• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells & Systems Mini-Contest #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Actually, you really got my first idea.
My first idea was after turning undead they will slow down(because most undead are slow, except on the show Dawn of the dead and the game left4dead, xD) and Magnus heals friendly units.
But a friend suggested me that it doesn't add up or its not good that way. But when you put it that way the elements really does come together.
I'll try to fix it to what you said, I think it really fits that element. Thanks ^^

Last edited:
Level 25
My coding is a bit of complex when you look at it but i tried spaming my spells about 20 times repeatingly and it didn't bugged while still keeping about the same FPS.
Actualy my coding is just a lot of use of Paladon integer array system and a lot of variables(lol cause 75% are integers and reals for spell settings).
I want to know will the variable number reduce or increase the triggering scoring(i use a lot of variables cuz of high spell customizations).
EDIT:
Does it need a documentation for the spells?

Level 13
But still. People might think about undeads running away when they see the spell, since that's what most people assosiacet with the name, but then they see something entirely different.

Then they should read the damn tooltip :con:

Documentation about how the spell works? Or maybe what it does? What are we supposed to document exactly?

Explain the script itself, why you save the unit in this group, what this trigger/function does and so on ;) So it's easier to read and understand.

Level 25
My spells aren't finished, only modifications remain now...
Anyway to ensure nobody makes a double of my spells, here are my spells tooltips:
First Spell, Deep Freeze:
Deep Freezes the targets in the 400 AOE making icycles materialize and fall on them dealing up to 20-50/30-60/40-70 cold damage per second depending on the distance from the original pulse. Deep frozen unit's cannot be controled. If under the effect of Full Impact the frost damage is doubled due to the frostbite. Lasts 3-10 seconds and cannot stack.

Second Spell, Full Impact:
A cryometeor falls from the sky dealing force damage and frostbiting enemies. The meteor falls dealing up to 100-200/125-325/150-450 force damage in 350 AOE and giving units within 200 AOE frostbite for 3-10 seconds. Damage is dependant by the distance from the impact point. Units hit by the meteor in 150 AOE of the impact point get shatered if under the influence of deep freeze. Frostbiten unit's get their movement speed reduced by 2-5/4-10/6-15 %.

They synergy with themselves and i used only 1 dummy and 2 buffs and 2 abilities for buff checking, every other aspect is calculated in the triggers, including MS reduction.
Sorry for not posting i want to make sure it's bugless/leakless/lagless and polished.
Hope you like the idea, the real thing is yet to come...

Level 13
I finally updated my spell,

Just like you said EOW. xD

I even changed the name of the TURN UNDEAD... I don't really know why people would think that Turn Undead will give them a thought that undead should run away. The name doesn't really say it all. I don't know if it means "Turning undead" or "Turning undead to face the opposite direction and run away..." LOL!
^0^

Level 22
I haven't started creating my spell yet ^^
I have an idea, but I'm still waiting for a reply from Hanky about a PM I sent him about using my projectile system.
If I can't use it I'll need a new idea, because both spells requires the projectile system.

Level 16
Well, the Jass GetUnitAbilityLevel(unit, ability)>0 doesn't work and that's what the GUI condition is based on...

in jass it should be GetUnitAbilityLevel(unit,Buff) > 0 then e.g. GetUnutAbilityLevel(unit,'B000'), this works for sure, i don't know what you are doing wrong :)

{EDIT}
I haven't started creating my spell yet ^^
I have an idea, but I'm still waiting for a reply from Hanky about a PM I sent him about using my projectile system.
If I can't use it I'll need a new idea, because both spells requires the projectile system.

in the description is written, that you are not allowed to use projectil systems etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
in the description is written, that you are not allowed to use projectil systems etc.

I think you are allowed to use your own systems.

That doesn't work at all for me... neither does adding the buff

Checking if a unit has a buff via the GetUnitAbilityLevel(unit,buff)>0 works. So you problem is elsewhere(this cannot be done directly in GUI except with a custom script or with the Unit Has Buff action).
You can't add a buff with just UnitAddAbility.

Level 12
It was already explained.
Make a dummy ability with the proper buff, add it to a dummy unit, and make the unit use it.

Level 23
Well, you do use triggers to add that dummy ability which has the buff. But no, "stand-alone" buffs is not possible.

SetUnitMoveSpeed should work... But it could be complex when resetting it, as you have to save what units are affected in a group and reset killed ones.

Level 12
There already is a default unit movement speed that can be fetched - GetUnitDefaultMoveSpeed(), also available in GUI.
But that is irrelevent. You can do it like this:
Set Unit ms to Current ms * 3 / 5 (40% slow).
Then:
Set Unit ms to Current ms * 5 / 3 (removing the 40% slow).

All other slows boosts are acounted. The only problems with this are: Minor fluctuations( because pcs cannot accurately handle 1/3; and that you have to be careful after respawning not to increase the ms of the unit by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.