• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Next texturing contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
You take a look at the Game Interface and tell me again you want to make your own dozens or maybe even hundreds of custom made images for a time-rescricted game. Not to mention: How many people do you expect to join for something this big? Are they all willing to spend so much time?

The chance of having a successful UI contest is just as much as the chance of extinguishing a bonfire with a paperclip.

Level 18
UI's are wayyy too time consuming
It usually takes someone a good amount of time to finish one
I've never seen someone bang one out for a contest
It is alot to do because yes..what you see is what you get with them
I'm not for it personally

I vote for Dio's model...

although
that long hair thingy on the model's neck is quite narrow, hardly can become something else than a *hair*, what many kinds of skins wouldn't make use of...if only it had a face to cover the hole that may remain if the hair is made transparent
if it weren't for the unwrap, id ask the wings to be wider...but it would become crappy in the wrapping if so...
also i think that 512² is way too much, 256² would be better, also more tricky to make it look good and not taking a lot of filesize

everything else gives hundreds of possibilities, ive got an idea of what my entry will be =P

Oh good to know that, I'm totally shavin his head lol

btw,
Why does it have this hole in the back?
attachment.php

I didn't do any changes yet.
Maybe a flipped normal?

Attachments

• hole.PNG
    hole.PNG
    40.8 KB · Views: 180
Level 9
We'll the contest be about Dionesiist's awsome model or some UI shit that will takes months to make?

Just wondering, because I am not very excitied to spend like 50 hours creating some UI that nobody will use (not even myself), because everybody will use the winners UI.

Status
Not open for further replies.