time. He can also boost allied casters' damage and cyclone one enemy for 25 seconds.

Guardian - tough warrior with skills potent at both defense and attack. Can counter incoming attacks and cause devastating damage to the attackers, as well as taunt nearby enemies, making him a perfect choice for a tank.

Mystic - potent spell caster with spells that can deal massive amount of damage in short period of time.

Assassin - a stealthy rogue, master of deception. Can enter stealth and cause enormous amounts of damage if attacking the target from behind.

Warlock - master of dark arts, capable of summoning powerful demon to crush his enemies. He can also put one target to sleep for up to 25 seconds thus allowing allies to deal with the rest of enemies with ease.

Spell Blader - very potent melee fighter with ability to combine spells with his attack and thus deal massive damage to enemies. He can also silence several enemies for few seconds which is precious for some encounters.

Shadow Priest - lord of death and shadow spells, vital member of every party because of his ability to raise dead minions that heal party members upon death. He can also heal a party member with his Gather Shadows ability which can also be used to inflict massive damage to enemy units over 20 seconds.

Level limit is 60 and it will not be possible to get to this level in first, second or not even third chapter, but when you do you will be one of the most powerful warriors the Horde has to offer. Every class can score critical strike with either spells or weapons, and in some cases even both. Your chance to score critical strike with weapons is determined by agility and your chance to score a critical hit with spells is determined by your intelligence.

There are 6 types of items:
Two handed weapons
Main hand weapons
Off hand weapons
Armors
Charms
Consumable items such as potions, scrolls, flasks etc.

Consumable items can be bough from vendors and they are free, but, very often you will be able to carry only a few of these and vendors wouldn't just pop up everywhere on the map, so be sure to use them wisely. Gold is used to trade with neutral factions only, thus you will not need to have tons of it and you will not be able to buy best possible items with it. The best items are gained in dungeons and raids, doable only in multiplayer games. Lumber is replaced with mana stones that are used to trade with ethereals. This currency can only be gained in dungeons and raids but can be traded to get powerful items.

Progress:
Hero classes: Completed
Save/load system: Completed

Chapter 1:
Completed
This chapter is uploaded on this post, but it wouldn't be uploaded in maps section until first three chapters are done.

Chapter 2:
Completed
This chapter is uploaded on this post, but it wouldn't be uploaded in maps section until first three chapters are done.

Chapter 3:
Terrain 0%
Mission events 0%
Items: 100%

Testing: 45%

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_070908_002226_01 copy.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_070908_002226_01 copy.jpg
    797.7 KB · Views: 1,928
  • WC3ScrnShot_070908_002241_02 copy.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_070908_002241_02 copy.jpg
    867.8 KB · Views: 1,575
  • WC3ScrnShot_070908_002311_03 copy.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_070908_002311_03 copy.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,390
  • WC3ScrnShot_070908_002325_04 copy.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_070908_002325_04 copy.jpg
    897.8 KB · Views: 1,276
  • WC3ScrnShot_070908_002442_01 copy.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_070908_002442_01 copy.jpg
    978.8 KB · Views: 1,505
  • WC3ScrnShot_070908_002450_02 copy.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_070908_002450_02 copy.jpg
    988.6 KB · Views: 1,113
  • WC3ScrnShot_070908_002501_03 copy.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_070908_002501_03 copy.jpg
    989.1 KB · Views: 1,099
  • The Horde Chapter 1 v1.0 locked.w3x
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,144
  • The Horde Chaper 2 v1.0 locked.w3x
    2.2 MB · Views: 662
Last edited:
Level 15
Try making the save/load system for all 3 maps. I mean that you can lad your hero fom the other map. If you haven't done it yet. Anyway it sounds good.

Level 16
Already did that. Save/load system is fully compatible with all maps from this map serial. Speaking of project... I have just finished first online testing, with very satisfying results. All abilities and mechanics are working well, all cinematics can be skipped by one player only, while others can finish watching it.
Next step: item stacking system and moving on to the next chapter.

Level 15
Well, let me give you a little advice. If you don't want the mods to eat this up, fix it. Da' rules state that you aren't allowed to use WoW or any other illegally imported models/textures. Therefore, regardless of how awesome systems you used, your project is unacceptable. And, believe me, only an idiot couldn't tell those are WoW models that you used.

Level 15
Well, I'll download it and try it out. But remember what I said: This site' doesn't take lightly to illegal models/textures. And that goes out to ALL of you asking 'lulz giv me teh mudelz plz i ned tem 4 teh loap lolololol'.

Level 5
hey, ive seen that technique to make buildings b4? dont u use tons of different pieces or sumtin? if it is that kind of technique mind telling me how to set roofs on? ive wanted to figure out how to raise and lower doodads for ages now. oh and great map btw, cant wait for more stuff

Level 15
I think you should take a look at your first map first. It's nothing but a grind-fest, with non-respawning units and a linear story. And what's the big deal with weapons? I mean, there none you could obtain other than the ones you have. Quests have no rewards, enemies don't drop anything. Seriously... you may want to put a little more into it. Not that I mean it isn't entirely unoriginal, but still.

[OFFTOPIC] Is Tribe Wars finished? I was excited to start playing it!

Level 15
There's nothing to get used to. You have different abilities for each class. OH MY GOD! Not really hard to 'get used to it', as you say.

Level 16
Chapters 1 and 2 are finished, and save/load system is changed so that it's harded to exploit it and it will be able to save number of wood (mana stones) needed for buying exotic items in trade quarter. In this trade quarter players will be able to buy items for mana crystals which are gained by killing main boss in instances. Every boss kill will give 1 mana crystal, and you will be able to store up to 7 of these. Items will cost from 1 to 7 mana ctystals.

Level 16
The project is currently on hold. I've run out of ideas for bosses in 3rd chapter and I need your help. So far I have ghoul lord and flesh giant.
Ghoul lord's damage is 30, but he gains 40 bonus damage on each hit, for as long as the target he's attacking has debuff. When his health reaches 25% he becomes enraged and attacks 150% faster than normal. He also has lifesteal, so if you plan to defeat him you'll have to make every party member a tank for a few second so that his damage wouldn't reach 3k or so.
Flesh giant has 300-400 damage and a lot of hit points. Every 2 min he will stomp the earth 4 times, tossing party members at random location within 200 AOE from where they used to be, and deal 300 damage per stomp. After he finishes stomping he will become more vulnerable to damage for 10 seconds. He will also bite random target in raid every 90 seconds, healing him for 3000 per second for 9 seconds, or until he gets interrupted.
Those are 2 of 8 bosses, but I've been off for a while, and I've got no new ideas, so any suggestion is welcome.

Level 1
Hey, if I see the first chapter it seems like it's going to be a nice project.
But only problem I got into: /save doesn't work on BNet because of Help Commands.
Any chance you could fix that please?

Level 1
As for the battle net stuff, can you be more specific? Like what help commands?

Have you never been on BNet?
If you've ever been there, you should know "/commandhere" is for BNet commands.
So if we type "/save" in a BNet hosted game, it will say in a red BNet message "this command is unknown".
So you should change all your triggered commands to "-commandhere" or "!commandhere" or something, because all commands with a "/" won't work in a BNet hosted game.

If you still don't understand what I'm talking about: open Warcraft III, go on BNet, host a game with your map and then type "/save" or any other "/" command of your map and you'll see what I'm talking about.

So I really hope you'll fix this, because this seems like a great project and I always play on BNet.

Level 3
I)eadnerzhul, WoW models are NOT illegal. That's why he got away with it in Tribe Wars.

Just like the MPQ in Warcraft 3, the one in World of Warcraft can be opened and you are allowed to extract the models. The only thing that would make it illegal is if you were to alter any of the game files located in your WoW directory. Extracting is not altering/modifying. Also, the only people that wouldn't know they were WoW models would be someone who has never played WoW, or is quite dumb. It would also be illegal if he used the models in something that was going to bring him profit and he did not have permission from Blizzard.

Now, since he is doing neither of those things, those models are NOT illegal. Thanks. :D

Note: I don't necessarily mean this as a flame. Serbianbeast, you now know that the models are not illegal. Go ahead and use them, but if for some crazy reason I'm wrong somebody please PM me.

Level 16
The point is... blizzard doesn't approve having models from their newer, more expensive games in their older games so it's not quite true, but the thing we're talking about here is not if blizz approves it or not... we're talking about if this site approves that. Anyway, yesterday I continued work on third chapter and made 1 more boss

Status
Not open for further replies.