• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC3 Download Archive (1.00 - 1.31.1 + BETA & DEMO)

Level 29
Edit: One question: If I want to return to 1.29 and 1.31, do I have to reset the registry every time? Thanks!
To be clear, you don't need to reset the registry before switching between 1.29 and 1.31.
1.29 and 1.31 has the "User Game Save Folder" with "/" being used to separate the path for the save folders. The only problem is if you want to play along with 1.28, you'll get missing profile issue (the game will always attempt to create a new profile, even if you have the previous one). 1.28 registry uses the old one for separating a path, which is the "\".
If you have a Reforged, you'll need to purge the registry, especially the WorldEdit one. This tool might help you.

hello everyone does anyone know how to add the lastest reforged updates to this page/where to get them? thanks in advance
Search through Google. There are many sites that provide the latest Reforged updates (1.35). However, I won't post the download link, along how to unlock the Reforged mode (HD), because Hive doesn't support anything related to piracy.

Or, just get a Battle.net app and download the ROC/TFT without actually buying it. This will get straight to 1.35, but it won't allow you to get Reforged mode.

Level 29
Does this require CD keys?
For legacy graphics, only valid Reign of Chaos key is required because Blizzard had merged both games (ROC + TFT) as of June 2019. To play the game on new graphics, you probably need to buy a license key. There is a method to get it, but it's illegal (because it was against the Blizzard piracy rule) and won't be allowed in this forum.

Level 4
You are a life-saver with this post. Thank you so much for the patches! I can now enjoy all custom campaigns that nowadays, with the current game, have issues.

Level 2
Hello everyone. I recently found several of the patches missing from the archive (per the list in the original post), and since you helped me fill in numerous gaps in my own archive, I thought it would be fair to share my findings with you. More specifically, I've got TFT 1.20a, 1.20e, 1.23a + a rather unexpected discovery, an unofficial downgrade patch (loose files) to 1.07, the gold master version of TFT. The 1.20e thing comes in two flavors - as a full patch and as a 1.20d upgrade. You can use whichever you prefer.

I've put them on my Google Drive because it's easier to share stuff this way. The .zip is about 163 MB in size. Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ipF6rEafYn-pgaSTJaThtf_Z_d8PX2Bv/view?usp=share_link

I'll keep my eyes open for anything else I may come across. About 1.10 - I have a strong suspicion it was never released as a standalone patch, but only as an automatic update, though I could be wrong. At any rate, if I find anything else, I will drop by.

Level 4
1.31.1 does not seem to work for me. The game window is all black, no matter if I start the 64 bit or the 32 bit verson.

Does it work for you guys? Has anyone encountered this?

Level 29
1.31.1 does not seem to work for me. The game window is all black, no matter if I start the 64 bit or the 32 bit verson.

Does it work for you guys? Has anyone encountered this?
Try this (only works if your language is non-English):
Why do I have a black screen at startup? (relevant for versions 1.30.0.9900-1.32)
The client’s language and the language in the registry do not match, you need to change the language in the registry to the one in the client.
(w3 - Retail, w3t - Test PTR, w3b - Beta)
(enUS ruRU deDE esES frFR itIT koKR plPL zhCN zhTW - ROC TFT)
(enUS ruRU deDE esES frFR itIT koKR plPL zhCN zhTW enGB esMX jaJP ptBR thTH - Reforged)
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Classic Launcher\w3] "Locale"="enUS"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Classic Launcher\w3t] "Locale"="enUS"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Classic Launcher\w3b] "Locale"="enUS"

Level 4
For the "-launch" parameter thing, you simply add this for "Warcraft III.exe", which is located in "retail\x86_x64\" folder. This will start the game without Battle.net app.
The "play offline" feature is grayed out. Is this version playable in any way?

Level 29
The "play offline" feature is grayed out. Is this version playable in any way?
To be clear, some people have reported this kind of issues, along with the infinite loading screen (the game always stuck on lion head thing).
Actually, reinstalling Battle.net app and putting the Reign of Chaos key will solve this problem, but I don't know if this trick will work on the latest patches.
Maybe see this:

Level 1
Hello people!
Does anybody know, how to play multiplayer? It gives me an error "Unable to connect Battle.net. You may be trying to connect to invalid battle.net server.....".
How to menage that??? Help pls

Level 17
Hello people!
Does anybody know, how to play multiplayer? It gives me an error "Unable to connect Battle.net. You may be trying to connect to invalid battle.net server.....".
Battle.net can only be played from the latest version, but there's 3rd party servers you might be able to find instructions for somewhere online. And LAN is also an option if you've got either friends on the LAN or a way to emulate LAN

Level 29
Hello people!
The official Battle.net server is no longer supported for classic version because of Reforged.
You have to use an alternative method like GameRanger.

Level 4
does anybody have a vid on how to dl warcraft 1.32.10 I cant seem to comprehend how to download it Its just gives me the blizzard log in If anybody has a vid it would be highly appreciated

Level 29
does anybody have a vid on how to dl warcraft 1.32.10 I cant seem to comprehend how to download it Its just gives me the blizzard log in If anybody has a vid it would be highly appreciated
Just search through Google. You can find various sites for Warcraft 3: Reforged, especially the latest one (1.35). Keep in mind, all download links are not official and even illegal due to the fact Blizzard no longer provided an official download for previous version of Reforged, so I won't be posted here.

Level 29
where can i download 1.31.1 for classic? Ty
What do you mean "1.31.1 for classic"? All versions from this thread are purely legacy Warcraft III with no Reforged features.
To download 1.31.1, please refer to this picture below:
1.31.1 DOWNLOAD.jpg

Level 2
Below are lists of WC3 installation and patch downloads.

Please don't share any cracked or otherwise manipulated files.
This list is only intended for people who already own the game, you still need a CD-key!

• 1.01c
  • 1.04c
  • TFT: 1.20a; 1.20e
  • 1.23a
  • 1.28.0; 1.28.1; 1.28.2; 1.28.3; 1.28.4
  • 1.29.0b
  • 1.30.0; 1.30.0a; 1.30.2; 1.30.3

1.07Patch Info:
- Gold Master Version of The Frozen Throne
1.10Patch Info:
- Numerous new features and upgrades to Reign of Chaos
1.13Patch Info:
- Includes Acts II & III of the TFT Orc Bonus Campaign
1.21bPatch Info:
- No longer requires the CD
1.24bPatch Info:
- Max map size increased from 4MB to 8MB
1.25bPatch Info:
- Widescreen support (stretched)
1.27aPatch Info:
- Improved Windows 7/8.1/10 compatibility
1.27bPatch Info:
- Max file size increased from 8MB to 128MB
1.28Patch Info:
- Data migration: user data (saves etc.) now stored in Documents folder
1.28.3Patch Info:
  • RoC and TFT consolidated into one executable/World Editor
  • Main Menu switch between RoC and TFT
1.29.0Patch Info:
  • Widescreen support (not stretched)
  • 24 player support
1.29.0bPatch Info:
  • Many new natives
  • WE limits raised
  • Last version to support WinXP
1.30.0Patch Info:
  • Switch from MPQ to CASC
  • vJASS support
  • Some new natives
  • Tileset size inceased to 16
1.30.1Patch Info:
- Game can use up to 3GB of memory
1.30.2Patch Info:
- Installation supports Reforged pre-purchase keys
1.31.0Patch Info:
  • 64-bit support
  • Beta Lua support
  • Many new WE features

Game Installers

Game Files

Patch Installers

Patch Files

BETA & DEMO

Other Languages

1.21aHiveMEGA
1.28.5HiveMEGA
1.29.1Hive
Hive Post
MEGA
QNAP
1.29.2.9208 PTRHiveMEGA
1.29.2HiveMEGA
1.30.1HiveMEGA
1.30.4Hive
Hive Post
MEGA
QNAP
1.31.1Hive
Hive Post*
MEGA
MediaFire
Google Drive (split zip): 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8
noHD, noCASC
Hive
Hive Post*

* Check out the Hive post for help and more details
Run the installer from the WC3 installation folder if you have multiple installations.

RoC

TFT

Chinese Simplified1.29 1.30 1.31
Chinese Traditional 1.27Hive
Czech 1.27Hive
French 1.27Hive
German 1.27Hive
Italian 1.27Hive
Korean 1.27Hive
Polish 1.27Hive
Russian 1.27Hive
Spanish 1.27Hive

FAQ

Where do I put my Saves/Maps/Campaigns/Screenshots/Replays?

- Up to patch 1.27b, these are located in the installation folder.
- Starting with patch 1.28, these are located in your user Documents folder (C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Warcraft III).

Do I need a CD to launch the game?
- 1.21b is the first patch that drops the CD check. All previous versions require a CD to play.

My singleplayer profile isn't being saved, how do I fix this?
- Download and run SP Profile Fix. It fixes a problem in the registry.

I'm using Windows 98/2000/XP. Can I play WC3?
- See this post. Original system requirements are here.
- XP support is dropped after 1.29.x
If you are looking for all versions of the game in spanish:

--- 𝕎𝕒𝕣ℂ𝕣𝕒𝕗𝕥 𝕀𝕀𝕀 - ℂ𝕝𝕒𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕔 (𝟙.𝟘 > 𝟙.𝟛𝟙.𝟙 - ℂ𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕠)
MEGA
O
Google Drive
---

Level 1
Hi everyone. I just unnistalled my Reforged WC3 because it was too big for my SSD. So I want to install older versions of the WC3: TFT to play some Custom Campaigns and maps. I've installed the 1.27 versions. How can I upgrade up to the 1.30 version from the files? I just have to download the 1.30 files from the link and copy/paste them in the WC3 folder?
Thanks all

Level 29
Hi everyone. I just unnistalled my Reforged WC3 because it was too big for my SSD. So I want to install older versions of the WC3: TFT to play some Custom Campaigns and maps. I've installed the 1.27 versions. How can I upgrade up to the 1.30 version from the files? I just have to download the 1.30 files from the link and copy/paste them in the WC3 folder?
Thanks all
You can't upgrade the versions to higher than 1.27b because those patches were made using the Battle.net app. That's why all files from 1.28 to higher on this thread were made unofficially (compressed), at which you actually play the game without the installation (portable).
The good news is that you'll be able to have multiple versions of game with this method, as long as they are in separate folders.

Level 29
I have WC Reforged but can this previous patches be installed on it or is this only working on the WCIII original?
You can have multiple installs of the game, regardless of your versions. However, if you have BOTH Reforged and Classic, you might risk of breaking the game registry itself, which prevented you for using the World Editor.
I highly suggest removing either Reforged or Classic (registries included), depending on your choices.

Level 5
You can have multiple installs of the game, regardless of your versions. However, if you have BOTH Reforged and Classic, you might risk of breaking the game registry itself, which prevented you for using the World Editor.
I highly suggest removing either Reforged or Classic (registries included), depending on your choices.
Ah thank you for the warning, is there any other risk of it? I dont use World Editor at the moment so as long as it can be returned back later I am fine to risk it

Level 29
Ah thank you for the warning, is there any other risk of it? I dont use World Editor at the moment so as long as it can be returned back later I am fine to risk it
The only risk if you have both Reforged and Classic is that you might run into some issues due to incompatible registries.
This can be fixed by deleting the following registry keys with Registry Editor.
These can be found in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\":
-Classic Launcher
-Warcraft III
-WorldEdit

However, if you are going for the World Editor, it is NOT necessary to delete everything, but this:
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\WorldEdit\Tool Window".

Level 5
The only risk if you have both Reforged and Classic is that you might run into some issues due to incompatible registries.
This can be fixed by deleting the following registry keys with Registry Editor.
These can be found in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\":
-Classic Launcher
-Warcraft III
-WorldEdit

However, if you are going for the World Editor, it is NOT necessary to delete everything, but this:
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\WorldEdit\Tool Window".
Ah I see, thank you so much for the information

Level 1
I have a copy of a 64 bit version of Warcraft III for mac (1.31.1.12173). It works on my Apple Silicon with OS Ventura 13.0. It seems like it's the only copy available in the internet, I couldn't find any other.
The greatest thing is that it's only 2 GB in size, not 30 GB as Reforged version.
However, the app is unpacked. It runs if you just copy it to another computer, but to legally share it I need to somehow delete a license information. Maybe somebody can help. I want to share this version.

Attachments

• data files.png
    data files.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Level 29
I have a copy of a 64 bit version of Warcraft III for mac (1.31.1.12173). It works on my Apple Silicon with OS Ventura 13.0. It seems like it's the only copy available in the internet, I couldn't find any other.
The greatest thing is that it's only 2 GB in size, not 30 GB as Reforged version.
However, the app is unpacked. It runs if you just copy it to another computer, but to legally share it I need to somehow delete a license information. Maybe somebody can help. I want to share this version.
1.31.1.12173 is a PTR version. As far as I can tell, PTR version is quite unstable and no longer being developed anymore (Blizzard has removed PTR for the Classic in favor of Reforged long time ago).

Level 1
1.31.1.12173 is a PTR version. As far as I can tell, PTR version is quite unstable and no longer being developed anymore (Blizzard has removed PTR for the Classic in favor of Reforged long time ago).
But it's the only version in the internet that can be played on a 64 bit macs which isn't Reforged. I think it should be preserved. I would already upload it here but I think it's illegal?

Level 29
But it's the only version in the internet that can be played on a 64 bit macs which isn't Reforged. I think it should be preserved. I would already upload it here but I think it's illegal?
I don't know, but playing Warcraft III PTR is not recommended nowadays because of numerous bugs you might encounter with this version, especially the World Editor.

Level 17
As long as you don't share the CD-keys along with it, I don't think it's illegal. Having more Mac versions available for people sounds good

Level 5
Any chance some1 could show me where to get 1.31 on mac?

(thank you blizzard for making my life more complicated)

Level 1
Last edited:
Level 3
Hi everyone,

Is there a consensus in community, which versions are the most stable and which versions are used for map and campaign creation? As far as I managed to gather the information 1.26 and maybe 1.30.1 are the goto versions pre-Reforged and I'm guessing any latest Reforged version is the one that custom campaigns are being made on. Thanks in advance!

Level 29
Hi everyone,

Is there a consensus in community, which versions are the most stable and which versions are used for map and campaign creation? As far as I managed to gather the information 1.26 and maybe 1.30.1 are the goto versions pre-Reforged and I'm guessing any latest Reforged version is the one that custom campaigns are being made on. Thanks in advance!
Deepstrasz actually recommends 1.30.4, but this version lacks MPQ and is only intended for the most custom campaigns that require version beyond 1.27.
I really don't suggest 1.31. Too many bugs with this version, preferably the lack of hero level-up system for AI and missing strings in the World Editor.

Level 3
Deepstrasz actually recommends 1.30.4, but this version lacks MPQ and is only intended for the most custom campaigns that require version beyond 1.27.
I really don't suggest 1.31. Too many bugs with this version, preferably the lack of hero level-up system for AI and missing strings in the World Editor.
Thank you for the feedback! What does MPQ stand for?

EDIT: Also, if I were to create a new custom campaign, which version would be the best?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
EDIT: Also, if I were to create a new custom campaign, which version would be the best?
It's user discretion which game version to make maps/campaigns on is the "best".
  • 1.27b is the most stable patch IMO (others say 1.26 but from what I remember, there are some hacking risks via map-game running).
  • 1.30.4 is IMO the best to play and make pre-1.32 (Reforged although this name should only represent the HD/graphics upgrade side of the new versions) maps/campaigns since it has the least bugs and offers 24 players (compared to 1.31.1) but doesn't offer the versatility of 1.31.1 or 1.32+ versions (currently 1.36) in terms of triggering and UI editing.
  • 1.36 (or newer if the game company will still update) is not without bugs, some serious, pertaining the world editor when using the import manager/custom assets (but saving often and making backups can avoid these) but definitely gives the latest groove things to work with more than 1.31.1.
General things to consider:
  • some say that on newer game versions there's a higher risk of desyncs in multiplayer, meaning some players might be simply thrown out of the game/get disconnected. There are multiple as well as unknown causes as to why this happens, some being related to the triggering and object data in maps, while others maybe related to the game versions and localization themselves. I'm not savvy in this so I can't tell you specifics.
  • when choosing a game version, one thing to be taken into account is the audience you're aiming at. If you want most people to play your stuff, older versions are the thing to choose since newer versions can run most older version maps and because very many people do not have the original/legal version of the game, hence why they use older versions.

Sorry for the off-topic post but profile messages have a letter number limit.

Level 29
What does MPQ stand for?
It's basically an archive format, similar in some aspects to a ZIP file, that contains an essential game files. Note that, maps (W3M/W3X) and campaigns (W3N) are also MPQ. After 1.29.2, it was replaced by CASC (it's not classified as a file format, but more technically a storage system that spans many files).
You might want to check out this thread about MPQ and CASC:

Note: The official site of MPQ and CASC (Zezula.net) is broken, so I can't provide an exact link for MPQ and CASC detailed information.

Level 3
I would like to use version 1.30.4 After I start the game by clicking the icon a black screen appears and nothing happens. How can I fix it? (I use win11 64 bit)

Last edited:
Level 29
I would like to use version 1.30.4 After I start the game by clicking the icon a black screen appears and nothing happens. How can I fix it? (I use win11 60 bit)
This question was already answered multiple times, but I will give you a short solution:
1.Start the game using "-graphicsapi Direct3D9" parameter. This will also solve issues relating the game performance, but I don't know if this trick is still working nowadays.
2.This one is only intended if you are using non-English language of your OS:
Why do I have a black screen at startup? (relevant for versions 1.30.0.9900-1.32)
The client’s language and the language in the registry do not match, you need to change the language in the registry to the one in the client.
(w3 - Retail, w3t - Test PTR, w3b - Beta)
(enUS ruRU deDE esES frFR itIT koKR plPL zhCN zhTW - ROC TFT)
(enUS ruRU deDE esES frFR itIT koKR plPL zhCN zhTW enGB esMX jaJP ptBR thTH - Reforged)
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Classic Launcher\w3] "Locale"="enUS"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Classic Launcher\w3t] "Locale"="enUS"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Classic Launcher\w3b] "Locale"="enUS"