1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
  3. We've created a new forum: Overwatch! Discuss gameplay strategies, team composition, lootboxes and much more!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The dust has finally settled for Hive's first joint Hero Contest. Come check out the results and comment on what you think should be a Neutral Tavern Hero!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The awesome entries of Mini-Mapping Contest #13 - Ghastly Realm are finished! Vote for your favorite here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Last squad standing! The results for Modeling Contest - Squad are out. Congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results for the 4-way challenge is up! Congratulate the winner and take pity on the losers here!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Looking to expand an altered melee race of yours? Join the Advanced Techtree Contest - Recycle, Revise, Reinvent contest!
    Dismiss Notice

Sunken City v2.3.1.

Submitted by SpasMaster
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Host map Arrange game

• INFORMATION
    Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
    Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
    Amount of Heroes: 24
    Maximum Level: 18

Easy Normal Hard Hell Insane
    Enemy Handicap
    100%
    140%
    180%
    220%
    260%
    Enemy Bonus Damage
    0%
    30%
    75%
    120%
    160%
    Enemy Bonus Armor
    Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
    0%
    15%
    25%
    35%
    40%
    Easy Normal Hard Hell Insane
    Bonus Gold per Kill
    Bonus XP
    0%
    0%
    0%
    3%
    6%
    Bonus Drop Chances
    0%
    10%
    15%
    20%
    30%
    Starting Gold

• CHANGELOG
    Latest Changelog

[​IMG] Version 2.3.1. [02.12.2016]

General Changes
    • Fixed a bug where you wouldn't be able to interract with Oris anymore if you got his question wrong.
    • Fixed a bug where the correct keyword for Oris was always the same.
    • Fixed a bug where killing the Firelord would cause the game to crash.
    • Hadeis, the Lost Tuskarr will no longer attack players.
    • Fixed a bug where Inspect could be used to open paths for the Path is Clear quest.
    • Fixed a bug where a couple of Ghosts were not displaying their messages.
    • Mahul information has been updated.
    • Tentacles spawned by Azumoth should no longer appear outside of his chamber.
    • Tooltip fixes.
    • Fixed a bug where the Hot Feet challenge was not working properly.
    • Damage Types can now deal a maximum of 125% damage to armor types they counter down from 140%.
    • Damage Types can now deal a minimum of 85% damage to armor types they are below average up from 75%.
    • Damage Types can now deal a minimum of 75% damage to armor types they are countered by down from 60%.
    • Chaos Damage Type now deals 125% damage to all armor types down from 130%.

Classes
    [​IMG] Berserker

• Model has been reversed to one from previous versions.
    [​IMG] Dragon Knight

• Fixed a bug where Dragon Form had incorrect hotkey written in its tooltip.
    [​IMG] Druid

• Fixed a bug where Wild Growth did not apply its over time effect.
    [​IMG] Hunter

• Fixed an exploit where the Hunter could use Unleash the Beasts more than once in a single cooldown.
    [​IMG] Priest

• Fixed a bug where Circle of Healing was not dealing damage.
    [​IMG] Tinker

• Fixed a bug where the Advanced Productions Talent would get disabled after resetting Pocket Factory.
    [​IMG] Windmaster

• Attack type changed to Massive.

Items
    [​IMG] Items

• Fixed a bug where Skull of Lamenting Souls was giving Agility instead of Intelligence.
    • Fixed a bug where the Pristine Emerald quest item would disappear permanently if your hero is not attuned for it.
    • Fixed a bug where Thori'dal, the Star's Fury could damage allies with its equip effect.
    • Fixed a bug where Suramar Wine was not properly used in the Dawn Recipe.
    • Fixed a bug where the Alchemist's Vial could be exploited for exra stats.
    • Fixed a bug where Nature's Guardian was not displaying proper amount healed.
    • Fixed a bug where the Spectral Leggings use effect was not working.
    • Fixed a bug where Flasks got deactivated when trying to purchase more than one of them.

Archives

• FEATURES
    • Diverse Heroes: The 24 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
    • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
    • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
    • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
    • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
    • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
    • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
    • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
    • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
    • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
    • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
    • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
    • Glyph System: A system that improves hero customisation in various ways. Preview below:
      Each Player is able to choose up to a maximum of 3 Glyphs for his hero and will not be able to have more than 1 Glyph of each type. Glyphs will be changeable at any point of the game and are completely free. As said, players will have a maximum of 3 Glyphs, but that does not happen up until Level 6. You will have one Glyph slot at level 1, two Glyph slots at level 3 and three Glyph slots at level 6. Currently there are 20 Glyphs. You can check them all out below:

• [​IMG] Glyph of Battle Frenzy: Gives your attacks 15% chance to grant you 35% attack speed for 5 seconds. The attack speed buff must wear off before occuring again.
        [​IMG] Glyph of Glass Cannon: Increases damage dealt from all sources by 15%, but every time your units take damage, they will loose life equal to 10% of damage taken.
        [​IMG] Glyph of Thunder: Your spellcasts have 16% chance to call down lightnings from the skies that deal 35 spell damage with 170% primary attribute scaling and stun all enemy units within 600 range for 1,15 seconds.
        [​IMG] Glyph of Blood Violence: Whenever your hero deals damage, he has 4% chance and his pets 1% chance to cause the enemy flesh to explode and deal 20 damage to all nearby enemies. Damage is increased by amount equal to 140% of Primary Attribute.
        [​IMG] Glyph of Hellfire: Deals 2 spell damage and additional amount equal to 3 times your hero level to all enemy units within 400 range of your hero each second. Damage dealt is reduced to 1 time your hero level when more than 3 units are affected and is doubled if only one unit is damaged by this Glyph.
      • [​IMG] Glyph of Dampening: Grants you 20% Spell Damage Reduction and causes spellcasts against your hero to restore 5% of maximum health.
        [​IMG] Glyph of Bloodthirst: Causes your Hero to restore Health equal to 12% of any damage he deals.
        [​IMG] Glyph of Recovery: Causes you to regenerate 2 health and additional 2% of missing health each second.
        [​IMG] Glyph of Mana Shield: Reduces any damage taken by amount equal to 2% of your maximum mana.
        [​IMG] Glyph of Astral Shift: When your hero is below 30% of maximum health, he partially shifts into the elemental panes, absorbing 25% of any incoming damage.
      • [​IMG] Glyph of Dark Pact: Applies an effect to one or more of your Hero abilities along with a downside. Information about the effect can be found in ability tooltips.
        [​IMG] Glyph of Shadow Collector:
        Stacks up power from the total Shadow Crystals you've acquired and grants a bonus depending on Primary Attribute:
        • Strength: attacks against your hero reflect 6 damage (+50%) per stack.
        • Agility: your hero attacks have 20% chance to deal 40 extra spell damage, (+75%) per stack. (On-Hit Effect)
        • Intelligence: Casting a spell on an enemy or friendly unit will deal 30 area damage (+50%) per stack.
        [​IMG] Glyph of Gold Find: Whenever an enemy dies, you have 25% chance to gain 15-25 extra gold.
        [​IMG] Glyph of Class Mastery: After casting your Q hotkey ability, your hero will gain Class Mastery for 4 seconds, which provides one of the following effects depending on his primary attribute:
        • Strength: increases armor by 4 and causes attacks against your hero restore 0,75% of his maximum health.
        • Agility: increases all damage dealt by 30%.
        • Intelligence: regenerates 2% of maximum mana.
        [​IMG] Glyph of Replenishment: Causes you to regenerate 0,6% of missing mana each second.

• [​IMG] Glyph of Magic Find: Increases item drop chances from all creeps by 20% for the party. This glyph stacks with other player's Magic Find glyphs.
        [​IMG] Glyph of Protecting: When allied heroes take damage, 15% of the damage is dealt to your hero instead as spell damage. That amount is reduced to 7% when your hero is below 50% of maximum health. Has no effect when below 20% of maximum health.
        [​IMG] Glyph of Renewal: Your spellcasts have 40% chance to restore 15 health with 150% primary attribute scaling to all friendly units within 700 range.
        [​IMG] Glyph of Cruelty: Your hero has 8% chance and his pets 3% chance to silence and reduce the attack damage of enemies they damage by 20% for 3,5 seconds.
        [​IMG] Glyph of Deep Healing: Increases the healing done by all channeled and active healing spells and their applied healing effects by 15%. Also increases the healing done by all Glyphs by 30%. Abilities, Talents and Glyphs that benefit from this effect are indicated with a green star (*) in their tooltips.

• SCREENSHOTS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• HEROES

Intelligence Heroes Strength Heroes Agility Heroes
    Shaman [1]
    Druid [2]
    Priest [3]
    Mage [4]
    Necromancer [5]
    Warlock [6]
    Witch Doctor [7]
    Blood Mage [8]
    Warrior [1]
    Paladin [2]
    Death Knight [3]
    Monk [4]
    Tidewarrior [5]
    Dragon Knight [6]
    Spirit Champion [7]
    Tinker [8]
    Rogue [1]
    Hunter [2]
    Ice Lancer [3]
    Windmaster [4]
    Berserker [5]
    Demon Hunter [6]
    Sapper [7]
    Siren [8]

[​IMG]
    • We have a Discord server where we gather and play together.
    • It's a well organized and active server.
    • You don't need to install anything.
    • Join us here now!

• CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:

Note:
    There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.
Contents

Sunken City v2.3.1. (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies....
  1. Moderator: -Kobas-
    Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)
    Personal Comment:
    One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play.
    Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies.
    Over 100 different traps, puzzles and such like obstacles all over map.

After 2 years of constant improvements and never ending updates,
    time has come for this special honor. Enjoy.

Map Status: Approved
    (6/5) ★ Director's Cut ★

2. SpasMaster

SpasMaster
    [​IMG]
    Version Progress, Updates & Planned Features

Version 2.3.2 has started development!
    • Changes to Sapper, Warlock, Priest, Spirit Champion, Tidewarrior, Monk, Blood Mage, Necromancer (2.3.2 or later)
    • Two new modes (2.3.2)
    • MANY new items (2.3.2)
    • Some Late Game areas are scheduled for a rework (ongoing)
    • New areas in the late game (Coming with the WC3 patch that increases map size limit)

Last updated: 14.01.2016

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  3. SpasMaster

SpasMaster
    Me and Cweener worked hard (mostly him tbh) and made v.1.1. so check it out ^^

4. Cweener

Cweener
    "These changes were going to be impossible without the help of Cweener.
    If you like the changes made from v.1.0. to this one add reputation to him too."

Loved how you put that in the change log :) Thanks mate :)

5. Fussiler1

Fussiler1
    Perhaps you could add some screenshots? ^^

6. Cweener

Cweener
    screenies will be coming soon.

Version 1.4 Brought A LOT to this map that it was lacking, just look at the changelog. :p

I'm writing up a new description for the map as we speak, so it should be up soon. :)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  7. ACdestinydream

ACdestinydream
    Review by ACdestinydream

my score system

Score system

your map would be given points as in the following criterias. The number at the side are the total score you can get from that aspect.

Description [10]
    Creativity [15]
    Triggering [15]
    Playability [5]
    Object Managing [10]
    Terrain [15]

Overall [70]

description of the scoring system

description

Description [10]
    This aspect determines how much work you have put into your map's description.

1~3 You did not put enough work into it.
    4~7 It looks good, but it lacks screenshots etc.
    8~10 It is just that perfect! Keep it up!

Creativity [15]
    This aspect determines how much creatvity you have put into your map.

1~5 This map is obviously copied.
    6~10 This map lacks some creativity.
    11~15 You have thought of many ideas and it is quite creative with many different things which others do not have. Good job!

Triggering [15]
    This aspect determines how much triggering work you have put into your map.

1~5 This map is full of leaks and it have many bad triggers.
    6~10 This map have quite alot of leaks yet it is still playable.
    11~15 This map have little leaks and uses good triggers.

Playability [5]
    This aspect determines whether your map is fun to play or not.

1~2 Boring game with little/no help given.
    3~4 Quite a fun game yet the playability is not there yet.
    5 This map is fun and enjoyable.

Object Managing [10]
    This aspect determines how well you have put in custom models/icons to fit your map.

1~3 Wrong usage of custom models/icons and bad tooltips/missing tooltips.
    4~7 Custom models were used correctly but there are still some bad tooltips.
    8~10 Little/no mistake in tooltips or icons.

Terrain [15]
    This aspect determines how well did you terrain your map.

1~5 Bland terrain/doodad spammage/bad looking places/wrong usage of tiles
    6~10 Some of the doodads were used correctly and some of the terrains were bad looking.
    11~15 Great usage of doodads with good placement of different buildings etc.

Overall:
    1~10 1/5 map rating with a Reject. [No rep]
    11~20 2/5 map rating with a Reject. [No rep]
    21~30 2/5 map rating with an Approve. [No rep]
    31~40 3/5 map rating with an Approve. [No rep]
    41~50 3/5 map rating with an Approve. [+rep]
    51~60 4/5 map rating with an Approve. [+rep]
    61~70 5/5 map rating with an Approve. [+rep]

My reivew of Sunken City v1.4.

My review of Sunken City v1.4.

Description [6/10]

It describes nothing about the gameplay itself with no screenshots.

Creativity [10/15]

Its another hack&slash with mindless killings.

Triggering [7/15]

Little/no triggers are needed in these kinds of maps and the spells are all wc3.

Playability [1/5]

It gets so boring after completing half the game that i quit.

Object managing [8/10]

I see some models that replace the original models.

Terrain [8/15]

Terrain isnt really important but it is still lacking,

personal comment:
    i feel that you should increase the playability because it gets really, really boring. Add events.

Overall = 6 + 10 + 7 + 1 + 8 + 8 = 40/70 (3/5 rating with approve and rep)

Final rating: 40/70 (3/5 map rating + approve + rep)

Reviewed by ACdestinydream. Please contact me if you disagree with my review or you want me to review your map again.

Cweener asked me to review it. hope i am not too harsh :/

EDIT: 7/15 because theres hardly any triggers.

EDIT2: tooltips problem settled, +2 score and + rep ;)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  8. Cweener

Cweener
    my only question with that review is the line,
    how are they a problem?

9. ACdestinydream

ACdestinydream
    did u ever read them? 'recover more dmg every level' or something like that in shaman. theres some errors in thief too

10. Cweener

Cweener
    I wrote them, do you have the version that we released like yesterday or two days ago, with colored tooltips?

11. ACdestinydream

ACdestinydream
    i dont think so... was it those with yellow tooltips?

12. Cweener

Cweener
    It is yellow and red. All tooltips give all necessary information and highlight the important stuff in red. I don't see any problem with your review except there. I wrote each one, and know that each Ability tooltip is accurate and gives needed info.

13. ACdestinydream

ACdestinydream
    oh so that version was the uncorrected version.

14. SpasMaster

SpasMaster
    Soon to come in v.1.5. - 3 new heroes, new islands, new items, new description (maybe) and other cool stuff =).

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  15. Souless

Souless
    Cool map loved it 5/5!!! :thumbs_up:

16. togera90

togera90
    The maps itself is great but..

I really didnt like soloing it i died about 1/3 of the kills i had to 1/4 so the map is very great in environment and texture i love that but possibly adding a shop or two of buyable things and instead of making this just a hero vs random nagas and sea things turn it into an rpg or some kinda quested thing

5/5 for map itself :thumbs_up:
    2/5 for the ability to solo it, maybe its just me and i suck but it was hard :thumbs_down:

17. togera90

togera90
    I have an idea you could make different types of maps ya know? Like this is sunken city
    now make deserted dessert or something ya know? thtd be a tight series :p try to add shops please and possibly if u have 2 items you can combine them into 1 strong item like dota (i hate dota btw) but thts a neat idea

18. SpasMaster

SpasMaster
    Thanks for commenting togera90. I really disagree with the things you said.

1.The map recommends 3 players, and it's really hard with 2 players. 1 player is hardly passable and boring.
    2.There ARE shops. I don't know how long you played, or how far you reached, but there are like 10 shops till the end of the map. Also the map contains many item drops.

Anyways, the idea about combining items is great and I'll look into it. Today I released v.1.5. You proubably played v.1.4. which is pretty old ;)

P.S.: Do not double post, it's against the rules. Use EDIT button instead :)

19. Cweener

Cweener
    actually 1 player in 1.5 is now impossible. (period) There is no way, because there is a bridge in the beginning that now requires two people to step on levers at the same time.:)

EDIT; okay, there is ONE way. but, I'm not gunna say it, because it involves exploiting my lazy triggering xD