• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Gaulish Village Survival (IS BACK!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! it is back and more awsome than before!

DESCRPTION: « We are in 50 before Christ; all Gaul is occupied by the Romans... Very? No! Because a village populated with irreducible Gaulish still resists and always to the invader. And life is not easy for the garrisons of Roman legionnaires of Jules Cesar. This Gaulish village of Murgel resists to the invader thanks to the magical potion prepared by the druid Aisling, who brings a superhuman force momentarily to whoever drink it.»

The player will start the game with a choice of 4 classes

after they have chosen the classes.. they have 10 mintutes to look around and to choose whitch classes speciality they want to be...

also the player could go hunt into the woods for boar .. and for other kinds of animal.. to found meat (to heal themselves if they get it prepared by the cook of the village) and special potion .. (with the diffrent recipies they have found on animal corpse..)

also, each spells will be brought to the trainer of the classes, like in WoW, wich gives 6 spells, intead of 4 or 5.

to make monay in the game, your hero, can kill animals, and sells the recipys, during the battle, the roman will drop money $, and if you do quest, you will also gain money.

heres the main idea of the classes.

===========CLASSES=============
-=Warrior=-
--->Group Lead(a hero that encourage the other and make extra damage.
--->Berserk (a hero that just become crazy.. low life.. but incroyable damage and attack speed.
--->Warrior (a hero that have lots of life, lots of damage.. very usefull)

-=Hunter=-
--->Beast mastery (make his pet go super powerfull)
--->Forester (poison...net..sleeping arrow.etc) (have a hawk as a pet)
--->Scout (aspect of the %?&$, hide, diversion) (dont have any pet)

-=Druid=-
--->Guardian(a hero that use everything that the mother earth have gave to the earth to protect his village, swamp of rats, plaguel etc.)
--->Alchemist(buffer, healer, supper damage)
--->Natural Guide(a druid that balance the good and the bad, that use the power of the forest to help the village)

-=Barde=-
in construction...

==========================================

Here's the ''short and basic'' description of each classes.

For this project, i started to create icons for each spells and items, the player will see or use during the epic battle.

Map Information =

Number of Levels? = 10 or more
Number of player? = 5
Camera view? = Rpg view like in WoW
Time we have between each level? = 5 minutes to go hunter or to have fun

If you want to help me with the map, i need a good spell maker, and a modeler

-=MEMBERS IN THE TEAM=-
-anarchianbedlam = Model maker
-Joe-Black-5 = Trigger maker
-Gamecrafter_DK = Trigger and spell maker
-Zeverens = Items maker
-...[you?] = ...

Icons for the map-->Gaulish's Icons Pack! - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

:thumbs_up:

SPELLS!
Summon Eagle = your hero summons an eagle that folows you and that attacks the enemis (Stat not done yet)
ddtmap2.jpg
NouveauImagebitmap-3.jpg
Druid --> Alchemist spells!

Fire potion = the druids throws a potion that explosed when it touch the ground, burns the enemis around it, and damage the enemies close of the trowing spot.

Poison potion = The druids throws a potion that when it touch the ground, it spreed gaz, that reduce the enemis attack speed, and that poison them.
--> http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1011888-post59.html

Magic Seed = The druids throws a seed, that when it touch the ground, it instantly transform into a tree, damage the enemis around the tree, and the enemis on the throwing spots, get stuck into the tree leaves.

Healing Potion = The druids, throws a potion at his allis, when they are touched, they sudently fells better. Heals the wound of the touched allis.

Alchemis concentration = Passive, increase the mana regen of your alchemist.

Magic Potion (ulty) = The druids creates a pot of magic potion, every player that clicks on it, became almost invulnerable. For a short time.
---------------------------------

ITEMS!
Potions=
Potion of Vitality = Made with medicinal ingredients and a touch of magic, this potion has the power to heal your wound instantly.
Potion of Life = Made with powerfull medicinal ingredients and a touch of magic, this potion has the power to heal your wound instantly, more powerfull than the Potion of Vitality.
Spirit Potion = This magic potion as the power to refresh your brain when you drink it. It is an old druidique reciepy and it have been usefull for them for more than thousands of years.
Fire Potion = This potion, can only be made by powerfull alchemist. Made with true magic, when you drop it on the floor, it creates an halo of flames. Handel it with care.

Meals=
Roasted Boar Meal = Favorite Gaulish Meal, this well cooked meat gives a strangly cheer up for the gaulish nation. With this, you can feed your hero so he feals better and he's not starving anymore.
Lamb Steak = Traditional Lamb Steak, very nutritive and works perfectly with wine. It is a nice and spicy meals.

Fruits=
Strawberries! = Some nice red fruits found in the forest. You can cook several things with these, like pies, cakes etc. Also known as the fruit of Pation, it is a really tasty fruit

Here's the concept for the druid's model, and the warrior model that will be created by anarchianbedlam <3 http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1011489-post31.html

Screenshots!

Attachments

• THE VILLAGE!.jpg
    THE VILLAGE!.jpg
    523.1 KB · Views: 1,107
  • The Forest.jpg
    The Forest.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 1,230
  • The Forest).jpg
    The Forest).jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 922
  • The Blacksmith.jpg
    The Blacksmith.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 1,048
  • Outside de Village.jpg
    Outside de Village.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 763
  • In the village.jpg
    In the village.jpg
    452.5 KB · Views: 1,154
  • In The village2.jpg
    In The village2.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 945
Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
An astrix and obilix rip off I see. Almost the entire first paragraph was taken from them.

I would recommend multiple modes of play. A hero defence where you fight back waves of attacks, a RPG where you just mess around and have fun and a story mode of some kind just for laughs.

well it was my goal, most ''defend'' kind of maps looks ugly, and it is a short of Rpg.. after all..

its like 42% RPG and 58% defend..

Edit = Good new! anarchianbedlam has joint the team as a modeler, he will make the model for the characters. :D each model will be concepted by me and evaluate and created by him .. <3

Last edited:
well Merlin was a shapeshifter, and he was gaulish .. so.. D:

and after all, the druid at that time were only alchemist, so it doesn't really works if i remove all the spells...

and anyway, don't worry, there's only 1 shapeshifting ability, the druid as and it's only in the cathegorie ''Guardian''

Wrong! The map cant be 110%. D:

oh LOL your right :D anyway thanks for telling me this STUPID error :p

-----------------

Good new, Void evaluated my terrain, and now! I SHALL FIXE SOME ERROR!

-----------------

Edit = Okay i need YOUR! help!

here's my question, i have to place several marchent on the map, but i can,t decide where, so that,s WHERE you enter, if you look at the atached image, i added numbers, with each numbers i want you to tell me where each marchent should be place...

ex = (1) = Cook

Here's the list of marchent i want to add.
-Cook
-Tailorist
-A guy that makes leather
-A guy that creates bows
-A fruit seller
-A Warrior trainer
-A Hunter trainer
-A Barde trainer
-..... (if i forgot anything important)

Note: some of them could be mixed together, like the Leather armor maker + the bows seller could be only 1 guy.

Attachments

• Nouveau Image bitmap (4).jpg
    Nouveau Image bitmap (4).jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Level 26
LOOKS GREAT SO FAR MR.G. i shan't let you down my little quebecanese hobgoblin. BWARRGH!

might i suggest having a weapons smith instead of just a bow maker, and/or an armor maker or (like in WOW) different types of armor (e.g. leather, plate, chain, cloth, etc). as for their placement, it doesn't really matter, maybe near a building, like the weapons and armor guy near a smithery or the cook near a kitchen or outdoor campfire

Vendors Idea!

Cook = sells meat, bread, etc..

Druid of the village = Trains the druid classes, and Sells potions, magic items, magic recepis (bread, soup, tea, etc.), and special druid items.

Blacksmith = Sells Mail armor, Plate armor, the normal weaponds (hammer, sword, shields, axes, spear, glaive, dagger, armor)

Trash vendor = Sells abit of everything, and he's the only one that buys your stuff.

Hunter trainer = trains the hunter classes, and sells bows and special hunter items.

Warrior trainer = Trains the warrior classes, and sells warrior special items.

Barde trainer = Trains the Bard classes, sells music instrument and special bard items.

that's my idea, and now is your turn, if you have any comments or idea, post it here :p

1) i have an idea... why can't we play a beta? everyone is talking about the game, as if they played it? i just can't seem to find it...
2) a bow salesman would be known as a bowyer.
3) what about a mercenary camp?
4) An enchanter, selling "recipes" having one of them called "agility - Boots" along with a pair of boots, would create a new item called e.g. Leggings of agility. i know it's a lot of work, but you could limit it to only specific items.
5) God temple, where you can stand, and "pray", do the cast animation each 5 seconds, and get 1 lumber each time (which would be god points) and then spend them to smite the evil coming?

Hope ya can use it ;) i have looked at this thread a long time, i want that map! it looks SO good!

well the beta will come, but for now the statistics are

Spells created = 2%
Items created =1% (kind of)
Terrain = 100%
trigger created = 2%
Interface/icons/skins/model created = 5%

so you will have to wait ALOT for it, why i need help :p, also, i'm making the interface, the icons, and the skins for the game so it does take longer :p so don't wait for this map so much ^^

and i'm glad you like it.

------------------------------

Edit = forgot to tell that, there is 4 classes, Druid, Hunter, Warrior, and Bard, and each of them have 3 sub classes.

and each subclasses will have 5 or 6 (haven't decided yet) spells each.
and it was an old project i know, but i simply put it down for a couple of month, and now i got the interrest back, even if i had only done the terrain so far.

Good news! Gamecrafter_DK just joint the team ! (we talked to each other in p.m and i accepted :D

Welcome Gamecrafter_DK and my the force of triggers! be with you!

------------------------
Good news = the Phoenix Call attack is ready (just need to balance it)

If you need some vJass spells I could quickly put some together, I guess. =P

wow THANKS ALOT, but for now i don't really need your help, i have saw your rpg progress looks great, the only thing i might need is a camera like your map if you don't mind :p

-------------------
Project news = New icon, i made for the hunter spell, multiple shot, and we have 2 new spell incoming,
BTNMultipleshot - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

#1 = Natures potion! = the druid throws a seed that when it touch the grounds it transform into a tree, dealing damage on the enemis close to it, and slows the enemis around it because of the roots coming from the tree..

#1 = Multple Shot! = The hunter shoots more than 1 arrows to his enemis, does deadly damage.

level 1 = 2 arrows
level 2 = 3 arrows
level 3 = 4 arrows

New map information = I called it, Living Computer!

here's the description.

Each Vendor when you will come close to, will welcome you. Each time you will walk really close to a chicken, it will ''scream'' and run away. When you go hunting boar, if you miss, it will flew away, in the srub, you will have to folow it quicly if you don,t want to lose it.

many other kind of triggers like that will be added :D just need to find ideas :D

Hey Everybody! as the spellmaker, i've thought about which classes they should be, and what spells they should have... as i guess is what I should care about...

Code:
Done D
Done, triggered DT
undone, triggered T
Undone, not triggered <nothing>
and then, if it acts with another trigger, i'll write *

well here goes:
Singer:
pure aura master.
* Brilliance aura
* Command aura
* Trueshot aura (or maybe thorns... dunno...)
T Ult: Enforcing Note - to all with brilliance aura on them, they will gain 100 mana, to all with command aura on them - they will gain 75 hp to all with Trueshot aura - they will get +100 speed, that will slowly dissipate.

Battlebard:
A ranged spellcaster / decreases the effect of what enemies can do. (ult not clear)
D Negative brilliance aura - removes mana points (only if creeps have mana)
DT* Spiritual ward - a ward you place, with the abilities to just keep itself alive, or something, maybe a disadvantage aura.
DT Taunt and vanish (working title) - you taunt all nearby enemies... 5 seconds passes, and you teleport 1000 range closer to your spiritual ward.
DT Screech - like thunder clap, it makes them dissy, and damages, then, they should move AWAY from the point where your spiritual ward is.

Village bard:
A buffer mainly. also able to do damage (this isn't all thought-through... not sure which are getting trigged or not.)
Charm
Whaddaya call it... mr.goblin had a name for it... some "fake singing" name or something - based on shockwave, damages.
Devotion aura
Ult: Encouraging aura - Endurance aura... goes great with the magic potion, since magic potion only gives damage and hp...

hope it's ok i posted it here :D

Last edited:
They are triggered... many of them... they're just based on those i wrote.

merge: The singer's abilities all act in one trigger, the enforcing note trigger... e.g. i'll write a code of what i've done, and which ones i haven't done.

merge: by the way, i don't think you know that you are saying "joint" instead of joined XD ???

Last edited:
i love your bard idea, but before doing spells, we have to found the theme

here's my ideas.. merge into yours.

BattleBard = with his musique, he gives courage to his fighting allis, (he gives aura, buffs, heals, and has protecting abilitys like ''big bang vodoo spells kind of''
so he's mainly a group helper

Singer (entertainner) = he has aeo abilitys, he has lots of damaging spells, curse, etc. So he's mainly a hero that those ALOT of damage.

Musician = he is a crazy dude, that with his singing, he becomes better and more dangerous, like he sings during the battle :p
So he's mainly a hero that is unstapable, does average damage, but simply CAN'T die :D

Update on completed spells

Triggered abilities:

Multishot shoots 2/3/4 damaging arrows
based: Forked lightning
triggering: yes. damages the main-target [your speed x level of your hero / 10]
complete: Nearly, small problem, the arrows aint showing.

Spiritual ward creates an invisible wall, with the ability to sacrifice itself, doing 50 / 125 / 250 damage in a very small area.
Based: sentry ward
Triggering: yes, and a big part of other spells.

Taunt and vanish Taunts 8/16/24 of the nearest enemies... wait 5 seconds, teleports [level of spell x 500] towards the spiritual ward
Based: taunt
Triggering: yes, the teleport towards the ward (TO WARD s = towards)

Amplified Note damages and dizzies nearby enemies. shortly after, they will be forced away from the area.
Based: Thunder clap
Triggering: yes, the moving away, and blinking on the head of the target, making them look really stunned by the attack.

Charge Makes the caster run through the enemies, damaging as he runs by.
Based: Shockwave
Triggering: yes, off colission size, increased speed.

Blood frenzied slash Damaging the enemy a percentage, of damage it already have on it.
Based: storm bolt
Triggering: yes, [max life - current life](of target) X [½/1/1½] - damage.

Diversion shoots a flash into the sky, and makes alot of black powder explosions all around the enemy units.
Based: Shockwave (dummy)
Triggering: yes, makes them go around in no particular pattern. the art is also targeted.

That's about all! i'll post more, if mr.gob wants me to.

Last edited:
i'm looking for a musique, here's some good examples.. but i need your help to choose it :D

1# YouTube - Celtique - Musique
2# YouTube - Mugar - Mehdi
3# YouTube - celte irlande
4# YouTube - Celtique Irish Folk
5# YouTube - Enya - Celtic Gaelic Irish - Celtic Fiddle

some are too energetic, but could also be abit funny, in an epic battle to ear it :D

-----------------------------

Edit= Druid --> Alchemist spells revealed!

Fire potion = the druids throws a potion that explosed when it touch the ground, burns the enemis around it, and damage the enemies close of the trowing spot.

Poison potion = The druids throws a potion that when it touch the ground, it spreed gaz, that reduce the enemis attack speed, and that poison them.

Magic Seed = The druids throws a seed, that when it touch the ground, it instantly transform into a tree, damage the enemis around the tree, and the enemis on the throwing spots, get stuck into the tree leaves.

Healing Potion = The druids, throws a potion at his allis, when they are touched, they sudently fells better. Heals the wound of the touched allis.

Alchemis concentration = Passive, increase the mana regen of your alchemist.

Magic Potion (ulty) = The druids creates a pot of magic potion, every player that clicks on it, became almost invulnerable. For a short time.

Last edited:
uuh?

any hero can have 5 spells maximum... and btw, can you remove the coloring? i am colourblind, and it hurts my eyes XD

oh... and btw... that stuck in the tree thingy... aint gonna happen i believe... sadly, it doesn't really work, since the tornado it is based on, makes them go invulnerable, removing the effect of the trees' aura. and, the tree model replaces the unit model.
:sad:

hum than if it's 5 spell maximum wich i tought it was 6, than we could remove the ''magic seed ability''

-----------------------

Edit = GOOD NEWS!, Verhalthur has joint the team as a Item maker :D = not that i couldn't do it, but it basicly is the answer, because of my homeworks i don't really have the time to make ALL

(create icons, Create the new interface, give orders and ideas, create simple spells, create skins, create items, create the units, create items.. etc..)

so meeh, i'm shure it wont bother you :D

Last edited:
Joe-black-5 is now working on it, and if it´s really not working, we should change the idea, completly, but well, we will see, who he´s dealing with it.

Here´s an idea, when you throw the potion on the floor, when it touches the ground, every unit arround it can´t move and theres attack speed is reduce.

So it will be a good combo using the Fire-Potion with this spell, as for the healing potion.
To stop the enemis from killing someone so you can save his life, that would me really easy to do and really nice to do too :D

so IF!!! the Magic Seed spell doesnt work, will do that.

it will, we hope..

Good news, new sections added on the map, ''THE SHORE'' in this sections, you could buy imported items from the seas, and they will have special events, like Pirate attack etc..

Attachments

• Shore2.jpg
    Shore2.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 348
  • SHORE.jpg
    SHORE.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 298
Status
Not open for further replies.