• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Baulders gate ToTC single player orpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
BALDURS GATE TOCT SINGLE PLAYER ORPGputting my other projects on hold i decided to make a baldurs gate rpg for thoose who all know it and played it, i'm adding alot more creatures and weapons so it will have a wider variety of weaponry and beastiary details about it are(Using classes from Shadows of amn to make it a wider variety)

-Pick your characters class,what type of abillities, or what type of fighter(kensai,wizard slayer,beserker,and etc)
-equipment requirement
-same baldurs gate abillities(triggered for greater effects
-Same story line but minorly altered with more quests and some old ones removed
-map movement is the same(go to the border of the map to move(a map button to know where you go and a noticer to show where you just went)
-the favorable picking what you say to the npc when talking to them(So a person like,,, Kivan could ask to join your party but you could simply say no, a insulting statement to turn him hostile, or say something like yes you would be a good ranger for us or you could turn down a quest if you dont feel like it, or pick a fight with a drunk =) its going to be just like the original one
----------------------------------------------------------------------
sadly my screen shots are screwed up but if i could i would gladly send screen shots
please send thoughts and ideas for anything i missed

Level 10
I liked Baulder's gate, it'll be interesting to see how this progresses.

Here's some help with getting some screenshots -

Fraps - A great program for taking screenshots ingame.

Ifranview - I use this to convert fraps screenshots into better file types for posting, aswell as other simple stuff like resizing.

Both those programs are freeware, so you should be able to load up some screenies with their aid

Level 4
More Features/bad news

I'am happily to inform of new features i'am working on:smile:, before that i have a bit of bad news:sad: the reasons that it may take awhile is because of theese reasons
-i have to play through baldur's gate again to know what they exactly say.
-i'am working on this solo sadly:hohum:
-making a map of each area takes a long time (alot of areas to make :bored:)
-school takes up alot of time*home work,studying,and ect *
But enough of the bad stuff here is the features i attend on adding
-Map shows where you are at(The place you are at is highlighted in a color)
-spells are buyable (just like the old one)
-Using alot of spells from the Baldur's gate,Throne of bhall,and shadows of amn
-Durlag's tower replaced with a longer dungeon(harder puzzles/etc)
-----------------------------------------------------
I promise you this,this will be done it won't be thrown to the side so don't start saying this map will never be completed
also screen shots will be sent soon after i finnish terraining and triggering some stuff

Level 3
:thumbs_up:

To the eyes bubu!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amazing, i love this game, If you want i could help you

A Maximum of 6 characters in a party?

Last edited:
Level 4
Dark Alliance or the other? First one was fun, especially having insta-kill on 75% of the enemies. Sounds interesting at any point.

I'm doing the very first one on the computer Tales of Sword Coast
also heres a picture of the dungeon replacing durlag's tower(still being worked on)

Heres a couple of screen shots of Kazigar's Fortress in game,
thpix.gif

Attachments

• Kazigar's Fortress.tga
    3.4 MB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.