• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] How to make a unit unselectable but still targetable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
To make it unselectable (which also removes health bars), you can create an ability based of Chaos which transforms the unit into the unit that you want.

Add Locust through triggers and then add that chaos ability.
Make sure that the unit is NOT the same as the unit in the chaos ability because if they are the same, the effect will not occur.

When the unit is changed, it will remove locust but still remains locust classified.
So you have an unselectable, targetable unit.

In this example map, I create unselectable riflemans which are still affected by collision and are still targetable.

EDIT:
Ow yes, if you want to remove collision, add the ability "Ghost (visible)" to the unit and turn off collision in triggers.

Attachments

• Unselectable.w3x
    16.8 KB · Views: 139
Level 6
To make it unselectable (which also removes health bars), you can create an ability based of Chaos which transforms the unit into the unit that you want.

Add Locust through triggers and then add that chaos ability.
Make sure that the unit is NOT the same as the unit in the chaos ability because if they are the same, the effect will not occur.

When the unit is changed, it will remove locust but still remains locust classified.
So you have an unselectable, targetable unit.

In this example map, I create unselectable riflemans which are still affected by collision and are still targetable.

EDIT:
Ow yes, if you want to remove collision, add the ability "Ghost (visible)" to the unit and turn off collision in triggers.

I tried the test map and this is what I'm looking for +rep to you .

~SOLVED

Level 24
+rep to you

WHOAH!!!
First time in my life that someone gives me blue rep
Looking-Cute-Happy-Baby.jpg

Level 24
In addition to what I mentioned before...
There seems to be a big pile of problems with the Chaos Ability.

Instead of using chaos, you can use an ability based of Bear Form.
Set the Normal Unit form to the unit you wan to have eventually and set the Alternate form to the dummy unit which you have before.
In the test map of the chaos, the Normal unit would be rifleman and the Alternate unit would be footman.
(make sure that the requirements are gone again.)

Then add the ability and immediately remove it.

Then you have got the exact same effect except for the big pile of errors which you might find on your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.