• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[FINISHED] Spells&Systems Mini-Contest #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
My spell is done now.
It should be leakless and I don't think it has any bugs other than 1 small graphical bug which I don't know how I should remove it.
The bug is that when flying units is flying over raised terrain, but not at the top the like the the "picture" below shows the lightning doesn't hit the unit correctly, it comes beneath it.
.........................__
......................X/....\
....................../.......\
X=The flying unit

If someone knows how to fix it then please say it.

Update: I have added auto taunt to the ward which is easy to change (radius, interval and on/off)

Update 2: It got 3 levels now, You now get exp and gold when units are killed by the ward, I have added a hotkey and I have fixed 3 small things.

Attachments

• Spirit Ward.w3x
    29.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Level 4
I do like your spell Reborn, but the thing is I don't know if this spell could fit in any game. I mean, maybe your trap could taunt the guys around him, or the ward's priority could be higher, so the spell could be more effective.

If no one attacks the trap (if there are any other unit, they will attack the unit, not the trap.) the trap is useless. But I like the idea. Good work.

Level 24
Oh, Oh.

I sense Hindy skillz.

I don't really excpect mine to be much good but we'll see.

The idea that I can up with goes like this:

A mine explodes, in a similar fashion to that of a goblin land mine.

It knocksback nearby units.

It also creates a group of secondary explosions in the area, but these don't knockback.

So, I'm going to get to work.

EDIT: Can we use a knockback system? I can't read the rules too well 'cause the resolution of THW is messed up on my comp.

It would simplify my work a bunch.

Level 12
I was gonna choose between one of two things

1. Resurrection Totem, when a unit dies in the proximity it will be resurrected, cooldown and defining conditions of what can and cannot be ressurected will be defined by the level of the ability

2. Strength of Spirit, basically a ward, when units are in the proximity they recieve +X armor for each unit nearby (way to rip-off MTG), as well as a little attack boost, I haven't decided how the attack boosts would work, but I think I'll settle on +X for each for armor. The max amount of armor per unit will be defined by the level of cast (same for attack speed bonus)

Level 4
It seems like Hawk's spell is not based on only a small knockbacking. The spell itself is more complicated then that. So maybe knockback won't be a large-do-it-for-you system for this spell. It's gonna do some small jobs for the trap.

Level 24
Originally Posted by The Rules
# You may use utilities (that do small jobs), but no large do-it-for-you systems.

It seems like Hawk's spell is not based on only a small knockbacking. The spell itself is more complicated then that. So maybe knockback won't be a large-do-it-for-you system for this spell. It's gonna do some small jobs for the trap.

I want a Poots opinion on this one. :p

I can make my own, but it'll probably be GUI.

Level 12
here is my spell, Wormhole Ward

Summons an immovable ward with the ability to transport enemy units through time. Whenever an enemy unit moves close to the Wormhole Ward, it will disappear and then reappear later. The Ward lasts for 10 Seconds.
Level 1 - Enemy units reappear 10 seconds later.
Level 2 - Enemy units reappear 15 seconds later.
Level 3 - Enemy units reappear 20 seconds later.

EDIT : Fixed a wierd bug regarding the units moving back to the location they were first created, for some odd reason

Attachments

• Wormhole Ward.w3x
    16.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Level 12
1. Resurrection Totem, when a unit dies in the proximity it will be resurrected, cooldown and defining conditions of what can and cannot be ressurected will be defined by the level of the ability

:D
Exactly what I have done :p

I can't edit the spell before the end of the competition, but I'd change the tooltip a bit :)
So that the name fits more.
For instance:
"If a friendly unit dies within 600 range of the totem, it is revived with 20% of its maximum health and mana to avenge itself."
And I would fix the typo("healt").

Level 23
NO, dont xO. It would kill me since our comp here crashed yesterday. I spent 3 days configurating it properly :/

It works now though, but I need to start with the spell soon._.

-BerZeKeR- I found an odd bug in your spell. It appears that the units are unhidden at their "created location". I dont know how its possible, but they are, and it looked very mysterious since everything seemed fine in the triggers.
Also, is units supposed to become teleported back even if the ward dies? It would look better if they all are brought back upon ward death. (that is my opinion)
May I also suggest not using custom value? It would be better with a dummy ability increasing level instead. My first spell (not last but last again) was made by custom values, but it lowered my total score due to the possible interference if someone would like to implent the spell to ones map.

Level 12
NO, dont xO. It would kill me since our comp here crashed yesterday. I spent 3 days configurating it properly :/

It works now though, but I need to start with the spell soon._.

-BerZeKeR- I found an odd bug in your spell. It appears that the units are unhidden at their "created location". I dont know how its possible, but they are, and it looked very mysterious since everything seemed fine in the triggers.
Also, is units supposed to become teleported back even if the ward dies? It would look better if they all are brought back upon ward death. (that is my opinion)
May I also suggest not using custom value? It would be better with a dummy ability increasing level instead. My first spell (not last but last again) was made by custom values, but it lowered my total score due to the possible interference if someone would like to implent the spell to ones map.
isnt this my spell you are talking about?

EDIT : I just tested, there is something strange about that......

anyhow, my most recent world editor experiences have been somewhat strange. On my map(another one, not the spell) i found a bug with a trigger being executed on a timer. Since it was bugged, i tested to create a message that would tell me the Remaining Time of the (Expiring timer)

the result was 10.00, i mean, wtf?

anyhow, this problem wasnt there before, must have been something ive changed before i released it :S

Level 23
Hmz, for me, Remaining Time of expiring timer never works, since it always shows what I dont want.

It would be logical if it showed 0... But I think, that if it expires it resets the timer starting time. So if you started the timer on 10 seconds, then I think that would be the thing. Elseway I dont know.

(Im off to bed now though, gnight :s)

Level 12
the wierd part is, it works perfectly once, and then when i try it the other time, something messes it all up and on the third try, nothing works(the timer is somewhat bugged)

anyhow, fixed the bug and edited the original post

Status
Not open for further replies.