• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well definitely not puzzles again, we've had enough of those.
How about a horror arena styled map, where players either pick the class they want or they play a specific role and the objective changes over time. The arena could be really dark, atmospheric with headless horsemen for example going around. Although that sounds like a specific map, not a theme. :ogre_icwydt:
My idea for the theme would be a horror arena, with changing objectives.

Level 13
I wouldn't mind trying this out I would only be able to do terrain though which would make my partner have to work more sadly.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
What the hell? Warcraft3's time will be over only when we say it's over. I'm buying Sc2 soon, but there are many years ahead for me with war3 anyways. I've bought this game at premiere (that is 2002) and haven't stoped playing during that time at all. Have thousands of MS, my accounts reach years in /played but I don't care. I had great time playing ladder, played even with stars like Insomnia, but it's time for WE. I still need to archieve a lot.

Btw I'm fan of any Blizzard game ;) My battle.net account owns every game that is posible to be displayed. Unless you take decision to leave game, the game's time for you is never over.

I think you got my point; how can you claim that two mapping contests can't work at the same time, although this was suggested before the initiation of the Weekend Mapping Madness? That's the reason why it felt rushed to me.

Anyway, not that I am desperately looking for something like this, but it's been some time now since InfinateAnswers suggested it.

I think you got my point; how can you claim that two mapping contests can't work at the same time, although this was suggested before the initiation of the Weekend Mapping Madness? That's the reason why it felt rushed to me.

Anyway, not that I am desperately looking for something like this, but it's been some time now since InfinateAnswers suggested it.

Oh sorry about that ;/
But 3 mini-game mapping contests were already planned, the themes as well, and the mini-game mapping contest number 5 is the second one. I'm sorry that I didn't find out about this thread faster, we can still start this one before the 6th mini-game mapping contest.
edit: And for my protection, IT WAS ALL KOBAS' IDEA

Level 30
Well, since this would be a Paired Contest, a map with double theme would fit nice. I had a pretty nice idea of my own version of Rabbits VS Sheep, where you would buy units and fight them in arena with your team. For each unit you slay, one same will go forward a mini AoS for your team. That would make, in this case, a combination of Survival and AoS.

Level 30
Because it's pointless. Obvious fails are obvious.

Anyways, the Horror theme is nice, but I don't think many are able to do it properly, mostly because this involves fu*king around with Light Doodads, pathing, Fog, and mostly, sounds. From what I saw in current contests running... Ugh.

Level 21
Anyways, the Horror theme is nice, but I don't think many are able to do it properly, mostly because this involves fu*king around with Light Doodads, pathing, Fog, and mostly, sounds. From what I saw in current contests running... Ugh.
*sniff*
That news makes Tickles sad, since Dark Vestige was partly horror.

I would love a contest with a full-on horror theme, though. But to make it easier, maybe it could just be a death-based theme? It could revolve around horror, Halloween, or just undead creatures in general.

Also, is soloing allowed in paired mapping contests? It seems like soloing or teaming up would have equal advantages and disadvantages.

I can do that but I do agree with Bugz that it wouldn't attract as many mappers as most of the time it does require experience....

Level 30
Well, I think we haven't had a proper Tower Defense for a long time. Also, tiny mini RPGs are not made recently. But why don't we go for a Double Theme? Let me get this rolling.
the%20hive%20workshop.png

paired.png
mapping.png
contest.png
number.png
6.png
9.png

2ba4f7ea-1d88-4b14-8c61-e74f95d6ce9a

Double Theme
Contestants are expected to get involved in this contest in a team of two. Such teams are required to make the map with two different genres; whether it will be TD & AoS, AoS & Survival, RPG & Hero Defense - it's up to contestants to decide. The map is judged by creativity, compatibility of the genres, fun factor, originality and triggering stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.